Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

Forster

I think he would prefer to be number one here than not play at Newcastle, and he will have great difficulty unseating Steve Harper, so if the price is right we should go for him. He could mean the difference between promotion or not. Well worth 250-300K IMO.  

We couldn''t afford him or his wages, best we can hope so is for the loan to be extended to the end of the season.

Want him here until the end of the season definitely, but for the future I wouldn''t want to spend a significant amount of money on a goalkeeper when we have Declan Rudd and Jed Steer coming through.

He is young and if he carries on playing like this it wouldn''t surprise me if he ended up a regular at Newcastle

[quote user="cityangel"]We couldn''t afford him or his wages, best we can hope so is for the loan to be extended to the end of the season.[/quote]

The hotel bill for the Holiday Inn must be costing a fair bit, or do players get to stay there for free?

I cant see Forster getting ahead of either Steve Harper or Tim Kull so lets extend is loan till the summer, im sure Newcastle will take a 24 hour recall incase Harper or Kull get injured.

[quote user="paul moy"]I think he would prefer to be number one here than not play at Newcastle, and he will have great difficulty unseating Steve Harper, so if the price is right we should go for him. He could mean the difference between promotion or not. Well worth 250-300K IMO.  [/quote]

Not really the point but if Newcastle go up this season they''ll need better than Steve Harper in goal in the Premier League.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="paul moy"]I think he would prefer to be number one here than not play at Newcastle, and he will have great difficulty unseating Steve Harper, so if the price is right we should go for him. He could mean the difference between promotion or not. Well worth 250-300K IMO.  [/quote]

Not really the point but if Newcastle go up this season they''ll need better than Steve Harper in goal in the Premier League.

[/quote]

they will spend money like water if they go up.. probably on crap and come back down again.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

they will spend money like water if they go up.. probably on crap and come back down again.

[/quote]

It''s a given.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Dont he live with Doherty ? or is that just a rumour ?
[/quote]

Pretty sure he is staying the the holiday inn at the ground.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Dont he live with Doherty ? or is that just a rumour ?
[/quote]

Well, unless Doc kicked him out last night, it''s just a rumour.

[quote user="Scooby"]

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Dont he live with Doherty ? or is that just a rumour ?[/quote]

Well, unless Doc kicked him out last night, it''s just a rumour.

[/quote]& we all know with Doc''s kicking Forster could be anywhere now [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]We couldn''t afford him or his wages, best we can hope so is for the loan to be extended to the end of the season.[/quote]

Norwich are already paying his wages and he''s out of contract in 2010.