Sign in to follow this  
Canary Magic

Southmapton Away in the Semi-Final of JPT

The amount of times we are drawn away in cups is getting beyond a joke.That is the worst draw we could have hoped for!Oh well maybe the play offs will get us to wembley!!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]The amount of times we are drawn away in cups is getting beyond a joke.That is the worst draw we could have hoped for!Oh well maybe the play offs will get us to wembley!![/quote]Giving up already. Nice!

I''ll be extra sad and go through and list them all. The rare home games are in bold.05/06TorquayRotherhamPort ValeTamworthBlackpoolChelsea07/08BarnetRochdaleMan CityBury08/09MK DonsCharlton09/10YeovilSunderlandBrentfordGillinghamPaultonSwindonMorecambe/CarlisleSouthampton80% of 20 cup games away in four seasons. The football gods who run the JPT seem to hate us as well... this is the 4th League One side we''ve faced. Southampton have faced a L2 side at home and got a bye first round, whereas Leeds are facing their third consecutive home game against L2 opposition! [:@]I think we can safely say our game is guaranteed for TV selection, so let''s not be putting out the kids again and getting humiliated please.

Awful draw for the City fans.........again, but we can win it, its not impossible............and if we lose, so what? less chance of picking up serious injuries in a ''nothing'' competition.

This was the draw i was hoping for it being local and all. Then realised that it is when term has finished so i will be back in Norwich Doh !!!

what a joke, when are we ever going to get a home tie, agree there, we would of earned a place in the final.

lets pull this out of the bag and reward us with a wembley trip!!!

[quote user="Beauseant"]Do our balls only go into the away section of the draw? This is getting past a joke now[8o|][/quote]

I think our balls have been put through the mangle on this one. Ouch!

It''s weird how these JPT draws are mirroring our league fixtures..Round 1: Brentford - H (played at home on 1st September)   Played Brentford in the league on Aug 18th AwayRound 2: Gillingham - A (played away on 6th October) Played Gillingham in the league on Sept 26th AwayRound 3: Swindon - A (played away on 10th November) Played Swindon in the league on Oct 24th HomeRound 4: Southampton - A (to be played away on 15th/16th December) To play Southampton in the league on 21st Oct AwayIf that run keeps going, maybe we will play Leeds in the final the day after we''re supposed to play them in the league on March 27th!

[quote user="Clean Shirt"]This was the draw i was hoping for it being local and all. Then realised that it is when term has finished so i will be back in Norwich Doh !!![/quote]And i thank you for bringing that to my attention CS, i was hoping to stay with a friend at Portsmouth Uni for this one, as she is not there for the league tie, she is back in Norfolk for her mums birthday!! Dammit, was looking forward to experiencing uni life for a couple of nights, and meet her room mate [;)]

It''s not the best draw we could have got but I don''t really fear anyone at the moment, at least from our own division. Obviously a trip to Old Trafford in the FA Cup might concern me a little.[;)]

has anyone forgotton, this is a two leg game, after i did research. that means we will get to see the semi final at home aswell.

not the end of the world ya know

never researching on wikipedia ever again, load of crap. well lets hope we get through and finally get in the area final then get the away tie first. gives us an advantage if we draw

Win this one, and we have got to be favorites to go to Wembley, worth playing our best team available for a semi final (Area) as some of the reserve player that played at Swindon might not contain Southampton as a side.

Automatic promotion & a trip to Wembley via the paint pot !! The bookies don''t think that is impossible as they have heavily slashed our odds over the past weeks!!

If going to win promotion and cups we need to win at home and away and not be bothered about away games

anyone from the area have any idea of how expensive tickets will be? Saints don''t usually get massive crowds and with it being a cup game, tickets will hopefully be quite cheap so we should get a fair few canaries down the south coast cheering on the boys.