Sign in to follow this  
B-Block Yella

Off to Carlisle we go.....Again

Went to the league game a few weeks ago and i''ve decided to tell you about it (for anyone that cares)

Its a 5 hour drive from North Norfolk - quite straightforward, decided to stay the night at the Swallow Hilltop Hotel (over a mile from the city centre) and the ground is probably another half mile on from there. I was glad to be out of the way though as there was a fair old queue building on the way in, the grumpy old hotel manager man explained that he''d never seen it so busy (clearly taken by surprise by the travelling support). While i''m droning on about the hotel, i would recommend it for cheapness (£50 for a twin room) and the breakfast. The manager is a moron though and didnt think much of me trying to get in there before 2pm - he was hard work and even said that football wasnt a proper sport whilst motor sport was a real man''s sport. Berk. 

Moving on swiftly, Brunton Park is a bit out of town but walkable - no signposts though & no crowd to follow really. You know all about the game so I wont mention it. Having read that there was a beer festival in town on this site, went to have a look at what was quite a poor effort. Again, they seemed to be surprised at the attendance, and were done by 8:30 - luckily I got a refund from the camra stereotype man for the vouchers i hadnt used. So sloped off for a few shandys at the wetherspoons close by, football shirts weren''t allowed so we went away and came back with our coats done up. Worked a treat.

Surprisingly, Carlisle was blessed with many drunk ladies. 

Headlines on the pinkun are re the Carlisle game but the article is about the JPT game against Saints, think they got their wires crossed.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Damn it... Felt like an afternoon out in Morecambe :-)[/quote]

Its no Differant to Gt Yarmouth, loads od red paint though

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

So the Tan Hill Inn has sheep as pets..? Does Delia own the pub? She''s got thousands of sheep...apparently...

[/quote]they had 3 of them in the pub and a couple of them around the place elsewhere, great place to go and not too far off route.

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

So the Tan Hill Inn has sheep as pets..? Does Delia own the pub? She''s got thousands of sheep...apparently...

[/quote]
they had 3 of them in the pub and a couple of them around the place elsewhere, great place to go and not too far off route.
[/quote]

I''ve been there and it is a great place to go. The visitors book is a good read too[;)] That was the pub in the middle of nowhere that made the classic TV add with Ted Moult. It''s not so well known that the pub was ordered to take out those windows because they didn''t have planning permission[:S] I guess the neighbours objected[*-)]

http://renegadeconservatoryguy.co.uk/ted-moults-everest-tv-ad-the-best-ever/

Fit he best, Everest[st]

Oh and Duncan, they''re Delia Cabbages these days, please keep up[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

[/quote]they had 3 of them in the pub and a couple of them around the place elsewhere, great place to go and not too far off route. [/quote]

I''ve been there and it is a great place to go. The visitors book is a good read too[;)] That was the pub in the middle of nowhere that made the classic TV add with Ted Moult. It''s not so well known that the pub was ordered to take out those windows because they didn''t have planning permission[:S] I guess the neighbours objected[*-)]

http://renegadeconservatoryguy.co.uk/ted-moults-everest-tv-ad-the-best-ever/

Fit he best, Everest[st]

Oh and Duncan, they''re Delia Cabbages these days, please keep up[;)]

[/quote]yeah i heard about the windows and solar panels when we were up there. It is in the middle of nowhere and you can get lost, but the view is great, the pub is comfy and beer is flowing well.its a handy stop on the way up due to the late kick off. Im sure they would appreciate a club canary coach turning up [;)]