Sign in to follow this  
Danny G

What age to take your kids to carrow road ?

I was 7 too.

That''s probably about the right age to be introduced to live football. A hell of a lot to take in, found it ever so weird being in the company of thousands of people all cheering in unison

My little brother is only 4 and goes to nearly every home game, he is really into his football, and just sits and watches, would like to say the same for my 6 year old sister, but i cant.

But i would say four is a good age if they are into there football like my little brother

Really it is entirely up to the parents, but it is probably unfair on the child if he or she is obviously showing no interest in the action. I know at one match a few seasons ago a father sat next to me with a very small child and he slept through the entire 90 minutes - the child watched with rapt attention, however lol.

I went when I was three , My daughter went at 5 and is very interested ( now 16 ) , my other daughter went , but hated it so has not been back , my son first went at 4 and loves it ( now 9 )

I think by the age of 5 or 6 , you have a fair idea if they like it and how they will react to being there

first membership at 2 years old (babysitting was a no no so i had to go)been going for 15 years now.my sister came at a very young age and is starting to grasp it now at 7. including a crush on simon lappin.

It is never too early. I took my 3 girls aged 2,3 and 5 in the family enclosure, wrapped them up warm and enjoyed the game as best you could. They went on to grow up in another country but have varying vague recollections of going. The eldest is now a season ticket adult and although the younger 2 still live away they are happy to come to the games when they visit. I reckon it''s because it got in their system. indoctrination counts for a lot.

i first took my daughter to a match(friendly-isreal and palastine vs real madrid) at the age of 9 months. it was a nightmare. i havnt taken her to a game since and will probably not consider it again untill she is at least 6.

[quote user="mastoola"]i first took my daughter to a match(friendly-isreal and palastine vs real madrid) at the age of 9 months. it was a nightmare. i havnt taken her to a game since and will probably not consider it again untill she is at least 6.[/quote]

Israel and Palestine v real madrid ? bloody hell what was a nightmare the football or the 3 sets of fans fighting ?