Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

city reserves winning

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Suprised Tudur Jones isn''t playing - any word of an injury?[/quote]

I read last week that he had a thigh strain after the JPT at Swindon.

Go Cody! Show ''Em What You''re Made Of! [:P]

Dumic Is Playing! [:O] I Thought They Would Have Saved Him For The Youth Game On Wednesday....... [;)]

What more does Cody have to do to get a start with Holt ??  As Martin failed to score at the weekend, surely his time must come soon.

[quote user="paul moy"]What more does Cody have to do to get a start with Holt ??  As Martin failed to score at the weekend, surely his time must come soon.[/quote]

Impress in the opportunity''s that he does get, i.e. the JPT which he''s had the latest against Swindon and failed.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="paul moy"]What more does Cody have to do to get a start with Holt ??  As Martin failed to score at the weekend, surely his time must come soon.[/quote]

Impress in the opportunity''s that he does get, i.e. the JPT which he''s had the latest against Swindon and failed.

[/quote]

You beat me to it W Man, well put.[Y]

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

That''s just not fair as it was difficult for him to impress when playing with a small partner in Cureton who never won a ball in the air, and also with generally a weak team, which excluded the creativity of Hoolahan, and with constant high balls lumped up by the likes of  Tudur-Jones. I saw him play alongside Holt at Yeovil and he was unlucky not to score, hitting the bar from close range.

The starting eleven isn''t about who''s scoring the most goals in reserve matches, you berk from Berkshire.The starting eleven are selected by a manager who is garnering handsome points with his selection.When such a time arises that the Martin/Holt combo fails to work, I''m adamant that Lambert will ring the changes by fielding Cody.The same as every other position on the pitch.

nothing against cody, but what i dont get is why would you change a team that''s won 9 out of 10 games? use him as an impact sub but not start him at the moment.

Just got back from the game (although I left after 80mins).

Don''t think we saw anything we didn''t already know.

Theoklitos is just rubbish.

Nelson, Wiggins, Adeyemi, McVeigh and Cody all look good to have on the bench. And Stephen Hughes is the most likely to get back in the first team.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Suprised Tudur Jones isn''t playing - any word of an injury?[/quote]

[/quote]christsurely a fitness test was done on this lad prior to signing?

[quote user="GJP"]

Nelson, Wiggins, Adeyemi, McVeigh and Cody all look good to have on the bench. And Stephen Hughes is the most likely to get back in the first team.

[/quote]any errors tonight by Theoklitosser?

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]christsurely a fitness test was done on this lad prior to signing?[/quote]

It was Uncle Fester again, clutching at straws & shortsighted in the transfer market squandering much need resources - obviously a player with some talent, and indeed on paper the best defensive midfielder on our books, but injury prone to the point of extinction.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

any errors tonight by Theoklitosser?
[/quote]

Yup. Their goal.

They put the ball into the box, Theo came for it, Theo never got there (by a long way), their lad did get there.

In general, with the little he had to do, he looked nervous.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="paul moy"]What more does Cody have to do to get a start with Holt ??  As Martin failed to score at the weekend, surely his time must come soon.[/quote]

The starting eleven isn''t about who''s scoring the most goals in reserve matches, you berk from Berkshire.

The starting eleven are selected by a manager who is garnering handsome points with his selection.

When such a time arises that the Martin/Holt combo fails to work, I''m adamant that Lambert will ring the changes by fielding Cody.

The same as every other position on the pitch.
[/quote]

Are you 14 ?

I''ve just arrived home and have to say that there was one star of the show who may just have found his level but I''ll leave Nutty Nigel to tell you about that star player.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]I''ve just arrived home and have to say that there was one star of the show who may just have found his level but I''ll leave Nutty Nigel to tell you about that star player.
[/quote]

I thought Jamie Lad was outstanding tonight. He showed great touch and awareness and his pass to McDonald that resulted in the pen was sublime.

Did he find his level? Maybe that''s unkind but I know posters love to say that about other players. I just think that maybe he had a little more time at this level than first team which maybe amounts to the same thing. I did enjoy watching him tonight though, honest Wiz![Y]

I too see Cody as an impact sub, fresh legs that will harrass the tiring defence into errors. Not usre that he is the superstar we all want him to be, but I certainly feel he has a role within the squad.

Did not go bu the description I was given was that it was a good team performance,  cody not great but finished well, but comfortably outshone cureton who was abysmal.

Dumic impressed, while theo made a complete hash of their goal.

Comfortable MOTM was Hughes who isclearly after russells role with an high energy display combined with good passing and ran the midfield.

Its all looking good.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Did not go bu the description I was

given was that it was a good team performance,  cody not great but

finished well, but comfortably outshone cureton who was abysmal.

Dumic impressed, while theo made a complete hash of their goal.

Comfortable MOTM was Hughes who isclearly after russells role with

an high energy display combined with good passing and ran the midfield.

Its all looking good.

[/quote]Sounds about right. Theoklitos claimed a few set pieces reasonably well but the goal was totally his fault; it was obvious very early on he wasn''t going to get near it but he just kept coming and made it even easier for the striker. McDonald scored with a lovely header in the first minute but he wasted

a couple of very good chances in the second half to put the game to bed.I was watching the warm-ups before the game and noticed both Cureton and McVeigh were vollying it in from left, right and centre into the top corners (of the goal that is!). Was this a sign of what was to come? No. Cureton - aside from a couple of quality touches in the second half - was very poor imo, he really couldn''t finish his dinner. He even talked his way into taking a free-kick and tamely chipped it straight to the keeper. McVeigh was pretty useless also, he spent most of the game trying to get the ball back from the opposition - I don''t think he won one of those tackles all night and was constantly fouling people (even got booked, in a reserve friendly).Players I was impressed with were Wiggins, Nelson and Hughes. Wiggins put a great ball in for the first goal and got forward well all game. I also remember at least one great defensive block he made when they were in a good position. Nelson looks so awkward positionally but somehow almost always manages to win the ball. There was one very good last ditch tackle last night (although he only had to make it because he turned like an oil tanker!). Hughes did stand out, as he should do in a reserve game. He also should''ve scored in stoppage time after a fast break away.

Was Nelson playing right or left side of defence? I was thinking he looks better playing on the right. Never looks comfortable on the left and gets turned easily.

Not totally sure to be honest but I think on the right.