Sign in to follow this  
dezmondo18

Selling grant holt

Holt is extemely unlikely to be leaving us in January, the article(s) are simply response to Simpson (Shrewsbury manager) having to defend selling Holt in the summer. I can''t see any Championship club coming in for him at the price we would want, he isn''t proven above this level remember (though I do think he is a Championship talent striker) and spending a million+ on him won''t seem that appealing to many.Also Grant I would imagine is very happy here, he is Captain, top goalscorer, hero to 20000+ crowds every other week, playing for a manager who clearly rates him and knows how to use him. Also given out finances if we get promoted and would imagine will still very much first choice in the Championship.We are much more likely to sell Wes or Rusty in the transfer window to balance the books and free us some money to plug other positions (wingers, right back and a goalie). Holt is the last player I would want to see leave, he is the epitome of everything that has been good about us in the last 2 months. I am not ashamed as a nearly 30yo man, already a bit of a hero of mine.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Where would Grant Holt go though?

[/quote]

Why would Paul Lambert go though?

[/quote]

Is he going too?

[/quote]

Why not? He may take Holt with him....in January.

[/quote]

Blimey!! It never rains but it poors [st] [:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is he going too?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Poors? Yes, I suppose NCFC are....Which may be a catalyst for PL and GH to depart...[:|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is he going too?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Poors? Yes, I suppose NCFC are....Which may be a catalyst for PL and GH to depart...[:|]

[/quote]

Oops! That''s the EHS for ya!!

Do you reckon they''ll tempt Gunny back from the phones[:^)] And maybe Lee on loan[:-*]

Just before renewal time too[*-)]

No worries. Holt is the new Hucks. Loyalty is his middle name.

(until someone offers him higher wages)

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Lambert said that he doesn''t want to sell but that every player has a price and if a silly offer came along!

Just saying it as it is and anyway Holt would struggle to get a better club!

[/quote]

"Everybody''s got a price, but from our point of view you''d fight tooth and nail for him not to go anywhere."  Said Lambert, apparently.

He''ll see out the season with us, I''m sure of that.

Rumour flying around from a decent source (that predicted the Vokes signing well before it came to light) that simon Grayson is going to make a bid for Holt in January. Vokes goes back to Wolves and Showumni and Grella are looking to go on loan anyway which leaves Beckford,Becchio and Kandol. Grayson still hasn''t touched the Delph money and he is allowed to strengthen if he needs to.

Holt and Beckford up front would finish off the league. And yes Holt would choose Leeds if they are still top and in smelling distance of a championship return.!!

[quote user="spainboy"]Rumour flying around from a decent source that simon Grayson is going to make a bid for Holt in January.[/quote]

Quick tip: inside your own head doesn''t count as a decent source.

You could do with him Spainboy. [8]Whatever the weather, he scores for our team............

[8]The rain, for Spain, is mainly what''s to blame.....

[;)]

Can''t see a) Leeds bidding for Holt  b) Holt willingly going to Leeds.Leeds have quality up front already and surely if they spent at all it would be to bring in a championship striker for next year, not more league 1 talent. Why would Holt put himself in a situation where he is fighting for a place in the first team?

Well it''s suggested here that he''s on his bike Wiz. Yer man Lambert is off with him.

Still, it seems we need some doom and gloom to keep us amused ''til we lose a couple of games.

maric is on his way so i cant see us getting rid of another striker considering he has just signed for us . top scorer in this leauge it is bound to cause transfer speculation .

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well it''s suggested here that he''s on his bike Wiz. Yer man Lambert is off with him.

Still, it seems we need some doom and gloom to keep us amused ''til we lose a couple of games.

[/quote]

No it doesn''t Nutty, nothing of the sort![:@]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

"Oh deary me.....It must be true!"

WAFIYA Nutless....

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No it doesn''t Nutty, nothing of the sort![:@]

[/quote]

Read the thread[8-|][:@]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

WAFIYA Nutless....

[/quote]

YMSCIH Mellissa....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

WAFIYA Nutless....

[/quote]

YMSCIH Mellissa....

[/quote]

Where did you hear that Nutty?