Sign in to follow this  
Nicholls

Player Contracts

Now weve Given Daley and Smith a New Constract But am I right in Saying We got Mcdonald On a Year and Half Contract ?? Meaning Now he Can talk To other clubs In january Unless he Agrees a New Deal. I mean If Lambert Doesnt want Him i feel Cody could be Worth abit Of Money To Us, I wanna See him Stay Would You give Him a New contract ??

Anyone who thinks Cody McDonald is worth a bit of money is deluded.

McDonald has done no more than Cureton this season, although he has far more potential. But he certainly isn''t ''worth a bit of money'' just yet.

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

McDonald has done no more than Cureton this season, although he has far more potential. But he certainly isn''t ''worth a bit of money'' just yet.

[/quote]

couldnt agree more. he didnt score against Paulton or swindon when he had a chance to prove himself. maybe he''ll be ok in a few years but at the minute he looks slightly out of his depth.

[/quote]

So Youre Telling Me Mcdonald Aint worth 200,000 at Least, No end of Managers wanted him when we signed Him, No end of Mangers Continue to Praise Him and say they wish they had Him,He has Potentional, An eye For a Goal and He does look the Part and He''s Got the ability To change Games

And To even begin comparing him Cureton im Thinking You must be Deluded,

come on, He''s worth abit and anything Would help

I''d be more concerned with giving improved contracts to Holt and Hoolahan. These guys are key to promotion this season.  

[quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

couldnt agree more. he didnt score against Paulton or swindon when he had a chance to prove himself. maybe he''ll be ok in a few years but at the minute he looks slightly out of his depth.

[/quote]

He coudlve scored against Paulton but slotted accross to Martin Who then Scored

tbh If McDonalds Out of His Depth

Then God Know''s what Cureton is, Drowning ?

[quote user="paul moy"]I''d be more concerned with giving improved contracts to Holt and Hoolahan. These guys are key to promotion this season.  [/quote]

Fair Point But surely Then Mcdonald would be More of a Priority Than Daley ??

[quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote] So Youre Telling Me Mcdonald Aint worth 200,000 at Least, No end of Managers wanted him when we signed Him, No end of Mangers Continue to Praise Him and say they wish they had Him,He has Potentional, An eye For a Goal and He does look the Part and He''s Got the ability To change Games And To even begin comparing him Cureton im Thinking You must be Deluded, come on, He''s worth abit and anything Would help[/quote]

[/quote] So Youre Telling Me Mcdonald Aint worth 200,000 at Least, No end of Managers wanted him when we signed Him, No end of Mangers Continue to Praise Him and say they wish they had Him,He has Potentional, An eye For a Goal and He does look the Part and He''s Got the ability To change Games And To even begin comparing him Cureton im Thinking You must be Deluded, come on, He''s worth abit and anything Would help[/quote]

Few points:

1) I never compared him to Cureton - if anything I said he has more potential than Cureton therefore how is that comparing him to Cureton, but the facts are there, McDonald has done no more than Cureton this season
2) In your opening post you said you wanted to see him stay, yet in your 2nd post you''re saying ''He''s worth a bit and anything would help'' make up your mind!
3) It doesn''t matter if ''he looks the part'' it doesn''t mean he''s suddenly up there with the best NCFC strikers. I might ''look the part'' but I know I wouldn''t be able to go out there and compete.

I''m not saying he''s rubbish and we should sell him because we shouldn''t its still relatively early days in his professional career, he is a raw talent plucked from non-league who used to work at London Underground, I think thats why he has cult hero status at Carrow Road.

I happen to think give it a year or so, McDonald will be a handy prospect but at the moment he is still very raw and certainly isn''t ''worth a bit''

Cody: On low wages, young, hungry with potential and willingness to improve.

Cureton: On high wages, old, slow, misses about 100 more than he scores. Couldn''t give him away!

No contest.

Out of a matter of interest how old are you Chris''ymartin?

I would place you at about 14/15

[/quote]

Why what Are You some Sorta Internet Pedo LMFAO,

Far from that Age my Friend

Cody: 16 appearances 2 goals

Cureton: 8 appearances 2 goals

You''re right no contest currently, but still Cody has more potential.

Out of a matter of interest how old are you Chris''ymartin?

I would place you at about 14/15

[/quote] Why what Are You some Sorta Internet Pedo LMFAO, Far from that Age my Friend[/quote]

No - just be interested as it seems the youngsters (under 16s) rate McDonald more than the adults.

Just an observation.  

