Sign in to follow this  
newcastle uni canary

Nelson or Doherty

Neither - Dumic! [;)]

Doc At The Moment. He Has Been Putting In Better Performances And Has Shown He Has The Fight In Him To Be A Part Of This Club!

Nelson too heavy too slow and not good enough to wear a Norwich shirt he has no options in his play row Z thats all

Doc.  He''s calmer and classier than Nelson, and I''m aware that Doc''s not Beckenbauer when I say that.Also, has anyone mentioned Drury is playing amazingly well at the moment?

Why not both?

Would you prefer.........

Askou   Nelson Doc  Drury

or

Semi    Askou   Doc  Drury

I would personally prefer

Spillane Askou   Doc  Drury

But thats not happening for a while..........

I think its actually pretty nice we have 3 decent CBs, when Spillane returns we have the option of 4

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Also, has anyone mentioned Drury is playing amazingly well at the moment?[/quote]Drury is playing amazingly well at the moment.You''re right. He does appear to be something of an unsung hero, compared to others. But he is the model of consistency, just like he used to be back in the Worthy years, and quietly goes about his job.

While Doherty is playing this well he has to start, I dont really rate him though and i think that Doherty''s wages are probably the reason Lambert is looking at other options rather than an slight on his ability at this level, those wages might also be a stumbling block on why a transfer out hasnt materialised. But if he''s at the club and he''s playing well then he should stay in the side imo, like any other player.

Agree GH, he was always a player that had a lot of presure with out someone who can defend in front of him (cough, Hucks) but he never moaned and got on with his job, this season, showed how much we missed him whilst he was out or struggling with injuries.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Nelson every single time..........and PL thinks the same imo.[/quote]

Well that makes you the only two in Norfolk and I''m very doubtful if Lambert agrees also.

Obviously you''ve never seen Nelson Play Wiz. He''s a League 1 trundler at best.

Your hatred of Doc blinds you to the obvious.

[/quote]

Really?

Until Nelson got injured at MK Dons, Doc, having lost the captancy, was told by PL, he had no future at City, that Ricardo, is not my hatred, that is fact as the EDP and the Doc himself said!

[quote user="First Wizard"][

Really?

Until Nelson got injured at MK Dons, Doc, having lost the captancy, was told by PL, he had no future at City, that Ricardo, is not my hatred, that is fact as the EDP and the Doc himself said!

[/quote]

And that was........

Celebration Time!!! [:D][<:o)][Y][:D][<:o)][B][:D][<:o)][B] (For you and a few others)

[8] Celebrate good times, come on!
It''s a celebration[<:o)]
Celebrate good times, come on!
Let''s celebrate[<:o)]

Then the goodbyes were said[:-*]

On the good riddance thread[:@]

What went wrong[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][

Really?

[/quote]

And that was........

Celebration Time!!! [:D][<:o)][Y][:D][<:o)][B][:D][<:o)][B] (For you and a few others)

[/quote]

As I said, the only reason Doc came back...............was Nelson''s injury at MK Franchise.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][

Really?

[/quote]

And that was........

[/quote]

As I said, the only reason Doc came back...............was Nelson''s injury at MK Franchise.

[/quote]

Serious question then Wiz.

What makes Nelson a better player than Doc?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][

Really?

[/quote]

And that was........

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s better in the air (vital in this league) less groping and doesn''t mess about clearing balls.......oh, and add a damn fine penalty taker now![;)]

the doc .. seems to be proving his worth just of late .not the best defender in the world but going by our recent record a good defender for this leauge . nelson to be honest has not impressed me a great deal .

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][

Really?

[/quote]

And that was........

[8] Celebrate good times, come on!It''s a celebration[<:o)]Celebrate good times, come on!Let''s celebrate[<:o)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s better in the air (vital in this league) less groping and doesn''t mess about clearing balls.......oh, and add a damn fine penalty taker now![;)]

[/quote]Really??

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

See there are people who read these forums who don''t ever see these players play. So when you say Nelly is better in the air than Doc those poor people will believe you.

They''ll say [:-*]"That Wizard knows his stuff, twelve and a half thousand posts ''n''all, so Nelly must be better in the air than Doc"

Now Wiz, it wouldn''t be fair on all those people if you just made that up would it[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

See there are people who read these forums who don''t ever see these players play. So when you say Nelly is better in the air than Doc those poor people will believe you.

