Sign in to follow this  
Oxford Canary

Simon Whalley

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Rochdale''s manager.  "We cannot afford to meet their terms and they would not negotiate," were the words.[/quote]Yeah I read that too, it implied that Rochdale wanted to pay less not that we wanted more. There was no mention of the figures you quote.

Far more interesting to me is Lambert''s quote in the article by our old friend mbncfc where he says:-

"I said from day one that we never really, in the wide areas, had great pace and the system we do play at this minute suits the personnel.

"The way they are playing they have been top of their game. Sometimes you have to have other avenues to go down. It''s not set in stone, so if we had the personnel to change different things you look at it.

"But the most important thing is to have a team, you have a team ethic and a team work rate and we have that."

Now this rather suggests to me that we are going to stick with the diamond. Which is fair comment because it''s working and it suits the players we have. Some of us, me included, have wondered if we will be found out using this system later in the season but I have to say I am more confident we won''t than I was a month ago. It does however make me wonder about all these transfer targets that Lambert is said to be going to leave over. He seems to accept that he has this squad to work with. With a fully fit squad it seems the two players we have no real replacements for if injured are Holt and Hoolahan. Let''s hope that there would be money for emergency loans if the worst happened there.

Oh, and.... "But the most important thing is to have a team, you have a team ethic and a team work rate and we have that."

Who does that remind you of[:O][;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Far more interesting to me is Lambert''s quote in the article by our old friend mbncfc where he says:-

"I said from day one that we never really, in the wide areas, had great pace and the system we do play at this minute suits the personnel.

"The way they are playing they have been top of their game. Sometimes you have to have other avenues to go down. It''s not set in stone, so if we had the personnel to change different things you look at it.

"But the most important thing is to have a team, you have a team ethic and a team work rate and we have that."

Now this rather suggests to me that we are going to stick with the diamond. Which is fair comment because it''s working and it suits the players we have. Some of us, me included, have wondered if we will be found out using this system later in the season but I have to say I am more confident we won''t than I was a month ago. It does however make me wonder about all these transfer targets that Lambert is said to be going to leave over. He seems to accept that he has this squad to work with. With a fully fit squad it seems the two players we have no real replacements for if injured are Holt and Hoolahan. Let''s hope that there would be money for emergency loans if the worst happened there.

Oh, and.... "But the most important thing is to have a team, you have a team ethic and a team work rate and we have that."

[/quote]

Snow white and the seven dwarfs!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not in the real world!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not in the real world!

[/quote]

So what have you got against the vertically challenged.

Be careful how you answer that as Beau is watching[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Well, I didn''t think Paul McVeigh had a very good game on Monday[:)]

[;)][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Well, I didn''t think Paul McVeigh had a very good game on Monday[:)]

[/quote]

[;)][Y]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Rochdale''s manager.  "We cannot afford to meet their terms and they would not negotiate," were the words.[/quote]

Where exactly is 40% and 80% mentioned in that?

[quote user="First Wizard"]He has no future at City under Lambert, so lets cut our losses and run.[/quote]

How do you know?

[quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]He has no future at City under Lambert, so lets cut our losses and run.[/quote]

How do you know?

[/quote]

Wiz knows everything Canarytom, it''s a mixture of mysticism and his hexcellent contacts [;)]

Mind you, this time I think he may well be proved correct.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="canarytom"]

How do you know?

[/quote]

Wiz knows everything Canarytom, it''s a mixture of mysticism and his hexcellent contacts [;)]

[/quote]

Its here for you doubters:

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED19%20Nov%202009%2009%3A58%3A27%3A910

And Lambert said:

"I haven''t spoken to him, It will be tough for him. He''s at Rochdale and doing okay at the minute, but it will be hard for him"

Thats pretty damning in my opinion.

Getting back to Whaley, it''s hard to know where he will go from here. By all accounts, he did well at Rochdale, who wanted him to stay but didn''t have the money to keep him in the end. There has been a lot of talk about getting a pacey winger in, but  it''s hard to see where the money would come from for that. Is Albert Adomah any better at getting back to cover than Whaley is?

I saw the Sunderland game, but I also saw him play the whole game at Exeter and he was one of City''s better players, IMO. Perhaps he could be tried as an impact player with McDonald if City are having difficulty breaking down stubborn defences or chasing a game after falling behind. Lambert has shown a willingness to reconsider with Doc and Russell, so perhaps Whaley will be given a chance to show what he can do in a side that is doing well (the games he did play were all during the upheaval period from Gunn to Lambert).

The cup matches could give him a chance, but we''ll have to wait and see.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="canarytom"]

How do you know?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its here for you doubters:

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED19%20Nov%202009%2009%3A58%3A27%3A910

And Lambert said:

"I haven''t spoken to him, It will be tough for him. He''s at Rochdale and doing okay at the minute, but it will be hard for him"

Thats pretty damning in my opinion.

[/quote]In fairness he said similar things about Doherty a while back

I''ve just read the Pink''un article again, and they do acknowledge that the Lambert "hard for him" quote was a month back, so apologies for that. The rest of the quote is somewhat ambiguous though:

"I said from day one that we never really, in the wide areas, had great pace and the system we do play at this minute suits the personnel. The way they are playing they have been top of their game. Sometimes you have to have other avenues to go down. It''s not set in stone, so if we had the personnel to change different things you look at it."

Maybe Lambert will give him another chance and  that under Culverhouse''s wing he''ll blossom like others have.

i think the problem is having him and semi operating together would be like having the right flank defended by a garrison of the italian army

[quote user="pennywise "]i think the problem is having him and semi operating together would be like having the right flank defended by a garrison of the italian army [/quote]

Am I right in thinking that you appear to be ROFLing?