I would certainly improve McDonald''s contract if another club was threatening to poach him. It''s unfair to say that Cody has achieved no more than Cureton, purely because Cureton has started a few games alongside Holt and failed to score. If Cody had started with Holt I''m pretty certain that he would have scored. I would rather lose Cureton than Cody. Please, please take him in January ...... somebody !!!! 

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

Few points:

1) I never compared him to Cureton - if anything I said he has more potential than Cureton therefore how is that comparing him to Cureton, but the facts are there, McDonald has done no more than Cureton this season
2) In your opening post you said you wanted to see him stay, yet in your 2nd post you''re saying ''He''s worth a bit and anything would help'' make up your mind!
3) It doesn''t matter if ''he looks the part'' it doesn''t mean he''s suddenly up there with the best NCFC strikers. I might ''look the part'' but I know I wouldn''t be able to go out there and compete.

I''m not saying he''s rubbish and we should sell him because we shouldn''t its still relatively early days in his professional career, he is a raw talent plucked from non-league who used to work at London Underground, I think thats why he has cult hero status at Carrow Road.

I happen to think give it a year or so, McDonald will be a handy prospect but at the moment he is still very raw and certainly isn''t ''worth a bit''

[/quote]

You said He''s Done No more than Cureton and TRUST me that is a A COMPARISON

And to Youre other Point Ido want Mcdonald To stay i said HE MIGHT BE WORTH A BIT IF HE WERENT IN LAMBERTS PLANS

And if You look the Part it Means You can or will be able to Compete. and With The chances Mcdonalds had he looks Good, And where Did i say He''s Up there With the best of Norwich Strikers??? LMFAO

And a bit Could Mean anything From 50p To 2 milion So Mcdonald IS worth a Bit i bet Half Of the Teams in League 1 Would Give 200k For McDonald If they had the Money

Don''t get me wrong....I''d love for Cody Mcdonald to be up there banging them in, and I think Cureton is well past his prime.

But I think a little patience is in order as he isn''t ready yet, but potentially he could be a top striker.

[/quote]

That''s an unfair comparison IMO. How many minutes have each played in total over those games ?

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

That''s an unfair comparison IMO. How many minutes have each played in total over those games ?

[/quote]

Pass - All I can say is look at the goals column they are neck and neck. Both have had their opportunities, both have lost out to Martin who has now scored 9 for the season I believe.

Who would I pick if Martin was injured or suspended? Tough one, would be McDonald for me, or Hoolahan and we go for another midfielder.

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]I would say your valuation of Cody McDonald is way off, but thats just my opinion.[/quote]

Trust Me Cody Would easily Fetch that Maybe a bit less but even 100k would be a one hell of a boost rather than to loose Him on a Free

I just Cant see How''d You would Think he''s Not ready, Everyone see''d what A diffrence he makes in a game when he comes on, Its like a new lease of life for the team, Id say cody''s on par with Martin atm

Calm down mate, Martin has been exceptional in recent weeks and Cody McDonald is no where Martin in terms of current form and quality.

I was starting to take your arguement seriously but you''ve blown yourself right out of the water sunshine.

Just for the record I would currently value McDonald at 50k

Calm down mate, Martin has been exceptional in recent weeks and Cody McDonald is no where Martin in terms of current form and quality.

I was starting to take your arguement seriously but you''ve blown yourself right out of the water sunshine.

[/quote]

Lol i No martin''s been In exceptional From and Martin is looking Good, But if You compare there Highs and Lows Id say There on Par In ACTUAL quality, Martin will get You more Goals due to his Greater Expirience, Cody could do with a loan spell To gain Himslef some expirience But overall i feel They are on par

[/quote] Lol i No martin''s been In exceptional From and Martin is looking Good, But if You compare there Highs and Lows Id say There on Par In ACTUAL quality, Martin will get You more Goals due to his Greater Expirience, Cody could do with a loan spell To gain Himslef some expirience But overall i feel They are on par[/quote]

I agree Cody could benefit from a loan out to a League 2 side (Lincoln City maybe as Sutton in charge there) but no way is he on par with Martin.

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote] Lol i No martin''s been In exceptional From and Martin is looking Good, But if You compare there Highs and Lows Id say There on Par In ACTUAL quality, Martin will get You more Goals due to his Greater Expirience, Cody could do with a loan spell To gain Himslef some expirience But overall i feel They are on par[/quote]

I agree Cody could benefit from a loan out to a League 2 side (Lincoln City maybe as Sutton in charge there) but no way is he on par with Martin.

