Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

city reserves winning

I forgot to mention - how much does Matthew Ball look like Wes Hoolahan? Same hair, same stature, same shirt number, similar dribbling style... the only way I could be sure Wes hadn''t sneaked onto the bench was the fact he was all right foot!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Did not go bu the description I was given was that it was a good team performance,  cody not great but finished well, but comfortably outshone cureton who was abysmal.

Dumic impressed, while theo made a complete hash of their goal.

Comfortable MOTM was Hughes who isclearly after russells role with an high energy display combined with good passing and ran the midfield.

Its all looking good.

[/quote]

Can''t agree about Curo Zip. I really enjoyed watching him last night although I fear his days as a potent striker are gone. However last night his first touch, awareness of what was around him and his general link play was excellent. But I agree there was no cutting edge and no pace.

Hughes was excellent, he always is when I see him. Russells role suits him to a tee and you only have to look at what happens when neither are available to see how important they are to our first team. I thought McVeigh was poor. He was too slow and gave away countless free kicks because of it. I have to say the referee was very patient with him but you certainly couldn''t fault his effort. Tom Adeyemi was full of energy but I have come to the conclusion the diamond midfield is not the best system for him to play in. I reckon his talents would be much better used box to box in a 442. But he''s still very young and I  believe is a massive prospect.

This same fixture last season was a friendly against Arsenal. It was a very enjoyable game but played virtually as touch football with no real competetive edge. Last night shows the difference now we have a reserve side. The game was more competive and not just a "showcase".

I have always enjoyed watching reserve team football. Over the years the teams have been made up of players who are coming to the end of their careers, players who are on the way back from injury and youngsters coming through. Last night was just like that so maybe that''s why I could enjoy Curo''s performance for what it was rather than with an eye to playing him at Southampton on Saturday.

For me the impressive displays came from Dario Dumic and a subs performance from Matthew Ball. We all know what Cody etc are made of, but these guys showed what they can do

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Did not go bu the description I was given was that it was a good team performance,  cody not great but finished well, but comfortably outshone cureton who was abysmal.

Dumic impressed, while theo made a complete hash of their goal.

Comfortable MOTM was Hughes who isclearly after russells role with an high energy display combined with good passing and ran the midfield.

Its all looking good.

[/quote]

Can''t agree about Curo Zip. I really enjoyed watching him last night although I fear his days as a potent striker are gone. However last night his first touch, awareness of what was around him and his general link play was excellent. But I agree there was no cutting edge and no pace.

Hughes was excellent, he always is when I see him. Russells role suits him to a tee and you only have to look at what happens when neither are available to see how important they are to our first team. I thought McVeigh was poor. He was too slow and gave away countless free kicks because of it. I have to say the referee was very patient with him but you certainly couldn''t fault his effort. Tom Adeyemi was full of energy but I have come to the conclusion the diamond midfield is not the best system for him to play in. I reckon his talents would be much better used box to box in a 442. But he''s still very young and I  believe is a massive prospect.

This same fixture last season was a friendly against Arsenal. It was a very enjoyable game but played virtually as touch football with no real competetive edge. Last night shows the difference now we have a reserve side. The game was more competive and not just a "showcase".

I have always enjoyed watching reserve team football. Over the years the teams have been made up of players who are coming to the end of their careers, players who are on the way back from injury and youngsters coming through. Last night was just like that so maybe that''s why I could enjoy Curo''s performance for what it was rather than with an eye to playing him at Southampton on Saturday.

[/quote]I have to agree with Nutty on this one.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Dumic impressed,

[/quote]

Didn''t impress me, if I''m honest.

Thought his use of the ball and general play was pretty poor. Not afraid to tackle but that''s about as far as the positives go.

Although I wouldn''t have thought right-back is his best or natural position.