Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Bump

Our FA Cup 2nd round game will be streamed live

nice one, hopefully a few of the pubs will manage to hook it up to big screen! dont really want to be huddled around a computer screen!

Yeah I think soIt was 67,500 pounds per club in the First round, so you imagine it would be the same or more in the second.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]nice one, hopefully a few of the pubs will manage to hook it up to big screen! dont really want to be huddled around a computer screen![/quote]A lot of tellys have monitor connections in the back now - although I have no idea what streaming would look like on anything bigger than a 32 inch screen.  Probably a bit shocking I''d guess.

[quote user="mr socks"]can''t find anything about it on the fa website[/quote]No info on the FA site yet, but there''s no 5.15 game listed according to thishttp://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/2009/FACupHighlightsReplay.aspx

The ........ stream of ............ pictures wouldbeupanddown ....... andyou would probablymissagoal....... as the feed caught up after buffering.

[quote user="paul lamberts bottle"]do you need a tv license to watch it??[/quote]If it''s a live television signal then yes, I think.  But the tv license people just send letters to everyone that hasn''t got one anyway.  It''s not like they''re going to be bringing their "detector vans" to norfolk for the day, on the lookout for unscrupulous laptop users...

I just don''t understand why they don''t sell the rights to a game like this for a nominal fee to the bbc for them to stick on their red button or even on their sports site.  Chances are the FAs'' site won''t cope with the demand anyway - it doesn''t strike me as the kind of website that gets high video demand all the time.

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]Brilliant, so when the weathers crap and wintery we get to travel back from up north and arrive home in the ungodly hours again....yeah thanks F.A[/quote]That''s a fair point, why can''t they shift it to 12:45 ?

Sorry, just re-read it and I sounded ever so slightly hormonal. Just wish sometimes a bit more thought went into these things. I''ve got the Saturday off work so I can go but on the proviso I work the day after...its just annoying.

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]Sorry, just re-read it and I sounded ever so slightly hormonal. Just wish sometimes a bit more thought went into these things. I''ve got the Saturday off work so I can go but on the proviso I work the day after...its just annoying.[/quote]

Dont go then

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]Sorry, just re-read it and I sounded ever so slightly hormonal. Just wish sometimes a bit more thought went into these things. I''ve got the Saturday off work so I can go but on the proviso I work the day after...its just annoying.[/quote]You could save yourself the petrol and go slightly blind like the rest of Norfolk ? [:)]

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]Yeah maybe I wont. Maybe I''ll jack the whole lot in and become another "keyboard warrior"

God this board does my head in[/quote]Errr, you know that thing you said about being hormonal.... ?Errr - never mind....

It''s just typical of the way things are done in football today. Who cares about the fans wanting to watch their team at 3pm on a Saturday? Who''s bothered by the inconvieniance it causes fans to get to these games?

On teletext earlier there was a West Ham fan excited because he is going to the first home match of the season with a kick-off at 3pm  in a couple of weeks.

Money and tv have us over a barrel.

The FAs'' contact Us page is here - it seems to require some kind of bizarre FAN thing, whatever that is.  Might be worth spamming various football forums about the kick off time too - stuff like 606 or whatever it''s called ?

Did anyone actually watch the Oldham v Leeds game?It was awful with the sound on. The commentator was ok, but they didn''t use live crowd sounds. Instead they had recorded crowd noise in the background constantly. It sounded like the crowd sounds on late 90''s football games.Still, better to be able to watch with no sound than not watch at all. Combine it with Radio Norfolk as see just how inaccurate their commentary is! [:)]

I wonder if this means radio Norfolk won''t be scrambled for us folk who listen via the internet because we don''t live in Norfolk. I ask because I have had several people who watched the live England streaming who said it continually broke up so radio Norfolk would be a second option.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Chances are the FAs'' site won''t cope with the demand anyway - it doesn''t strike me as the kind of website that gets high video demand all the time.[/quote]My internet is crap for watching football on streams, but the FA website is pretty decent. I watched the England Under-21s game on there a few weeks ago and it was perfect.