Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

FFS! send the bloody egg chaser back!

from the front page of this very site, the report on tonights reserve game

Substitute Jack Werndly pounced on an error from keeper Michael Theoklitos to grab a late consolation for the Hammers.

this is getting embaressing for the club now...

Not really an embarrasment I doubt much of the football world looks at our reserve team. However if we can turf him back home without it costing us too much then do it.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]Much like Fraser Forster''s kicking then?[/quote]

he''s made 1 gaffe this season. Theo has made lots.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Parent clubs and injuries could see him figure at Carlisle/Morecambe though...[/quote]Oh well we didn''t want a fixture pile up, anyway.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]Much like Fraser Forster''s kicking then?[/quote]

[/quote]

Hos kicking at Swindon was truly atrocious. Forster is a very able keeper but he just needs to sort his kicking out.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Hos kicking at Swindon was truly atrocious. Forster is a very able keeper but he just needs to sort his kicking out.

[/quote]

His kicking on Saturday was superb, in very difficult conditions.

Ever heard of type casting ??Any error Theo makes will now be a "blunder" or "mistake #3000"people need to get off the blokes back, that opener was terrible but i truely doubt Gunn, who lets face it prolly knows what a decent keeper looks like would sign him if he was truely so terrible he couldnt make it into the Cock and Bulls Sunday League XI which is how every one seems to rate him !

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Parent clubs and injuries could see him figure at Carlisle/Morecambe though...[/quote]Jed Steer?

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Parent clubs and injuries could see him figure at Carlisle/Morecambe though...[/quote]Jed Steer?[/quote]

injured

[quote user="Mazy Run"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote] His kicking on Saturday was superb, in very difficult conditions.[/quote]

And the point here is that Theo has probably played well in some games, but like a previous poster as soon as it is reported that a mistake has been made, it''s the end of the world, he''s an embarassment etc.

Apologies, was he on the bench last night then?

Suonds like McVeigh was throwing hissy fits all night as well, is this true? If so, why?

[quote user="Mazy Run"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote] His kicking on Saturday was superb, in very difficult conditions.[/quote]

I can''t remember him kicking upfield once on Saturday, he constantly knocked the ball out short to Askou (which was the right thing to do in the conditions) the one time he did kick it out though it ended up in the Jarrold Stand.

It''s almost getting as embarrassing as the fact this guy seems to have had the opening day game laid solely at his feet. This is basic journalism where if he does ok, nothing is said. If he makes an error, which goalkeepers do, then people are baying for his blood.  Forster against Leeds cost us 2 points remember, yet the way it was reorted was in a responsible manor. This does seem to be the intelligence level of some fans on here however and now we add the pressure of his own support just waiting for him to slip up.

[quote user="Destort"]It''s almost getting as embarrassing as the fact this guy seems to have had the opening day game laid solely at his feet. This is basic journalism where if he does ok, nothing is said. If he makes an error, which goalkeepers do, then people are baying for his blood.  Forster against Leeds cost us 2 points remember, yet the way it was reorted was in a responsible manor. This does seem to be the intelligence level of some fans on here however and now we add the pressure of his own support just waiting for him to slip up.[/quote]

I take your point about lazy journalism but his performance against Colchester was staggeringly bad (along with several others) and both of the other keepers who have played since have been very steady or better.

Cant see how Forster cost us two points against Leeds either. Made a couple of top saves so most you could point at him would be one point. 

[quote user="B-ru"]Apologies, was he on the bench last night then?

Suonds like McVeigh was throwing hissy fits all night as well, is this true? If so, why?[/quote]Walking Man''s article says Steer injured his wrist on Friday! I can''t keep up. It didn''t mention it in the official NCFC vs. Saints match report though. McVeigh did seem to have a bee in his bonnet about something. Perhaps somebody stole his pie?

Not sure about WLY but apparently worked hard but committed 6/7 fouls and got a yellow.  Then got taken out in a challenege but no foul given so worked back and took out the offender.  Ref called lathorpe over (capt) with WLY and seems to have said that he is either subbed or gets sent off - WLY straight subbed..

The Pink''un reporters, Michael Bailey in particular, are heavily biased towards Theoklitos. The West Ham coverage says that as the cross came in, Werndley gambled, lost his marker, and headed past Theoklitos, which is closer to what I saw and certainly Theoklitos did well overall, but no mention of that in the Pink''un!

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

And the point here

is that Theo has probably played well in some games, but like a

previous poster as soon as it is reported that a mistake has been made,

it''s the end of the world, he''s an embarassment etc.

