Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Surely the Ipswich fans deserve some respect?

Okay they are our local rivals but what is the real difference between us and them?

Merely most of them were born the wrong side of the border. They could have become "glory" boys but they stuck by thier local team

For me I have more respect for the fans who support thier local team be it Man United or Darlington ,then ever I do for the people who cling hold of a "big" club but have no connection

How many Man U, Liverpool even Leeds fans do you know who have never seen "their" team play at home.

You don''t have to like them but please have a little sympathy.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Okay they are our local rivals but what is the real difference between us and them?

[/quote]They had Kuqi, we have IQ.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Okay let''s take "them" out of the equation do any of you respect the "glory boys" it''s just one of my pet hates[/quote]IF they go to the games and travel to Liverpool/Manchester/London then fair enough.  If they watch them on Sky when they can be bothered then no.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Okay let''s take "them" out of the equation do any of you respect the "glory boys" it''s just one of my pet hates[/quote]IF they go to the games and travel to Liverpool/Manchester/London then fair enough.  If they watch them on Sky when they can be bothered then no.[/quote]agreedi know man u fans that have been to old trafford less than me as a norwich fan. how can i condone them?

I am all for aplauding fans who support their local team, good on em.

I hate the plastic fans who parade around every town and city centre with their big 4 shirts on when they have no connection to the area the team plays in..

However Ipswich are our biggest rivals, they dont like us and we dont like them.

Last season they delighted in our downfall, now its our turn to delight in their potential downfall, nothing wrong with that.

It''s a football rivalry thing, it makes the football world tick. Hate them, but as half my family are from Ipswich, I will never hate the people from Ipswich, my grandad, uncle and mum all support Scum, so I sort of hate them[:P]

Born and bred in Suffolk. ST holder at Carrow Rd, but nice to see my local team doing well (Lowestoft)

I put up with Ipswich fans every bloody day.  NO WAY are they ever getting any respect from me I hate them all. Then there''s the people who say they support Man U and Arsenal who then live the other side of the country, I bet those people couldn''t even name the Man U or Arsenal managers never mind the full 1st teams!!!

When we got relegated I don''t think Ipswich gave us any respect, so why should we give them any if we swapped leagues with them at the end of the season?I reckon that about 90% of the football fans I''ve met have been glory hunters, and you see people in China who have Man U shirts, and who probably don''t even know where abouts in England the club is based! Ok, I live in Essex and I''m not from Norfolk, but I have the full Norwich kit and support them because my dad (who also supports them) is from Norfolk, and so are my descendants!

[quote user="HazzaJet"]When we got relegated I don''t think Ipswich gave us any respect, so why should we give them any if we swapped leagues with them at the end of the season?

I reckon that about 90% of the football fans I''ve met have been glory hunters, and you see people in China who have Man U shirts, and who probably don''t even know where abouts in England the club is based! Ok, I live in Essex and I''m not from Norfolk, but I have the full Norwich kit and support them because my dad (who also supports them) is from Norfolk, and so are my descendants!
[/quote]

Do you mean ancestors or descendants? [:S]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

You don''t have to like them but please have a little sympathy.

[/quote]

Surely you jest !!!!!!!

Er is this a joke?I hate the scummers with a passion, in the same way that i love all things Norwich and yellow and green, there is an inherent and passionate hatred for all things scum.

Got no sympathy for them and hope they go down but Yes I respect fans who actually go to games and support their local side more than glory hunting TV fans with no affinity, no connection and don''t go to games!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Got no sympathy for them and hope they go down but Yes I respect fans who actually go to games and support their local side more than glory hunting TV fans with no affinity, no connection and don''t go to games![/quote]

Thank you grantroderdisaster - at last somebody actually read and understood my post. Thank you my friend. - Maybe I shouldn''t have used Ipswich as an example as that word seems to short circuit brains on this forum. [li]