Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Line up for Pompey?

Ok.  Absolute worse case scenario.  Charlton, Francis, Jonson, Helveg, Sven, Hendo, Holt and Safri all out.  I think we''d go for:

Green

Eddy   Flem  Doc  Drury

Bents Mullers Brennan 

Jarvis                    Hucks

Leon

Or we could go for a 4-4-2 with Hucks and Bents on the wings and Leon with Jarvis/Crow? 

I think we''ll probably see one or two of Charlton, Franny, Jonson, Helveg or Safri though.

Fingers double crossed

We have to go with a 4-5-1 as we simply wont keep a clean sheet without it. Assuming NO ONE recovers in time I would go with

Greeno

Eddie Flem Doc Drury
Mullers Brennan
Jarvis Bentley Hux
(McVeigh)
Mackenzie

We have been at our most potent with this formation (spurs, bolton)and I dont see why Brennan cant do a defensive job well in front of the back four. At some stage our defence has to keep a clean sheet.

A 3 man defence will simply get over run and our best attacking outlet, currently Bentley, gets wasted in a defensive role. I would save Jarvis and Crow for cameo appearances at the moment and loan Shackell out - I am sure one of the fizzy pop teams could use him...

Assuming we have some of the short term injuries back I would want

Green
Helveg Charlie Doc Drury
Safri Francis
Jonson Bentley Hux
Leon

If Damo isnt fit pair Safri with Helveg again and bring Eddie in, Flem has to be dropped in my opinion but again I dont expect this to happen before hell freezes over.

OTBC

With the way our luck''s going with injuries at the moment, I think that Worthy will end up on the right side of midfield within a couple of weeks, with Splat the Cat making a surprise debut as striker in the home game against Middlesbrough. 

Umm a very entertaining & interesting post Delia considering theres only a handfull of fit players. At least everyone should agree on the same starting 11 for the 1st time ever.

I dont think ut really matters where they are on the pitch,they spend to much time chasing shadows and running around like headless chickens

4-3-2-1

Green

Edworthy
Drury
Fleming
Doherty

Brennan
Mulryne
Helveg

Bentley
Huckerby

McKenzie