They''ll say [:-*]"That Wizard knows his stuff, twelve and a half thousand posts ''n''all, so Nelly must be better in the air than Doc"

Now Wiz, it wouldn''t be fair on all those people if you just made that up would it[:^)]

[/quote]

Nor is its fair Nutty, on me! for you to suggest that I haven''t seen either play in the flesh so to speak..........The Doc I''ve seen so many times live its the stuff of nightmares for me now, and Nelson, I confess, just televised games, here I had the benefit of replays which you don''t get live......................but seen them both I have![:|]

I don''t think I did suggest you hadn''t seen them play. I said many people who read these boards don''t get to see them play. Try reading my posts[8-|] or ignoring them[|-)] The choice is yours[:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t think I did suggest you hadn''t seen them play. I said many people who read these boards don''t get to see them play. Try reading my posts[8-|] or ignoring them[|-)] The choice is yours[:|]

[/quote]

Hmm?

Now Wiz, it wouldn''t be fair on all those people if you just made that up would it?

That seemed pretty suggestive to me Nutty!

I agree with Hucks who puts Doc at the top of his list of our best 2 or 3 players so far this season. But then, that old Wizard bloke knows much more than Hucks, so it must be Nelson.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Hmm?

Now Wiz, it wouldn''t be fair on all those people if you just made that up would it?

That seemed pretty suggestive to me Nutty!

[/quote]

So are you telling me you actually do believe Nelly''s better in the air than Doc? I thought you made it up because you had seen them play. If you have seen them play and didn''t make that up then..............

Fair play to ya[:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Celebration Time!!! [:D][<:o)][Y][:D][<:o)][B][:D][<:o)][B] (For you and a few others)

[/quote]

I must admit I was delighted when I thought the Doc was off to pastures new, but he has been a revelation since coming back. 

On that basis I am willing to take a slice of humble pie and accept my celebration was premature.  At this level (empahasis on the word THIS) both of them are more than capable defenders; were we to go back up at any time soon I think there would be more to debate though.

Doc for deffo. It seems to be the consensus of opinion on this thread. Maybe some of the anti Doc squad have decided to remain silent until he can be blamed for something or anything. Maybe they have changed their opinion. Maybe Paul Lambert has also changed his mind. If it materialises that our mighty manager has indeed done so perhaps it will prompt at least one extra vote for the only ginger Pele from his dedicated follower of guessed notion.

Wiz, tell me how Nelson is better in the air than Doc? What does he do differently because Doc wins his fair share!

Also, Doc can pass better, man mark better & has more pace... How the hell is Nelson better????

If Doc starts ahead of Nelson Saturday will you admit only you rate Nelson above Ginger Pele?

I''ve not rated Doherty in the past because of his inconsistency -- giving away potential match winners time and time again (e.g., free-kicks) -- but when the choice is Nelson vs Doc, then I back the Doc.

Most worrying thing is that yes these are our better CBs?! If we go up, my opinion is that we should keep Doc, e.g., on the bench as backup, lose Nelson, but get someone in with some pace, if possible at all. If only Doc didn''t wrestle players so much, and if he could gain a bit of pace, he''d be sooo much better.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

I agree with Hucks who puts Doc at the top of his list of our best 2 or 3 players so far this season. But then, that old Wizard bloke knows much more than Hucks, so it must be Nelson.

[/quote]

As long as that understood then.[;)]

Hey Nutty, there''s history there indeed! I remember posting that when doc was, shall we say, outside Colney waiting for the bus, he should be taken in and used on account of our CB injury crisis, which was met with similar derision. He duly was used down at Gillingham and got the champagne if i remember rightly. But to be fair, most of the anti-doc brigade have remained that way and ditto the pro doc lot.

As ever, i''ve got splinters sitting here, but have been leaning to the pro side for some time. Just not enough to commit! Now that he has found some consistency, as the man with the shirt i think he should keep it. I haven''t seen enough of Nelson to decide about him. From what i''ve heard he is solid but susceptible to the odd shocker, perhaps more so than he should be.

[quote user="Bruces Header"]

Wiz, tell me how Nelson is better in the air than Doc? What does he do differently because Doc wins his fair share!

Also, Doc can pass better, man mark better & has more pace... How the hell is Nelson better????

If Doc starts ahead of Nelson Saturday will you admit only you rate Nelson above Ginger Pele?

[/quote]

No Bruce, because thats clearly not the case is it? there''s 24.000 fans who aren''t even registered on this message board..........plus Nelson might not be fully recovered from his injury yet.