Sign in to follow this  
Danny G

What age to take your kids to carrow road ?

What age do you think it would be ok ? I have a 2 1/2 year old but thinking is it to young , father in law is brain washing them to support Arsenal , so wanna put my foot down asap if you know what i mean .

Went to my first game aged 7 back in 1986 and i reckon that''s about right.

Took my nephew to the reserves for his first game when he was 6 and that may be your best bet as it''s cheaper and if your child gets distracted then leaving early is not such an issue.

I went to my first game at 5, didn''t really take a notice in football untill i was 7, i wouldn''t worry about him being brainwashed at the moment, just wait a couple of years and take him to a couple of games and he''ll soon be a yellow

I have seen people bring babes in arms. You have to consider how long your child can stand/sit outside without getting bored, wanting the loo etc. Perhaps a bag of colouring, toys, food and drink would be advisable. You may well miss seeing goals as children''s bladders need emptying more frequently than adults and they cannot hold on as well as we can.

I went at 7, about perfect I think.

The worse thing is having some un-interested brat screaming their head off whilst ruining everyone''s enjoyment remotely near them.

I was a late starter at age 8 (Bolton at home, 0-0 draw)

I took my daughter when she was 5 and she quite enjoyed it then. My 2 1/2 year old however is nowhere near ready - he''d want to either join the players on the pitch to play with the ball or he''d think it was the telly and want Wallace & Gromit on instead

Probably take him to a smallish game - reserves or league cup or something - when he''s 4 or 5

[quote user="Woman in the Stands (WITS)"]I have seen people bring babes in arms. You have to consider how long your child can stand/sit outside without getting bored, wanting the loo etc. Perhaps a bag of colouring, toys, food and drink would be advisable. You may well miss seeing goals as children''s bladders need emptying more frequently than adults and they cannot hold on as well as we can

quote]

I know plenty of adults that can''t hold on to the contents of their bladders - especially if theyve been to the bar first and its a cold day....

[quote user="Danny G"]father in law is brain washing them to support Arsenal , so wanna put my foot down asap if you know what i mean .[/quote]Who is his father again?Man up!Fecking Arsenal....dear oh dear.

Started at 6 years old, I think once you have started school and a started to kick a ball arround you ready to go. Things are better now for families and children compared to when i started going in the 1970''s and early 80''s. I can remember the Barclay end, the away supporters caged area and coins and opjects being thrown. The game and the ground has come a long way forward since yhose days. Although there was something special about standing in a packed crowd.

It started taking my daughter at 5 years old. Maybe this was a year or so too young, but she enjoyed the day out even if the football was a bit much for her!

Bought a ST for my nephew, he is 5 (6 next month) & he loves every minute of it.

I''ve been going ever since I can remember. I would say that I went earlier thanmost here becuase I went with my older brothers. But I have taken my 2nd cousin to his first game this season, and although didn''t seem to like footy, loved the game from the top of the Barclay!! He is 8... i think [^o)]

Took my youngest daughter to her first match (Preston away) when she was 6 - she absolutely loved it.  Haven''t looked back since - she is now 8 and comes frequently to games with me in the Lower Barclay.  Unfortunately, she is now able to make out most of the words to the songs!!! [:D]

I went at 7 but that was before all seater stadiums. So i was standing or sitting on the railings at the front with my legs hanging through the gap at the top for those who can remember doing that. This of course was before the days of health and safety stopping such outrageous behaviour.

I didn''t go to a game for the first time till I was 15, missing out really!

The mate I went with however, went with his dad when he was 7/8? That seems about a good age.

i took my boy for his first game this year against wycombe, he was 5 he loved every minute of it but he does do football in the community so already was yellow all the way now hes convinced his best friend at school that yellow is best.

I went sometime in the 69/70 season so makes me about 6 or 7 for my debut in the old South Stand.

I have a similar dilemma with my 5 year old, pressure mounting to take him to Bramall Lane, but want to take him to the real home of football. He also wears the yellow and green all over Sheffield whenever he has a kick about so I want him to live the dream proper.

If we get to Wembley this season he''s definitely coming tho, along with his big sister who surprised me by agreeing this at the beginning of the season - perhaps more in jest that we wouldn''t get there, but recently she seems more enthusiastic.

i was 10 when i went to my first game.

My little girl is 3 and ahlaf now and keeps crazing me to take her. i think she''s far too young at present, maybe when shes 5.

Took my boy to first game (forest away) when he was 4. He was mascot at 5 at stoke away. He''s 13 now and been to 54 league grounds (some 4 or 5 times). Start about 5 but drip feed until then ie get the kit, watch dvds etc etc........ never let them be a glory hunter and tell the father in law to do one...your kid...your legacy......if that fails buy a spurs shirt just to put on when he comes round!

i went to my first game at about 11 i think..

there is a little kid in the Barclay.. near the snakepit who has been going since he/she was very very small..

They seem to do okay :)

Age                               Stand7-12                            River End12-15                          Upper Barclay16-50                          Lower Barclay21-40                          Snake Pit50-60                          City Stand60 - last few days        South Stand

Took my eldest boy to Carrow Road at 5. He sat through first half, but was a bit bored in second half (was 1 1 draw with Milwall). Thought i had put him off, but was v surprised when he asked to go again. (Think he also liked taking train into Norwich). However he then got really into it and really enjoyed going for a couple of seasons. (Went to Leicester and Ipswich away too) We havn''t been much this year due to not having cash to go, and my wife working weekends so have to look after his 4 year old brother.....So should i start taking him as well, so we all can go?

Has anyone taken, or know of anyone who''s taken a one year old to a game at Carrow Road? It''s just I may have to take my boy for the Oldham game (no one else to look after him that afternoon). Not sure what he''d make of it. He likes eating , though, so could always feed him a constant stream of matchday pies if he starts bawling! He also has a cool yellow curly wig in his dressing up box which would look just the part. Keeping him still is likely to be the biggest challenge