Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

Have I missed something?

The White Knights of the Round dining table seem to be out in force at the moment.

Old threads/new threads attacking a perceived Delia attacking army, that I had not noticed were very active.

Have I missed something. Has a new buyer come forth?

Is a bright star appearing over Banham?(a wise(Wiz) man said so)

Are they just practicing or tilting at windmills?

Could this be all part of a massive Delia Christmas Good Will message to sell her new book.

Do they get a special signed copy of How I made mince pies of my opposition?

What to do with leftovers, from the summer slaughter, Munby mince, Doncaster dough, or boiled Gunns gonads.

Only the Knights can tell us[:D]

What more is there than playing good football and winning games?

We have a decent squad and a v good manager - thats what I want from my football team.  Get back in teh champs and it increases the likelihood of further investment - which is the main crack we have.   And I see no one papering over that issue.

It''s a clever post except for the fact it fails to mention that the thread in question was in fact entitled "Do we still want her out"[:S] which rather suggest that it''s the Delia Out Squad who can''t be happy to just enjoy the football.

But I guess moving to a new thread rather hides that fact...............

nutty fans are easlily pleased because so much turmoil at the club, in the last 5 years winning games has deflected the wider issues at the club.

[quote user="stikers09"]nutty fans are easlily pleased because so much turmoil at the club, in the last 5 years winning games has deflected the wider issues at the club.[/quote]

But that wasn''t the case last spring was it?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s a clever post except for the fact it fails to mention that the thread in question was in fact entitled "Do we still want her out"[:S] which rather suggest that it''s the Delia Out Squad who can''t be happy to just enjoy the football.

[/quote]

Do we still want her out? is a question NOT a statement.

A valid point trying to find if there was a general shift in peoples perception of the state at Carrow road.(My interpretation of the question)

What is YOUR problem with that question?

It''s not rocking any boats more than your continued harping about how unfair poor Nigel was treated.[;)]

If we are accepting the situation is as it is at present and all fans want to enjoy a little success , all be it a division or two lower that we had hoped, then lets all "bide our time" and see.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

A valid point trying to find if there was a general shift in peoples perception of the state at Carrow road.(My interpretation of the question)

It''s not rocking any boats more than your continued harping about how unfair poor Nigel was treated.[;)]

If we are accepting the situation is as it is at present and all fans want to enjoy a little success , all be it a division or two lower that we had hoped, then lets all "bide our time" and see.

[/quote]

And if you read that thread Butler you will see I had no problem with the question and put forward my point of view. A point of view that I still hold. From then on I defended it and in doing so am apparently "stirring it"

Read the thread[8-|]

It would seem to me starting a new thread to rubbish my point of view is probably a tad more akin to stirring[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And if you read that thread Butler you will see I had no problem with the question and put forward my point of view. A point of view that I still hold. From then on I defended it and in doing so am apparently "stirring it"

Read the thread[8-|]

It would seem to me starting a new thread to rubbish my point of view is probably a tad more akin to stirring[;)]

[/quote]

So are you saying you are one of the Knights  "Sir Nutty of the Dining Table" perhaps?

The vision of you riding into the lists, toilet brush at the ready is one I will happily leave to Mello[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Read the thread[8-|]

[/quote]

So are you saying you are one of the Knights  "Sir Nutty of the Dining Table" perhaps?

The vision of you riding into the lists, toilet brush at the ready is one I will happily leave to Mello[;)]

[/quote]

Yeah but mello won''t cry when I give him some back[:|]

You and Tilly accused me of stirring and I would ask that you reread the thread and then point out where I did this. You don''t like my point of view is fair enough but stand and debate it instead of behaving like a girl[:O]

What I actually said is on the thread for all to see[8-|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Read the thread[8-|]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah but mello won''t cry when I give him some back[:|]

You and Tilly accused me of stirring and I would ask that you reread the thread and then point out where I did this. You don''t like my point of view is fair enough but stand and debate it instead of behaving like a girl[:O]

What I actually said is on the thread for all to see[8-|]

[/quote]

Debate what?

I see no point made Worthy of debate.

Name calling is a last resort Nutty. Behaving like a girl??

What the hell does that mean?

It means these stirrer accusations from you and Tilly. Here is my post once more :-

To still want her out must imply she was wanted out in the first place. And yet I''ve never heard it suggested except by the usual suspects on here[;)]

Many of us would be happy with someone better coming in. We''d be happy with a better owner than Smith, a better manager than Lambert or a better centre forward than Holt. But until it happens we are as well to keep what we have.

Too often in recent years we have wanted someone out and taken the attitude that "anyone would be better". Too often we found out, to our great cost, the grass was only half as green on the other side of the street.

All I have done since is defend that point of view. It was not I that brought Worthy, Big Bob or even the Doc into the mix. Those that did could be accused of stirring but if I had done that it would have been name calling which is surely a last resort[;)]

To still want her out must imply she was wanted out in the first place. And yet I''ve never heard it suggested except by the usual suspects on hereWink [;)]

I think that is a very  contentious statement.

You are saying that YOU have never heard, at the ground, any anti Delia comments.

That the only dissenting voices are a few people on this message board.

The discussions at St Andrews Hall that you were a party too,should have dispelled that view.

You have also stated that you are "not a supporter of hers" .

So what is your view

I stated quite clearly what I was saying with reference to wanting Delia out. I couldn''t have been more specific. There have only been murmerings even through the disaster of relegation. I compared it with what has occurred at other times when fans wanted people out. Am I not right about this?

I''m not a supporter of hers anymore than I am a supporter of any other City fan. But I will defend her if things are made up to use against her. I do the same for others on here and I did yourself and Angel when you were accused of being binners. I believe very strongly in the community of our club. I believe very strongly we are all on the same side. Others believe in "them and us" and that''s their right too. However, when that includes making stuff up, like saying Delia only shows her face when things are going well, I will have my say even though in doing so leaves me open to abuse on here and being called all manner of things. And that is where the idea that I support her comes from.

