Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Forster's Save

Just a special mention to that outstanding save he made in the first half! If he hadn''t of pulled it off we would of been 1-0 down and looking at a very different game. I for one was certain they was going to score. Don''t know about anyone else?

yes, I''m looking forward to seeing a replay on the football league show as I saw it from the opposite end in the upper barclay. I was certain that they were about to score though from the position they were in. fantastic save from forster.

lol ok then they didn''t deem it worthy of being shown on the football league show, yet baldy was sent for a pre game piece. Amazing really considering there are no championship games on today. Never mind I''m sure they''ll waste plenty of time on the pointless watchdog style fans comments section.

[quote user="liquid_football"]yes, I''m looking forward to seeing a replay on the football league show as I saw it from the opposite end in the upper barclay. I was certain that they were about to score though from the position they were in. fantastic save from forster.[/quote]They didn''t even show it on The Football League show, it was brilliant though.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="liquid_football"]yes, I''m looking forward to seeing a replay on the football league show as I saw it from the opposite end in the upper barclay. I was certain that they were about to score though from the position they were in. fantastic save from forster.[/quote]They didn''t even show it on The Football League show, it was brilliant though.[/quote]Shockingly bad highlights - considering there were no Championship games to show either! BBC are slipping into highlights as poor as ITV''s were last season.

yet the save got a mention in the ever bizarre and out of place fans comment section. When will they drop this pointless segment? Perhaps then they would have time to show world class saves. Who cares what phil from shrewsbury has to say?!

I saw it on Sky Sports.  It looked fantastic, but really, truth be told, was just good chance. Every once in a while, a keeper will stop one of those sure things, and lucky for us it was this time.  Doherty was way out of position, at  least from the clip I saw. It looked like he was caught too far up field. There were no defenders anywhere in the picture, so he was the closest.  He wheeled away from the first shooter I guess to try to pick up the rebound but it went straight to their guy. Forster flailed his arm and the ball hit it!  It''s been a while, but luck seems to have discovered us.

It''s cringeworthy the whole show is....don''t get me wrong, I''m glad they show the highlights on the same day on the bbc, but the way they make the whole programme is almost a mockery to the lower standards of the league were in.

Yep the show isn''t the greatest but they do show extened highlights of all the games on bbc sport website a couple of days after the game which shows a bit more of the action and is far better :)

NCFC Sinky, I hope this BBC replay site you speak of is available worldwide.  Now we''re in Division 3, I don''t get to see much of the hi-lights, and had no idea this was a potential source. If it turns out it is, a huge THANKS to you for letting me know! [:)]

Yeah, just got on BBC League One and it has all of last weeks highlights. I presume yesterdays will be on Tomorrow.

They usually give about 2-3 minutes depending on the game.

At the time I thought this was a save to rank along side Banks and the likes. Having seen it again (actually at half time in the bar area) it was a very good save, but in honesty terrible finishing he almost hit it at him when he had 3/4 of the goal to aim at..

I thought it was a world class save. I was sitting behind the dug out today and the subs and coaching staff just stared at each other open-mouthed.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]NCFC Sinky, I hope this BBC replay site you speak of is available worldwide.  Now we''re in Division 3, I don''t get to see much of the hi-lights, and had no idea this was a potential source. If it turns out it is, a huge THANKS to you for letting me know! [:)][/quote]Doesnt work in USA annoyingly, I used to try and watch them out there last year.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Houston Canary"]NCFC Sinky, I hope this BBC replay site you speak of is available worldwide.  Now we''re in Division 3, I don''t get to see much of the hi-lights, and had no idea this was a potential source. If it turns out it is, a huge THANKS to you for letting me know! [:)][/quote]
Doesnt work in USA annoyingly, I used to try and watch them out there last year.
[/quote]

They have only just started showing the highlights this year!?

Bit worried that Newcastle not going to let him stay, unless we buy him, evidenced by the decision not to allow him to become cup-tied. Also heard yesterday that Declan Rudd was badly injured in training and likely to be out for the rest of the season. Anyone else hear that, or was it another ''chinese whisper'', completely unfounded?

