Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Yesterdays MOTM?

I know Forster made a world class save yesterday and I''m not taking that away from him because that was absolutely outstanding, but how the hell did he get man of the match?  He hardly touched the ball!  In my opinion Drury should  have got it.  Solid at the back, offered lots going forward and won the penalty.  Mr reliable is back.  Also I think Simon Lappin and and Korey Smith also played excellent.

I just want to know how Man of the match is picked because they always come up with terrible choices!!!

[quote user="Boyo  I know Forster made a world class save yesterday and I''m not taking that away from him because that was absolutely outstanding, but how the hell did he get man of the match?  He hardly touched the ball!  In my opinion Drury should  have got it.  Solid at the back, offered lots going forward and won the penalty.  Mr reliable is back.  Also I think Simon Lappin and and Korey Smith also played excellent.

I just want to know how Man of the match is picked because they always come up with terrible choices!!!

quote]

Lappin???? Are you sure????

[quote user="Boyo"]

I know Forster made a world class save yesterday and I''m not taking that away from him because that was absolutely outstanding, but how the hell did he get man of the match?  He hardly touched the ball!  In my opinion Drury should  have got it.  Solid at the back, offered lots going forward and won the penalty.  Mr reliable is back.  Also I think Simon Lappin and and Korey Smith also played excellent.

[/quote]

Drury is probably a pretty good shout for his overall performance. But it''s nice for Forster, as a young player, to get the award. Had he not made that save we might not have got anything from the game.

Can''t say I agree about Korey Smith. Thought he played fairly poorly.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]

Drury is probably a pretty good shout for his overall performance. But it''s nice for Forster, as a young player, to get the award. Had he not made that save we might not have got anything from the game.

Can''t say I agree about Korey Smith. Thought he played fairly poorly.

[/quote]Got to agree about Smith. He is only young and puts in the effort but I dont actually remember him doing anything in particular yesterday. My man of the match was Doc.

I reckon it would have taken something outstanding from another player to stop Forster getting MOM after that save. Forsters save was probably the biggest moment in the game unless you wanted to give the ref MOM for giving us the pen. [;)]

OK then you lot...

I do know who it was that picked the MOTM on Saturday. (Wasn;t me, I was actually in Scotland [:(])

I will ask him why he chose Forster, and get back to you all...

Watch this space...

Lets be honest. Forster didn''t have a lot to do, but did what was needed very well. He had a lucky save, maybe, but he worked hard to get in the right position at the right time. It was a fantastic save. He has been on great form, saving us numerous times in the last few matches. He deserves a reward.

Put it this way, if Grant Holt did nothing all game, but had two chances, and scored them (one being a supposedly lucky goal where hwas in the right place at the right time), would he be man of the match? Probably.

I was a little surprised, but that save was the crucial moment of the match.

My choice would have been Drury. It''s so good to see him back to his best. Solid as a rock defensively, and I don''t think I''ve ever seen him get so far forward so often. It''s pretty difficult for a full back to get man of the match, but I thought he was outstanding.

Agree that drury would have been my choice, but look at the save, I would say that was at least as important as drury winning the peno for us, both have good shouts!

OK, well I contacted my mate who was in the party that picked the MOTM. It wasn''t him that picked the MOTM, but the reason for him being pciked was his save being labelled " a major point in the game, he keep us in the game"

Just so you know, the last time they were the company picking the MOTM, they picked Semi!! So next time they are picking it and Theo starts, I tihnk we put £100 on him being MOTM :)