Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Bertrand & Gibbs

Kieran Gibbs and Ryan Bertrand made up England''s left in the Portugal U-21 game yesterday.

Good to see them both doing well.

Capello is reportedly keeping his eyes on Gibbs for South Africa, but I suspect that''s at least a tournament too soon for him.

I see that Bertrand is now with Reading on about his sixth loan! But I suppose he''s on Chelsea type pay levels so...

Anyway, good luck to them.

By the way, what''s up with Joe Lewis - is he too old for the U-21s now?

OTBC 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Kieran Gibbs and Ryan Bertrand made up England''s left in the Portugal U-21 game yesterday.

Good to see them both doing well.

Capello is reportedly keeping his eyes on Gibbs for South Africa, but I suspect that''s at least a tournament too soon for him.

I see that Bertrand is now with Reading on about his sixth loan! But I suppose he''s on Chelsea type pay levels so...

Anyway, good luck to them.

By the way, what''s up with Joe Lewis - is he too old for the U-21s now?

OTBC 

Yes, that was part of Pearce''s rationale for the ridiculous decision to play Scott Loach in the final against Germany. I agree with you about Gibbs, but the potential is there for all to see now, and it''s only a matter of time.

[/quote]

He would probably do a better job than minus 6 Bridge, same with Warnock. Gibbs was not the best for us, but you could see that he had potential.

Gibbs doesn''t play right midfield for Arsenal....... But of course Glenn Roeder was a tactical genius...

I''ve got to say I''m a fan of Gibbs. I thought he was technically a class above in our team and got vastly better game by game. Is he international class? No, not yet. He would not be in my world cup squad.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Most posters on here thought Gibbs was a lightweight. Always slagging him off, just shows how much we know, eh.[/quote]

You all seem to be forgetting, he only played 4 or so games for us 2 years ago in midfield when he was only 17. You cant really judge him on that but then I know a lot of Norwich fans base their opinions on how someone played for or against us..

[quote user="crafty canary"]Most posters on here thought Gibbs was a lightweight. Always slagging him off, just shows how much we know, eh.[/quote]

You all seem to be forgetting, he only played 4 or so games for us 2 years ago in midfield when he was only 17. You cant really judge him on that but then I know a lot of Norwich fans base their opinions on how someone played for or against us..

Although Gibbs has come on quite a lot in the past season, I always preferred Bertrand when he was here.Think he has been held back by Chelsea more than anything. Mind you, they do have both the England and Russia left backs to choose from at the moment.