Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Ryan Jarvis

Cast your mind back to, I think, the end of the 2002/03 season. We had heard things about a youth player who was supposedly going to be ''the next big thing'' at our club. Heard he had been scoring goals for fun at youth and reserve level, Ryan Jarvis was introduced into the first team at the age of 16.

Was this too early do you think? And all the praise he got at the time, the expectations of him must be huge. Since he was introduced at the end of that season, he played hardly no part last season - and when he did didn''t look anything great, his one goal being a tap in I could of scored - and I''ve seen nothing to match all the hype he received. In the Canary Preview magazine it says he has the makings of a multi million pound striker! I don''t think so. I''m not having a dig at the lad here, but I think he was bought in too early. I know he''s still young, but Eadie and Bellers were forcing their way into the team and scoring goals by the time they were around his age. Admittedly he''s not had much of a chance, but will he make it?

I saw this lad Craig Bellamy for a season at Coventry once and he was usless, noway a Premiership player, he was eventually sold to Newcastle, what a waste of money...................oh.

[quote]i watched an England under 20`s or something once and he wasnt that impressive.[/quote]

I see now we''ve written off most of the senior squad we can start on the juniors,just hope he doesn''t look at this site for fan based encouragement.

Why don''t we let him play a couple of games so he can get used to the first team players, before we start criticising.  The bottom line is he may not have scored on his debut in the Premiership but neither did any of the senior experienced players in the last 3 games.

Worthy should be applauded for giving Jarvis and Crow a run out, and I hope he gives them a second chance against Portsmouth.

[quote]I see now we''ve written off most of the senior squad we can start on the juniors,just hope he doesn''t look at this site for fan based encouragement.[/quote]

Great call no legs

These boards are here for supporters'' debate, not just for player appraisal. If the players are going to be upset or discouraged by anything that''s said on here then they shouldn''t be reading them in the first place!

[quote]I saw this lad Craig Bellamy for a season at Coventry once and he was usless, noway a Premiership player, he was eventually sold to Newcastle, what a waste of money...................oh.[/quote]

clacton canary are you from clacton on sea?

[quote]I see now we''ve written off most of the senior squad we can start on the juniors,just hope he doesn''t look at this site for fan based encouragement.[/quote]

i did not write him off. I said that what i saw did not impressive me. Nowhere did i say he is not up to it. I have hardly ever seen him. I apologise if it came across that way, i have every bit of faith in the players. I have never written off Helveg or Jonson who have been accused of not being up to it many times