Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

The Saints

In the past Month or so, our form has been excellent, only two losses, both away games to our play off rivals.  I think though this game is one of the most important to date.  Southampton are a team on the up despite their loss at home to Brighton last Sunday.  They are a very similar side to us, they have a lethal goal scorer in Rickie Lambert, a tricky creative midfield playmaker in Lallana and a good side side all round. 

A win in this game would give us a chance of a possible move to third place as we are only one point behind MK Dons and Colchester, but although that is very unlikely it would be another strong team out of the way before we play some rather low quality sides.  Also a win would show everyone that Norwich are here and ready to push for promotion, as I believe that if we don''t win it shows that we fail to get results agaisnt the stronger teams in this division and are not yet ready for automatic promotion.

This in my opinion is a very important game and will give us a good insight into the rest of our promising season.  I think though we will win and win by a comfortable margin, and I also think that we will go on a relatively long unbeaten run that might be pushed to it''s limits on boxing day. 

My prediction on Saturday, 2-0 City, OTBC.

I agree with almost all of that bar the last line unfortuantely!We have an awful record away to the saints (like we do most clubs away!), they can be beaten of course, but I think it will be a draw, 1-1Holt to take the lead, Connoly with a second-half equaliser

I reckon we''ll lose on Saturday as despite their last result they''ve looked good at home. It''s alright playing Tranmere with a patched up side not Southampton who''ve spent £1m on a striker.

2-1 Saints unfortunately

A point from this one would be a good result.  Without their points deduction Saints would be on the fringe of the play off picture and they have some good players, especially up front.  I would settle for 1-1.

Unlike the tranmere game soton wont be looking to defend deep which should suit us so I am expecting a far better performance.

However I am expecting the worst, not because they have a £1m striker (who I think Askou/Doc will be able to contain) but because we are there, our record is not great against them, they are a decent side (add in 10 pts and they are just outside the play off spots), and we will lose a game in the next few weeks.

Its about how we respond to any defeat and I am convinced that we will continue to pick up points even if we lose on sat.

Any points gained we be a big boost.

Certainly is an interesting game and I think it will be a bench mark for us, find out how far we have come since Leeds.

We are still not at full strength but keep picking up points. Semi seems to be ok, but that might be more of a hinderence. Hughes is back and vying for a place. Drury is firing on all cylinders and we found out that Lappin can put a good ball in with his right as well as his left.

S''ton had a blip against Brighton, and they will want to put that to bed with a good win in front of their home crowd. Not sure how good they are in defence though, and looks like they leak a few goals when pace is a threat (Cody to impact in the 2nd half?) Going forward they are strong, but we have been very myserly recently, will be a good acid test for the Doc/Nelson, whichever plays.

I think apart from having Spillane at RB, we have a strong side. Worried about set pieces with Semi in the team though.

my predition.... 1-1

I agree. probably our toughest gajme this side of christmas and lambert needs to have them really up for this. the fact saints will not sit back and try and keep it tight will help us. having watched a couple of their recent games they do not pass it around like we do (and keeping possession could therefore be the key) but they are pretty direct, have a threat down the flank and get midfielders into the box. We will therefore have to defend well and hope our extra class in midfield helps. Could be a game made for Wes in my opinion.

I will be happy with a point. All 3 would be fantastic and really show we mean business.