Sign in to follow this  
newcastle uni canary

Nelson or Doherty

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="nolegs"]Nelson every single time..........and PL thinks the same imo.

[/quote]

How come he didn''t play Nelson today then?

[/quote]

Again Angel, explain IMO on the end of my post my dear!

[/quote]

My post was aimed at ''''no legs'''' who said that PL prefers Nelson.

Well despite all the confidence on here behind Lamberts "preferred pairing" of Askou and Nelly it seems that he''s still picking the Doc. So with another clean sheet and a goal for our Ginger Pele it could be time for Nelly to pack his trunk.....................

[;)]

Nelson probably got injured in the warm-up.  He broke a toenail.  He missed his bus.  The taxi was late.  The dog ate his homework.  His cat was sick.  He got leprosy.  His car broke down.There''s no other reason why Doc could still be in the first team ahead of a match-fit Nelson, unless one is prepared to believe that Doc is playing very well at the moment as part of an assured looking back 4 who have now conceded just 4 goals in 10 games, and that Lambert prefers Doc/Askou to Nelson/Askou.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="nolegs"]Nelson every single time..........and PL thinks the same imo.

[/quote]

How come he didn''t play Nelson today then?

[/quote]

Again Angel, explain IMO on the end of my post my dear!

[/quote]

My post was aimed at ''''no legs'''' who said that PL prefers Nelson.

[/quote]Wiz said that, not "No Legs".  Not sure what you did with the quotes on your post.

Nelson is one of the most limited defenders i''ve ever seen in a City shirt. At no point will he become first choice for us.

[quote user="Allez17"]Nelson is one of the most limited defenders i''ve ever seen in a City shirt. At no point will he become first choice for us.
[/quote]

Er? he was BEFORE the MK Dons injury![:|]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Wiz said that, not "No Legs".  Not sure what you did with the quotes on your post.
[/quote]

Silly me [:)]

Back to Nelson, think he''s only started 4 games at the beginning of the season, ColU (h) Hartlepool (a) Walsall (h) and Brentford (a) and tbh he didn''t particularly impress me in the games I saw but would be interested to hear what Wizard likes about him because us fans we all see players differently.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Wiz said that, not "No Legs".  Not sure what you did with the quotes on your post.
[/quote]

Back to Nelson, think he''s only started 4 games at the beginning of the season, ColU (h) Hartlepool (a) Walsall (h) and Brentford (a) and tbh he didn''t particularly impress me in the games I saw but would be interested to hear what Wizard likes about him because us fans we all see players differently.

[/quote]

Its why I liked Curo, Hucks, Flecky and Iwan Angel, there''s just something about him I like, balls and never hides is the best I can come up with.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Its why I liked Curo, Hucks, Flecky and Iwan Angel, there''s just something about him I like, balls and never hides is the best I can come up with.

[/quote]

Well we can agree on 4 of the 5 you like so thats not bad is it?? [:)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Those surely are the qualities that even Docs sternest critics agree that he has in abundance.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Those surely are the qualities that even Docs sternest critics agree that he has in abundance.

[/quote]

Yes Nutty, but the Doc''s the Doc, isn''t he? [;)]

The phrase "familiarity breeds contempt" seems remarkably appropriate here........

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Wiz said that, not "No Legs".  Not sure what you did with the quotes on your post.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Have you heard of a guy called Seymour Stein, Wiz?  He was famous for having a "golden ear" and record companies paid him handsomely to listen to up and coming acts.  If he heard their music had some magic about it ("just something about it he liked", to use your phrase) then the bands would be signed up and more often than not, prove hugely successful.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_SteinNow perhaps you should write to Paul Lambert referencing Mr. Stein and your own unique perceptive powers, and, who knows, you could travel the lower leagues looking for those players with that something about them.  I know we''ve already signed Doherty and a few other losers, but better late than never.  If we could unearth more gems  like Michael Nelson, perhaps the Championship is within our grasp at the first time of asking.The only barrier might be that Seymour Stein discovered and signed "The Smiths" - and that might make you uncomfortable.

Yellow Nets Are Better are you serious in claiming Doc has an inability to lead. Watch him throughout the course of any game and you will see that he is the talker and the organiser at the back. He talks the others through the game when they have the ball, makes them aware of how much time and space they have and tells them where and who to play the ball to. He''s our best CB by a mile.

[quote user="Shaker"]Yellow Nets Are Better are you serious in claiming Doc has an inability to lead. Watch him throughout the course of any game and you will see that he is the talker and the organiser at the back. He talks the others through the game when they have the ball, makes them aware of how much time and space they have and tells them where and who to play the ball to. He''s our best CB by a mile.[/quote]

Thats my observation too plus when he was told he was surplus to requirements he didn''t let his head drop or give up.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

The Doc has been excellent since he came back, which says a frightening amount about the difference between League One and the Championship. He''s just as good as Nelson in the air, despite what Wiz might have worked out from a few grainy pixels on CanariesWorld, and his distribution is far better. He''s actually a lot quicker than people think, though he turns slower than milk. Part of his problem is that he looks like an old man: he''s actually a pretty decent footballer.

I am sure Nelson will get better, but I''ve seen nothing of him this season to suggest that he''s anywhere near good enough to play for Norwich. He is by some distance the least sophisticated centre half I''ve ever seen play for the club. If he gets it at his feet all he can do is hoof it into the Jarrold Stand. He looks like a League One/Two clogger to me. Possibly he will get better with more fitness and settling in the area etc, but I''m not really sure how that will effect his ability to pass to another yellow shirt.

Still, they say he had a good game on Tuesday.

Doc and Askou is working well. Let''s keep em together.

[/quote]

Can you not read Robert? I''ve seen Doc play live in many, many games at Carrow Road.................GOT IT?

[/quote]

I am reasonable at reading, yes. How many times have you seen Nelson live at Carrow Road? Enough to make a comparison?

Doherty for me. I was at the game on Saturday, but I missed a couple of superb pieces of defending by the Doc, which I''ve just seen on the BBC Norfolk highlights, that are typical of the way he''s playing at the moment. Firstly, I didn''t realise that he got back and slid in on the Tranmere forward just enough to get a nick which took the pace off the ball for Forster''s save (if that makes sense!). Most impressive was that he made up so much ground to do so. Secondly, his superb challenge at a corner that did enough to stop their number 5 scoring.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

The Doc has been excellent since he came back, which says a frightening amount about the difference between League One and the Championship. He''s just as good as Nelson in the air, despite what Wiz might have worked out from a few grainy pixels on CanariesWorld, and his distribution is far better. He''s actually a lot quicker than people think, though he turns slower than milk. Part of his problem is that he looks like an old man: he''s actually a pretty decent footballer.

I am sure Nelson will get better, but I''ve seen nothing of him this season to suggest that he''s anywhere near good enough to play for Norwich. He is by some distance the least sophisticated centre half I''ve ever seen play for the club. If he gets it at his feet all he can do is hoof it into the Jarrold Stand. He looks like a League One/Two clogger to me. Possibly he will get better with more fitness and settling in the area etc, but I''m not really sure how that will effect his ability to pass to another yellow shirt.

[/quote]

Care to answer, Wiz?

Can you not read Robert? I''ve seen Doc play live in many, many games at Carrow Road.................GOT IT?

[/quote]

I am reasonable at reading, yes. How many times have you seen Nelson live at Carrow Road? Enough to make a comparison?

[/quote]

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Sorry, that should have read:

Care to answer, Wiz - how many times have you seen Nelson play live? Enough to make a comparison?