Sign in to follow this  
Bird Table

Hands up who's depressed.

I predicted zero points over Christmas but I''m still utterly depressed at the moment. No goals in 3 games, injuries coming out of our ears and Ipsh*t waiting to replace us in the Prem. We''ve played every team in this league now and got 15 points, even if we get that again in the second half of the season we''ll only have 30 points which I don''t think will be enough. I really hope I''m wrong but I can''t be the only one feeling this miserable now.

You watch Southampton go and beat Liverpool now just to make this day even worse. 

On a lighter note, good to see that this afternoon the Yellow Army helped another Premiership team to a record attendance. The dude on Radio 5 was very impressed with our magnificent support.

Not really, it was going to be tough today. Throughout the first half we never tested the keeper and defeat was almost inevitable once Downing started turning it on.

The next 2-3 weeks really makes or breaks the season depending on whether the board can see that investment needs to be made. It''s all very well trying to stay up on the cheap but going down and then coming back up again is very different. We''d still need to spend 3-4 million to come back up a''la West Brom. Sadly I don''t think it''s going to happen as history tells you that Norwich have spent big on bringing players in.

im depressed. Mainly because we seemed to be doing quite well. I think we can stay up. We have improved a lot lately but as we have improved we have lost players. When the full squad returns we will start gaining points.

I''m depressed, but I''ve got a never-ending foutain of optimism though. At least we played relatively well in the last two games. All we need to do is slot in an early chance or two and things can start looking very bright again. We could have easily got 4 points out of these two matches and I''m confident that we''ve got enough to turn over Portsmouth - as long as we''ve got 11 fit players that is.

Well Southampton lost so that should have cheered you a bit marmite!Yes I am depressed. I listened to Radio Norfolk and it seemed first half, great, second half, not so great. 2 goals in 2 minutes.

Are we going to get any points from the Portsmouth or Liverpool games? It seems we got loads of draws at the beginning of the season, but not now. We went to St. James Park and got a point. What has happened?

Are you mad? Look again and you will see your glass is, in fact, half full. We are in the top league in the World, it''s Christmas and we''re in with a chance of staying up. What more did you expect? Who cares if Ipswich get promoted - good luck to them. Don''t look back over the last three games, look forward to the next three (oh for a little cup run....). Cheer up!

Cheer up matey!!! It''s not as bad as you think!!

Yeah we''ve had alot of injuries, but at least they''re not long term and we are getting them out of the way now!!

We may have a low points tally but we are still in touch with 15th place!!

We have a great team who has been really unlucky, the luck has to swing our way soon!!

With maybe a signing or two in the transfer window we can push forward a little!!

Even without the signings we''re are a quality side, we NEED to keep the belief though, a couple of gutsy performances and everything can change!!!!

OTBC!!

Sorry to be philosophical about this but, as far as the Binners are concerned, what will be will be.  I''m definitely not losing any sleep over what they do or don''t achieve.  I don''t support them and have no interest in them.  I suggest for your own sanity Marmite that you perhaps try and do the same.

As far as we are concerned I cannot and will not be depressed.  Frustrated...yes, especially as we have played well enough in some games to get something more out of them and we don''t seem to be getting the rub of the green at all at the moment; however, if you think back just five seasons or so ago then I ask ''how can anyone be depressed?''  We are where others can only dream of being, and there''s still a long way to go and many twists and turns before any towels appear thrown into any rings.  Keep smiling and don''t give up!  (I''m sure you won''t but I thought you might need som encouragement!!!)

I''ve cheered up today! Seeing the highlights on MOTD actually made me feel better despite the 2 bits of school-boy defending. If we can cut out the errors, I think we can get a good result at Pompey.

Apparently Pompey played Chelsea off the park for much of yesterday''s game and were rightly praised by Mourinho afterwards.  We''ll need to be on the top of our game to get anything in such a cauldron of noise if they''re in good form!

Even though I''m still looking forward to every game and shouting and encouraging the lads till my throat hurts.... Yes I''m depressed.  I''m just not used to losing this many games.  It''s still fun though.  We''ve an excellent chance of staying up

Losing 3 on the trot is not good! Couldn''t remember the last time that had happened, so had a little look convinced it was ages ago, but wasn''t as far back as I''d thought.

In Feb and March 2003 we lost to Gillingham (a) 1-0, Ipswich (h) 2-0, Reading (h) 1-0 and Pompey (a) 3-2. It was actually 4 on the trot and ALL those were 0-0 at HT! I was REALLY depressed after that Reading game.

Don''t know if that makes you feel any better, but we''ve certainly come a long way since then! I feel more frustrated than depressed and some luck going our way is probably overdue, so may be it''s on the way!

(Try and ignore that last result!)

Like many I did not expect many points from this set of games - we never do well over christmas and all 4 fixtures fit the very tough category - perhaps its a good time for the players to be injured so they can come back fitter for some more key games when points are on the line - The Baggies at home?

Against Spurs we were the better team and really only beat ourselves. Yesterday sounds like a poor game by both sides and once again the chance of a point was lost due to the now traditional defensive lapse - I hear ladbrokes now offer odds on the first city defender to make a gaff...

If we stick to our best formation and get our est players on the pitch I am confident points will come so I cant be too depressed. Wether we will get enough points is the real issue.

OTBC