Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

BBC Football League show - "Potted History" of Norwich City

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Oh get a sense of humour for goodness sake. [|-)][/quote]Agreeeed. He discussed our successes....and tried some food. Oh, the humanity.

[quote user="MrCarrow"]Yes saw it, must have been filmed a few weeks ago I can''t remember it being that sunny yesterday.[/quote]

i think it was the walsall game!

[quote user="tank"]

[quote user="MrCarrow"]Yes saw it, must have been filmed a few weeks ago I can''t remember it being that sunny yesterday.[/quote]

i think it was the walsall game!

[/quote]

It was the Walsall game, they filmed all day but as it was such a drab 0-0 they kept the footage on hold until they had more time for it and as there was no championship they slotted it in.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Oh get a sense of humour for goodness sake. [|-)][/quote]I found it patronising and twee, and it''s no wonder that up and down the country people think of Delia Smith''s nice little Norwich City FC, cake and cups ot tea.  I''m surprised at half time we don''t sample home-made jam and have a chat with the vicar, for Christ''s sake.  And he also managed to resurrect "Let''s Be Havin'' You"-gate, keeping the embarrassment alive.

God , you must be really sensitive if you thought it was patronising.

I thought the shots of the gound and of a full stand of fans singing was very good.

They inevitably had theDelia food reference, but that was shot in an attractive restaurant view, so even that cme across well.

What I found annoying about it was that it was as long  if not longer than the highlights of the game!  I''d have liked to have seen Forsters save rather than that!

at the end of the day it was publicity, i think the ''show'' has shown quite a keen interest in us.  I think you are all getting your knickers in a twist over nothing!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Oh get a sense of humour for goodness sake. [|-)][/quote]I found it patronising and twee, and it''s no wonder that up and down the country people think of Delia Smith''s nice little Norwich City FC, cake and cups ot tea.  I''m surprised at half time we don''t sample home-made jam and have a chat with the vicar, for Christ''s sake.  And he also managed to resurrect "Let''s Be Havin'' You"-gate, keeping the embarrassment alive.[/quote]I think it would have been far more embarrassing if they''d made a big deal about our fall from Premiership football to League One football. I''d sooner they made a fuss over cakes. [;)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I thought it was pretty good, a packed Carrow Road in full voice[/quote]Same here. It was also nice to have some of the club''s achievements mentioned. Still, that cake eh? WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT!

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]If their intention was to embarrass us they should have done an expose on some of the retards that post on this forum. [:P]
[/quote]

You can be first then.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]If their intention was to embarrass us they should have done an expose on some of the retards that post on this forum. [:P][/quote]

You can be first then.

[/quote]There are far better examples of twittery around here than me. Some of the rubbish I tend to post can be seen as aspirational by comparison. [:P]

Come on guys, you complain when we get no or very little coverage and you complain when we get some!! Yes it would have been nice if the highlights of the game were longer than the opening piece but really, there must be something else to complain about?!!.................Just enjoy it.

[quote user="First Wizard"]One word.....Insulting![:@][/quote]

You can''t have seen any of the other potted histories so far this season? The tone isn''t patronising or insulting it''s supposed to be light-hearted and jovial.

Some people on this board really need to lighten up a little! Get some perspective!

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]One word.....Insulting![:@][/quote]

You can''t have seen any of the other potted histories so far this season? The tone isn''t patronising or insulting it''s supposed to be light-hearted and jovial.

Some people on this board really need to lighten up a little! Get some perspective![/quote]Agreed! Grumpy old sods!

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Hooleyfan"]The only thing worse than being talked about is...NOT being talked about.[/quote]Wilde? Correct me if I''m wrong. [:$][/quote]

Wilde...I''m bloody livid!

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"]You can''t have seen any of the other potted histories so far this season? The tone isn''t patronising or insulting it''s supposed to be light-hearted and jovial. Some people on this board really need to lighten up a little! Get some perspective![/quote]

Exactly mate

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Broadstairs Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]One word.....Insulting![:@][/quote] You can''t have seen any of the other potted histories so far this season? The tone isn''t patronising or insulting it''s supposed to be light-hearted and jovial. Some people on this board really need to lighten up a little! Get some perspective![/quote]
Agreed! Grumpy old sods!
[/quote]

Double-agreed !!!!

Cant see the problem myself, they bigged up our achievements and had good shots of the ground. It''s good to have some recognition. As long as Delia is here we will always have the "food" and "lets be ''avin you" links, it''s unavoidable really, so deal with it :)