Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

A TRUE HERO

[quote user="HOCKEYMYHERO"]How nice it was to see Martin Peters at the match Saturday a real true hero and legend he still looks fit enough to play .[/quote]

I really don''t think he is.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

[quote user="HOCKEYMYHERO"]How nice it was to see Martin Peters at the match Saturday a real true hero and legend he still looks fit enough to play .[/quote]

[/quote]

he''d cover more ground than Jon Otsemobor

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Gingerpele"]

[/quote]

he''d cover more ground than Jon Otsemobor

[/quote]

He''d have had to have been 50 years ahead of his time to do that[;)]

Loadsa legends were there! Did anyone else see a certain Kevin Drinkell in the house[:^)]

Still astonishes me that he netted 50 goals from just over 200 appearances for us - from midfield.. 

All kinds of goals too Zip. I remember headers. free kicks, shots from outside the box and inside. The best player ever for me. But then, to put it into context, he did score in a World Cup Final. What has always astonished me is that we managed to sign him, in the Second Division, when he had 200 games left in the locker!

The best player i ever saw in yellow and green had just signed when i started going to games in 1975 part of John Bonds masterclass of the late 1970`s happy days.However my biggest memory of him was playing for Gorleston at their old ground v Lowestoft under the lights Gorleston played in white and the pitch was a bog everbody else was muck struck but he looked as though he had just walked on the pitch and he had run the show for 90 minutes what a player !!!!