I don''t believe the grass is always greener on the other side. I have seen enough in my time to know that quick fix''s don''t work. And I firmly believe that if this club rises from where we are now, with the owners, manager, players and fans all on the same side and under our own steam, it will mean a million times more than if it happens because some billionaire fancies playing with us for a while.

You don''t have to want Delia out to also believe that there may be better options. Likewise you don''t need to feel she is right in order to not want her out. There must always be a genuine reason and aspiration for improvement by making a change. The managerial situation is a case in point- changes made but not better options. Worthy-Grant-Roeder-Gunn was a series of catastrophic decisions by the Board driven largely by the increasing demands from fans to dispense with Worthington and get anyone else in to restore Prem football.

Now we might just have the right mixture of ingredients with a new CEO, a good manager and with confidence and stability flowing back. So although someone might not think Delia is the correct long term option, this does not mean that you can''t also believe that right now upsetting the apple cart would place in jeopardy the progress, at last, that we now seem to be making.

All this with Gunn''s team- just what will happen if PL does get a few quid in January to shape things his way?

[quote]All this with Gunn''s team- just what will happen if PL does get a few quid in January to shape things his way?[/quote]If it ain''t broke, why fix it ?  More depth wouldn''t hurt, it''s a long old season.  There''s a danger also that our better players might opt for championship teams in January.  But we are getting results with what we have.  Is that down to the players, or the manner of coaching ?I guess the question that has to be asked is "Where would you add depth ?" - The answer will probably be dictated by injuries.

[quote]I firmly believe that if this club rises from where we are now, with

the owners, manager, players and fans all on the same side and under

our own steam, it will mean a million times more than if it happens

because some billionaire fancies playing with us for a while.[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HbvOEHl4Y4 [;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

To still want her out must imply she was wanted out in the first place. And yet I''ve never heard it suggested except by the usual suspects on hereWink [;)]

You are saying that YOU have never heard, at the ground, any anti Delia comments.

The discussions at St Andrews Hall that you were a party too,should have dispelled that view.

So what is your view

[/quote]

Butler please get it right.Discussions at St Andrews Hall tut tut,Nutty describes NCISA open meetings as witch hunts.Get it right please.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"]

So what is your view

[/quote]

Butler please get it right.Discussions at St Andrews Hall tut tut,Nutty describes NCISA open meetings as witch hunts.Get it right please.

[/quote]Would you call a vote of no confidence a witch hunt ?  Seems a bit strong to me, but it''s certainly not full backing.  Do you have confidence in the board now Tilly ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"]

So what is your view

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would you call a vote of no confidence a witch hunt ?  Seems a bit strong to me, but it''s certainly not full backing.  Do you have confidence in the board now Tilly ?
[/quote]

Dangerous ground for me to give opinions on here Blah x 3 as it gets turned into NCISA official policy.Let me just say that a change of personnel in the Boardroom and a new Chief Executive have a long hard job in front of them to convince fans that the ship can be kept off the rocks so to speak.Having met David McNally he certainly talks the talk without spin and unlike a trained solicitor does not answer a question with another question unlike some i could name.The acid test for this new board make up will be at the AGM in February so until then my powder is being kept firmly dry.

The days of running this football club on tears,tantrums and emotional judgements whilst drinking vino calapso in front of the cameras appear to be over  as Mr Bowkett and Mr McNally seem to have grasped the nettle of business professionalism which is the first good sign.

Good to see you giving them a fair crack of the whip before getting onto their backs Tilly.  I think I''ve just mixed up my horse-racing metaphors there slightly, but I''m sure you understand my meaning [:)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"]

So what is your view

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would you call a vote of no confidence a witch hunt ?  Seems a bit strong to me, but it''s certainly not full backing.  Do you have confidence in the board now Tilly ?
[/quote]

Dangerous ground for me to give opinions on here Blah x 3 as it gets turned into NCISA official policy.Let me just say that a change of personnel in the Boardroom and a new Chief Executive have a long hard job in front of them to convince fans that the ship can be kept off the rocks so to speak.Having met David McNally he certainly talks the talk without spin and unlike a trained solicitor does not answer a question with another question unlike some i could name.The acid test for this new board make up will be at the AGM in February so until then my powder is being kept firmly dry.

The days of running this football club on tears,tantrums and emotional judgements whilst drinking vino calapso in front of the cameras appear to be over  as Mr Bowkett and Mr McNally seem to have grasped the nettle of business professionalism which is the first good sign.

[/quote]

Good job you appear to own a step ladder to get down on....

[;)]

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

You don''t have to want Delia out to also believe that there may be better options. Likewise you don''t need to feel she is right in order to not want her out. There must always be a genuine reason and aspiration for improvement by making a change. The managerial situation is a case in point- changes made but not better options. Worthy-Grant-Roeder-Gunn was a series of catastrophic decisions by the Board driven largely by the increasing demands from fans to dispense with Worthington and get anyone else in to restore Prem football.

Now we might just have the right mixture of ingredients with a new CEO, a good manager and with confidence and stability flowing back. So although someone might not think Delia is the correct long term option, this does not mean that you can''t also believe that right now upsetting the apple cart would place in jeopardy the progress, at last, that we now seem to be making.

All this with Gunn''s team- just what will happen if PL does get a few quid in January to shape things his way?

[/quote]Spot on. Good to see yet another quality post from you Tumble.

[quote user="stikers09"]winning games tends to paper over the cracks ,[/quote]

How can winning games be papering over the cracks - surely that is the objective of playing football matches - unless I am missing something