Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

BRING BACK THEO

soon as the ball came into our third of the pitch the guy looked like a frightened rabit on a road facing a hgv .  i have never seen a keeper flap as much as him .colchester exploited it as much as they could . if a england keeper let in 7 against a team of similar status ..you have to ask yourself one question "would the keeper be given another chance ..?

it was not just his display that concerned me . it was his unbothered excuses after the game that got me . it is not one of those thing , its our worst defeat ever .he is no good. give him a free transfer so he can be a liability for someone else . to let your team down by not turning up, and the howler he had in the reserves he has had more than enough chances . we have much better keepers than him rudd will be a star for the future . a younger keeper with much more confidence and ablilty and can handle situations at this level .

australian football is not up to the standard of ours . he may be good in that leauge but thats where he should be heading back .

thats what they should do . but we talking about norwich here ..!!! im not sure how long his contract is . if so paying him off is not going to come cheap . hopefully someone will come in for him in january with a £25.00 bid .

Seriously:He was pretty poor in the first game, everyone knows that, BUT it was not down just to him, the defence was just as bad, everyone wanted Nelson gone as well in that game....He has had one game, not really enough....He did play well before joining Norwich, there is no reason why he won''t again....He probably shouldn''t replace Forster, or Rudd, but i doubt we will get Forster back, because either Newcastle will want to sell him, or maybe keep him, i don''t know, but they didn''t want him cup tied....so its unlikely they will let us keep him longer....So at some piont i think he should get another chance.....or just get rid of him now.....

[quote user="singing canary"]

soon as the ball came into our third of the pitch the guy looked like a frightened rabit on a road facing a hgv .  i have never seen a keeper flap as much as him .colchester exploited it as much as they could . if a england keeper let in 7 against a team of similar status ..you have to ask yourself one question "would the keeper be given another chance ..?

it was not just his display that concerned me . it was his unbothered excuses after the game that got me . it is not one of those thing , its our worst defeat ever .he is no good. give him a free transfer so he can be a liability for someone else . to let your team down by not turning up, and the howler he had in the reserves he has had more than enough chances . we have much better keepers than him rudd will be a star for the future . a younger keeper with much more confidence and ablilty and can handle situations at this level .

australian football is not up to the standard of ours . he may be good in that leauge but thats where he should be heading back .

[/quote] If McClaren was still the manager and the keeper was a big name then yes. McClaren only played big names. Capello might, but if he did it would only be in a friendlyI''m sure we can notice a big difference in the England performance between McClaren and Capello, just like we can between Gunn and Lambert

with the team now . gunn lost one match that was colchester . the team lambert took over beat wigan palace etc etc . gunn had alot to do with putting this team together . im not going to go on about it as i will get shot down in flames again ..!!!!!!!!!!!! im positive that colchester game was nothing more than a freak result but saying that i do put most blame on the keeper .i think gunn had the right idea on who to bring in . i agree his tactical knowledge was poor but we have to give the man credit for something he bought the best striker in that division .and on the downside the worst keeper !!

I totally agree with you  SC. Gunn had no managing experience but he did sign Grant Holt. If anyone thinks that he was a totally useless manager then you must have the same views about Holt. When I look back at Gunn''s history in football though, it does surprise me about how good Holt  is and how poor Theo is

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

This must be a wind up.

Theclitoris would struggle to catch swine flu...

[/quote]

That would explain why Lambert couldn''t find him before the Gillingham game.