[/quote]

Fair Point but Just You wait and see Who becomes More successful In there Career. You have To remember Martins Scored 9 goals But 4 of which came against paulton Leaveing Him with 5 against ''real'' Opposition which Is good but Not great,

Like i said they both have there highs and they both have there lows

[quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote] Fair Point but Just You wait and see Who becomes More successful In there Career. You have To remember Martins Scored 9 goals But 4 of which came against paulton Leaveing Him with 5 against ''real'' Opposition which Is good but Not great, Like i said they both have there highs and they both have there lows[/quote]

As always the proof will be on the pitch!

I would urge all Norwich fans to have patience with McDonald, he isn''t and wasn''t going to be hero over night and needs time to adjust, in my eyes it could go either way with him right now, he could be a flop and end up back in non-league before he knows it, or could come on strong and start banging them in.

I mean who would of thought Hoolahan would''ve make the impact on the team as he has in recent weeks? He was on the scrapeheap. Same with Doherty. A season is an awful long time in football.

You never answered my question about your age....   

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote] Fair Point but Just You wait and see Who becomes More successful In there Career. You have To remember Martins Scored 9 goals But 4 of which came against paulton Leaveing Him with 5 against ''real'' Opposition which Is good but Not great, Like i said they both have there highs and they both have there lows[/quote]

I would urge all Norwich fans to have patience with McDonald, he isn''t and wasn''t going to be hero over night and needs time to adjust, in my eyes it could go either way with him right now, he could be a flop and end up back in non-league before he knows it, or could come on strong and start banging them in.

I mean who would of thought Hoolahan would''ve make the impact on the team as he has in recent weeks? He was on the scrapeheap. Same with Doherty. A season is an awful long time in football.

[/quote]Age doesnt make a blind bit of difference NL - 1st Wizz often proves that!The thing is with Cody is how much time do you give him - he is actually older than Martin. However having said that he is our third choice striker at the moment. I say that because if you had to choose a striker or two to loose in January you would have to say that Maric and Cureton would be the first on the list.Although Cody does need patience and some more time I would also say that he is probably more capable with an extended run to score goals than Cureton these days. I know you have the goals column and all of that but its how they perform over a period of games that they have started that would interest me more. You could say that Cody didn''t score at Swindon but then we did put out a rather poor attacking team. With someone like Cody you really want someone like Hoolahan who will play the sort of ball to Cody that will make the best use of his style. Cody is quick and although the keeper got the better of him with his only chance the other day his pace is likely to get him into those positions more frequently than Cureton.The other way to look at it is that coming off the bench who out of him and Cureton has a bigger impact? For me it is Cody every single time. Its hard to put a value on a player who has yet to have been a professional for a year but I have have seen worse players sold/bought for £150k. The problem is we won''t get that for him at this level.

Few points:

[/quote]

But he has done more than Cureton, apart from the goals he has four assists to his name, Cureton has none. You have to ask yourself who would be more useful to a Manager on the pitch; someone who gets shots on target and brings other players into the game or someone who doesn''t.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

Age doesnt make a blind bit of difference NL - 1st Wizz often proves that!

The thing is with Cody is how much time do you give him - he is actually older than Martin. However having said that he is our third choice striker at the moment. I say that because if you had to choose a striker or two to loose in January you would have to say that Maric and Cureton would be the first on the list.

Although Cody does need patience and some more time I would also say that he is probably more capable with an extended run to score goals than Cureton these days. I know you have the goals column and all of that but its how they perform over a period of games that they have started that would interest me more. You could say that Cody didn''t score at Swindon but then we did put out a rather poor attacking team. With someone like Cody you really want someone like Hoolahan who will play the sort of ball to Cody that will make the best use of his style. Cody is quick and although the keeper got the better of him with his only chance the other day his pace is likely to get him into those positions more frequently than Cureton.

The other way to look at it is that coming off the bench who out of him and Cureton has a bigger impact? For me it is Cody every single time. Its hard to put a value on a player who has yet to have been a professional for a year but I have have seen worse players sold/bought for £150k. The problem is we won''t get that for him at this level.
[/quote]

Agreed hence £50k price tag presently. I think age has something to do with it maybe not the minority (1st Wiz, good attack there by the way)

To answer your question re: how much time do we give him? I would say at least a full season as a professional, he''s currently getting reserve action (which undoubtably (sp?) helped Cureton)

I''ve said as much already but if Martin was unavailable tomorrow, its McDonald to start ahead of Cureton everyday of the week, but I don''t think Cureton is as far away as some people make out.

Another reasoned response from you though.