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Bit worried that Newcastle not going to let him stay, unless we buy him, evidenced by the decision not to allow him to become cup-tied. Also heard yesterday that Declan Rudd was badly injured in training and likely to be out for the rest of the season. Anyone else hear that, or was it another ''chinese whisper'', completely unfounded?[/quote]

Theo was on the bench....now, what does that indicate?

I think Mr Forster is out of our price range.....unless a Carl Moore type person is kind enough to throw in a few pence.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Houston Canary"]NCFC Sinky, I hope this BBC replay site you speak of is available worldwide.  Now we''re in Division 3, I don''t get to see much of the hi-lights, and had no idea this was a potential source. If it turns out it is, a huge THANKS to you for letting me know! [:)][/quote]Doesnt work in USA annoyingly, I used to try and watch them out there last year.[/quote]Rightly so, given that the BBC is funded by the licence fee we all pay.I don''t see why the rest of the world should get it for free.

[quote user="Jack Flash"] re - Theo was on the bench....now, what does that indicate? .... Good point! So, a goalkeeping crisis looms, hey?[/quote]

Does it maybe indicate that Rudd is with the England u19 squad preparing for their game on tuesday........?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I saw it on Sky Sports.  It looked fantastic, but really, truth be told, was just good chance. Every once in a while, a keeper will stop one of those sure things, and lucky for us it was this time.  Doherty was way out of position, at  least from the clip I saw. It looked like he was caught too far up field. There were no defenders anywhere in the picture, so he was the closest.  He wheeled away from the first shooter I guess to try to pick up the rebound but it went straight to their guy. Forster flailed his arm and the ball hit it!  It''s been a while, but luck seems to have discovered us.[/quote]

To be fair, if anyone''s seen the highlights on Canaries Player, Doherty bombs back and makes an awesome last ditch tackle which puts enough pressure on the attacker to make sure he doesn''t connect properly, this combined with Forsters outstretched arm was enough to save the goal. I think with everyone so amazed by the save, no-one really noticed the Doc''s efforts!

[quote user="Norwich MP"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I saw it on Sky Sports.  It looked fantastic, but really, truth be told, was just good chance. Every once in a while, a keeper will stop one of those sure things, and lucky for us it was this time.  Doherty was way out of position, at  least from the clip I saw. It looked like he was caught too far up field. There were no defenders anywhere in the picture, so he was the closest.  He wheeled away from the first shooter I guess to try to pick up the rebound but it went straight to their guy. Forster flailed his arm and the ball hit it!  It''s been a while, but luck seems to have discovered us.[/quote]

To be fair, if anyone''s seen the highlights on Canaries Player, Doherty bombs back and makes an awesome last ditch tackle which puts enough pressure on the attacker to make sure he doesn''t connect properly, this combined with Forsters outstretched arm was enough to save the goal. I think with everyone so amazed by the save, no-one really noticed the Doc''s efforts!

[/quote]Did he backheel his goal in too? Can''t really see because there''s a player in the way of the camera, but it does look like he flicks it in somehow?

The Doc was out of a position as he went charging up the pitch because none of our players further forward were moving or finding any space to he tried to have a go himself. To be fair to tranmere they hit us with a great counter attack as happened on several occasions. I agree it was a world class save! Thought Tranmere had some tidy players, particularly their number 23 (Shuker).

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]More of a left footed flick flick across and behind his right  leg than a backheel but surprisingly subtle and frankly, aware!![/quote]Yep, that''s sounds like what I thought I saw at the match! Thing is, you would be impressed if Martin/Holt had put one away like that, let alone the Ginger Pele. Perhaps his confidence is coming back and he might start knocking a few in for us?

The standing ovation from all parts of the ground following the save indicates how good it was, can''t remember last time this happened.

Greeno saved a shot against Tottenham... one handed save down to his right, not only saved it from going in, but managed to keep hold if too. Also a point blank header saved in our promotion season, grear reaction save.

He was amazing that year, what a hero!

I''ve just replayed it several times and it was an awsome save for sure..............however, the Tranmere bloke still should have scored in that position.