Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

tranmere fans

can`t say i blame them under the circumstances but that was the thinnest stretch of seating for an away support that i`ve ever seen..what was all the fuss about at the end ? we were on the attack at but everyone seemed focused on ridiculing the away support ..were they kicking off about something ?  calm down  , calm down ...lol

From where I was sitting (Upper barclay) I was frankly amazed that it took 14 orange coated security professionals to remove one cap wearing chav.

The calm down chant was pure genious. I was sitting the other side of the divide and the kid they threw out was being very chavy all the way through the game, he had been quietly warned a few times to watch the game and take no notice of the banter, but he was an angry little chav who was getting angrier by the minute and started abusing the stewards. He was outside the Jarrold at the end of the game callling everybody inbreds. Sad little arse wipe.

Seemed like he lashed out at a steward because there seemed to be two of them trying to remove him and then suddenly about 7 more piled in.

I sat in the Barclay stand today and thought that the stewards went way over the top.

A young chav stood up a steward asked him to sit down and he would not this then resulted in about 10 stewards all rushing up trying to sort the issue out, way over the top. The chav was then dragged down the stairs.

The problem is the club are crapping it since the two supporters got on the pitch at the Colchester match, they got away with it because they had an internal investigation and some guy who used to police the old firm derbys up in Scotland put a report in. I saw this guy from Scotland at the match today making notes, what a joke the club are paying for this bloke to fly down from Scotland, paying all his expences etc. I imagine because he was here today the club did not want any issues so this is why the steward were told to go in like they did.

Also it makes me laugh that the stewards go to all the effort to get the away supporters to sit down, yet they allow the barclay to continue to stand, sorry on my high horse now but what do the head stewards or whatever they are actually do in the Barclay??????, there are three who stand between the barclay and Jarrold doing nothing, let hope Mr Scotland all expenses man put that in his report.

Anyway enough of my moaning good win today, was always going to be tough against a team scrapping for points

OTBC

[quote user="MrCarrow"]

I sat in the Barclay stand today and thought that the stewards went way over the top.

A young chav stood up a steward asked him to sit down and he would not this then resulted in about 10 stewards all rushing up trying to sort the issue out, way over the top. The chav was then dragged down the stairs.

The problem is the club are crapping it since the two supporters got on the pitch at the Colchester match, they got away with it because they had an internal investigation and some guy who used to police the old firm derbys up in Scotland put a report in. I saw this guy from Scotland at the match today making notes, what a joke the club are paying for this bloke to fly down from Scotland, paying all his expences etc. I imagine because he was here today the club did not want any issues so this is why the steward were told to go in like they did.

Also it makes me laugh that the stewards go to all the effort to get the away supporters to sit down, yet they allow the barclay to continue to stand, sorry on my high horse now but what do the head stewards or whatever they are actually do in the Barclay??????, there are three who stand between the barclay and Jarrold doing nothing, let hope Mr Scotland all expenses man put that in his report.

Anyway enough of my moaning good win today, was always going to be tough against a team scrapping for points

OTBC

[/quote]How do you know he was Scottish? Was he wearing a Kilt?Not sure if anyone else has noticed but the club have decided against having police in the ground in favour of having more stewards. This is obviously a cost cutting measure as I believe  for the cost of one policeman (or woman), they could have 4 or 5 stewards. Makes sense when you think about the actual lack of trouble we get in the ground.The only problem is away fans tend to show less respect to stewards than police and you get incidents like today..

The sole role for a steward is public safety. They are not a cheaper option on security as that is not/should not be there job.

I''ll admit that some of them see themselves as ''Kojak in a Dayglo Mac'' but they are the delusional ones.

It''s about time these f**king jobsworths atcually justified their existence (even if it was 12 stewards to one 14 year old!) instead of p**sing off innocent fans trying to watch a football match with their continuos mantra of "can you sit down please"......scum of the earth!

Larry I had spoken to this guy when he was putting a report together a couple of games after the two got on the pitch, he was telling a group of us about his experiences of the old firm derby matches.

Agree with yr comment about no police today there was not any so cost saving but that''s sort of what I am saying how can the club justify these head stewards in front of the barclay on £45 - £50 a match not doing anything.

i''ve always thought the stewards in the away section are heavy-handed and worse than i have experienced on my away days.

seems there is one rule for the home fans and another for the away.

why can''t they let them enjoy their day and only intervene when they really have to

how many tranmere fans were there,i was sat the other end of the jarrold so could not see them and i never heard them except when the steward incident took place i just thought someone had woke up !

the club are saving costs and having some ''police free'' games where they arent expecting trouble as tranmere fans are normally low risk. that is called sods law when it kicks off without them there but like someone else said good to see the jobsworth earning their money.

the brighton game will have no police either.

bit ridiculilous having loads of stewrads over a kid, bit sad really.

iwas watching it from block d in the lower barclay, what the hell, was funi to watch though.

im a shortie so i prefer people to sit down, but i should of realised this when i decided to move in there.

but hey a good match