[/quote]I can quite honestly say in all the games I''ve seen him in since Colchester, he''s not played well.Watford Reserves - terrible error led to a penalty.Stevenage Reserves - nothing to do (not an exaggeration, he barely had to take a goal kick).West Ham Reserves - goal was his fault imo. Okay, there is a possibility with a great header the striker could''ve scored anyway. But Theoklitos came so far out when it was blatantly obvious he wouldn''t get near it which meant the striker only had to get some kind of glance on it to score.Maybe I just went to the wrong games. However, based on what I''ve seen, I don''t want him back anywhere near the first team and would be apprehensive if he did have to play at Morecambe/Carlisle.

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="Mazy Run"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I can''t remember him kicking upfield once on Saturday, he constantly knocked the ball out short to Askou (which was the right thing to do in the conditions) the one time he did kick it out though it ended up in the Jarrold Stand.

He quite rightly played it short and on the ground a lot of the time, wisely given the wind and rain - but he definitely managed some good long balls too because I remarked at the time to my girlfriend how well he was doing - in contrast to the Tranmere keeper who looked like he was passing it to Hucks. 

[/quote]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

from the front page of this very site, the report on tonights reserve game

Substitute Jack Werndly pounced on an error from keeper Michael Theoklitos to grab a late consolation for the Hammers.

this is getting embaressing for the club now...

[/quote]

He''s not an egg chaser anyway. I think you''ll find Aussie Rules is the sport of choice down here in Melbourne, not Rugby!

Most of my (Melbourne Victory) mates can''t believe what a shocker he''s had with us. That must say something about the standard of ''soccer'' in this Oz!!

Rugby is a better sport though to be fair.

I can''t help feel sorry for the guy, every time he makes a mistake now everyone pounces on it.

Why is he the only one not to be given a second chance after Colchester. Honestly I don''t believe he is "that bad". IMO he should be able to cut the mustard at this level. Maybe if people gave him a break, instead of waiting for him to make his next mistake he would be able to progress.

I have read a few match reports and as far as I can gather that was his only "mistake" of the night. One mistake in 90 minutes, yes it lead to a goal, but that is the nature of being a goalkeeper.

Reading the report, it gives me the impression that Theo didn''t really have much else to do for the game, is that because he was organising his defence so well?

Oh that''s right, no-one talks about the positives.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]The Pink''un reporters, Michael Bailey in particular, are heavily biased towards Theoklitos. The West Ham coverage says that as the cross came in, Werndley gambled, lost his marker, and headed past Theoklitos, which is closer to what I saw and certainly Theoklitos did well overall, but no mention of that in the Pink''un![/quote]

You''re being kind on the guy.

In general his performance was nervous but he was getting away with it until he made a complete mess of their goal. He either had to stay put or come and take the ball. He did neither. They scored.

It was like a flashback to the opening goal of the Colchester game, was off his line but did nothing when he got there apart from miss the ball.

Just not even close to being good enough.

[quote user="Mick Dundee"]Rugby is a better sport though to be fair. I can''t help feel sorry for the guy, every time he makes a mistake now everyone pounces on it. Why is he the only one not to be given a second chance after Colchester. Honestly I don''t believe he is "that bad". IMO he should be able to cut the mustard at this level. Maybe if people gave him a break, instead of waiting for him to make his next mistake he would be able to progress. I have read a few match reports and as far as I can gather that was his only "mistake" of the night. One mistake in 90 minutes, yes it lead to a goal, but that is the nature of being a goalkeeper. Reading the report, it gives me the impression that Theo didn''t really have much else to do for the game, is that because he was organising his defence so well? Oh that''s right, no-one talks about the positives.[/quote]

He''s not the only player to have his mistakes pounced on, it seems quite a predominant feature of this sight. It is quite safe to say some mistakes not yet made are waiting to be pounced on for some of players who are currently in the side and playing well.

He may have had a second chance by now, but he didn''t do himself any favours with the no show, who knows?

Unfortunately having nothing to do for 90mins and conceding a goal is hardly likely to gain a good review. To credit the keeper for organising the defence well, is maybe grabbing at straws, even if true.

I''m not quite sure what else can be expected, there are 2 keepers ahead of him in the pecking order who deserve their selection ahead of him if they are available.

His chance may yet come. It''s a funny old game.

[quote user="Mick Dundee"]

Theo didn''t really have much else to do for the game, is that because he was organising his defence so well?

[/quote]

Nope.

It was because Nelson defended pretty strongly and they weren''t great upfront.