Sign in to follow this  
Hucka Hucka Huckerby

Is Hucks a one off?

I''ve just read Darren''s bit in the local rag urging the board to invest in January. He goes on to say he''ll be going to home & away games to watch us play now he''s back. Does any other club out there have an ex player who loves their adopted club as much as our very own legend? Every time I read his quotes my respect for the man goes up another notch!

I think a lot of clubs have former players that have strong affinity for them. 

Hucks however isnt the only one for Norwich - how about

Bryan Gunn
Bill Punton
Jeremy Goss

All of whom still are/have recently been (in BG''s case) tied into the club

[quote user="Bruces Header"]I''ve just read Darren''s bit in the local rag urging the board to invest in January. He goes on to say he''ll be going to home & away games to watch us play now he''s back. Does any other club out there have an ex player who loves their adopted club as much as our very own legend? Every time I read his quotes my respect for the man goes up another notch![/quote]

More interesting is why he is saying such a thing.  Is he suggesting that the current squad aren''t up to it?  Many of you think you have a promotion squad already (and you may well be right) so why would you need to back the Manager in January?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Bruces Header"]I''ve just read Darren''s bit in the local rag urging the board to invest in January. He goes on to say he''ll be going to home & away games to watch us play now he''s back. Does any other club out there have an ex player who loves their adopted club as much as our very own legend? Every time I read his quotes my respect for the man goes up another notch![/quote]

More interesting is why he is saying such a thing.  Is he suggesting that the current squad aren''t up to it?  Many of you think you have a promotion squad already (and you may well be right) so why would you need to back the Manager in January?

[/quote]i think he''s saying we lack strength in depth, which if so i agree.

[/quote]

Jiminy Christmas, you make some lame-a$$ comments sometimes.  Why should we strengthen the club, which is not in the top 2, at Christmas?  D''errr, ummm, maybe because everyone else will be strengthening their clubs so it would be stupid for us to do nothing. You got any other brain busters, Buster?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Interesting that Dublin, speaking in today''s EDP, uses the term "we" a lot when talking about the Club.[/quote]

As I read it I thought exactly the same thing, a nice touch I think.

Hucks is definitely a one off but he''s not the only one there are a lot like him. There is however no one quite like grandma.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Bryan Gunn
Bill Punton
Jeremy Goss

[/quote]

I hope they do have a strong affinity, but there''s a big difference between being employed by the club (Goss and previously Gunn) and choosing to follow the club as a supporter. I reckon that''s pretty rare.

[quote user="The gut"]Hucks is definitely a one off but he''s not the only one there are a lot like him. There is however no one quite like grandma.[/quote]Have to agree. She always has a smile, she never hurries us along, just stays a little whil.

Mind you Nuff Said I don''t think she scored as often, her hip was even dodgier and would probably have moved to Liverpool if the money was good enough. Maybe she''s not as good as i first thought.

Although to be fair, at party time and Christmas too, we know that she''ll be there.

I''ll get my coat...

[quote user="Mazy Run"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

Bryan Gunn
Bill Punton
Jeremy Goss

[/quote]

I hope they do have a strong affinity, but there''s a big difference between being employed by the club (Goss and previously Gunn) and choosing to follow the club as a supporter. I reckon that''s pretty rare.

[/quote]

Spot on [Y]

[/quote]Maybe becaus Lambert himself has said we need a couple more players especially some with pace going forward. From what I can see Adamoah has that - maybe a possibility of swapping him with Whaley?In addition to actually stating that the team lacks pace he has also been confirmed on making bids for two players - Seabourne (who smudge the fudge likes to spin a yarn about) and MacNamee of Swindon - both offers rejected.So there is enough evidence to suggest he is in the hunt for new players. There is also the ongoing rumours that there are still players on their way out of the club. I think Lambert has seen enough of some players to know whether they are good enough. Maric has barely played a game even for the reserves, Cureton seems unlikely to be here beyond the end of this season and so may well be offloaded in January which would leave us a little bare up front. Then there is Russell and Doherty - both of whom were half way out of the club before Lambert came in.Nothing seems to be certain here Camo - but I suspect you knew that! ;oD

Your knowledge of the grandma lyrics Nuff Said is impressing me and alarming me. I am now worried about myself cos it prompted me to find them on the web. What is worse is that I found myself singing the song (in my head thankfully) but substituting Grandma for Huckerby and wishing that we''d sung it as a chant while he was here playing. In my defence I have not slept for 23hrs. But hold on, that''s no excuse cos I could be sleeping but thought I''d rather look up the lyrics. My lifes in such a mess and don''t know who to turn to Grandma or Huckerby?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Interesting that Dublin, speaking in today''s EDP, uses the term "we" a lot when talking about the Club.[/quote]

Indeed, there are a few ex NCFC players that refer to the club as we, our and us, I think it''s nice to know our club is still well thought of and about years after they retire.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Although to be fair, at party time and Christmas too, we know that she''ll be there.

I''ll get my coat...

[/quote]

Though she may be far away, we think of her.

alot of the players still love the club and live locally . dale gordon , robert fleck . once a true canary always a true canary .

even culverhouse found his way home ...(in the end) .

[quote user="The gut"]Your knowledge of the grandma lyrics Nuff Said is impressing me and alarming me. I am now worried about myself cos it prompted me to find them on the web. What is worse is that I found myself singing the song (in my head thankfully) but substituting Grandma for Huckerby and wishing that we''d sung it as a chant while he was here playing. In my defence I have not slept for 23hrs. But hold on, that''s no excuse cos I could be sleeping but thought I''d rather look up the lyrics. My lifes in such a mess and don''t know who to turn to Grandma or Huckerby?[/quote]To be completely honest I looked them up too, but that''s not to say I wasn''t already singing it in my head. Damn you!Good spot on the chant - who can we insert instead from the current team? Needs to be two syllable ideally. Drury, Askou, Holt(y)?

I think if he''s in the crowd we should use Huckerby still. Some of the words are probably more apt as he''s left, and the naff tune Nuff will be quite acceptable then.

[quote user="The gut"]Your knowledge of the grandma lyrics Nuff Said is impressing me and alarming me. I am now worried about myself cos it prompted me to find them on the web. What is worse is that I found myself singing the song (in my head thankfully) but substituting Grandma for Huckerby and wishing that we''d sung it as a chant while he was here playing. In my defence I have not slept for 23hrs. But hold on, that''s no excuse cos I could be sleeping but thought I''d rather look up the lyrics. My lifes in such a mess and don''t know who to turn to Grandma or Huckerby?[/quote]

Let''s hear it for St Winifred''s school choir (or was it church?)

I remember them on TOTP [:S]

Firstly WITS i am not at all chauvenistic but I have to say that I am mildly amused that however in touch any man is with their feminine side, only could a woman manage to post about a DEVINE BAKERY with TEAROOM on this forum. Classic

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Although to be fair, at party time and Christmas too, we know that she''ll be there.

I''ll get my coat...

[/quote]That''s Mulryne, Keith O''Neill and Pattison isn''t it?