Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

FAO Cam

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]2-2 draw, and now only a point above the canaries.

What did you think of your match today? I thought you''d beat them easily tbh
[/quote]

First off, it''s November for both of us and there is a hell of a long, hard season to come.  Conditions today were appalling and played at least some part in the match which was actually in doubt this end.  Heavy rain and a 60 mph gale throughout but we started very badly indeed and could have been 3-0 down in the first six minutes.  Pitch too waterlogged to play it on the floor with safety and the gale meant hoofing it wasn''t really on either.

That said Exeter adapted to these conditions better than Colchester in the first half and deserved their lead.  Second half, after a riot act from Aidy, we were in command of the second half and Exeter really didn''t look like adding to it unless wind assisted.  Not quite the full squad (Lisbie out with flu) and Fox and Hackney in and probably not likely to be in next week on that performance.  Exeter second goal a straightforward mistake by John White at full back (first of the season I think).

Absolutely lucky to escape in the first half without doubt but Exeter lucky to escape in the second half.  Thank God for The Great Lump who ran his socks off today and who is as reviled by "some" Col U fans just as "some" Norwich City fans (no names, no packdrill) revile The Doc.  Different end of the field but same difference in other ways.

Two MOM''s this end: Marc Tierney, a fine player whose two goal line clearances made the difference between one point and no points and The Great Lump upfront.

Swings and roundabouts.  You drew with Walsall.  We beat them.

Very, very long way to go.

Good answer Cam

There will be games this season where we win when most will expect us to lose - and games where we lose when we expect to win

I expect both Norwich and Colchester to be in or around the top 6 at the end of the season - Goal Difference is often a good pointer to a team''s actual performance, and Colchester are on +13.  There is probably a bigger gulf in class in this divison than any other - with 8 or 9 reasonable sides and 15 very poor ones.  The current top 6 will probably not change very much - with Millwall knocking on the door along with my outside tip of Hartlepool

I know its only november but its better to be where both clubs are than to be bottom or close to the bottom.I agree also with Barclay hero that the top 6 probably wont change. Leeds, Charlton, Mk Dons, Norwich, Colchester, Huddersfield and Millwall are the main ones to look out for IMO. You could maybe add Southampton to that as well.