Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Shackell in place of Fleming

Having watched the 50 minutes highlights on Sky last night I think it is time to give Shackell a game in place of Fleming.  The guy always seemed to be running back into his own box and watching the ball rather than any of the advancing M''Boro players.   In my opinion Doherty and Shackell could do a good job in central defence.  Worthy has brought in the youngsters up front, but we are still leaking goals at the back.  Give Shackell a game now.

i think it would be good to play him in the FA cup match against West Ham yet. However we have not seen much of him yet so it may be a risk if he was put on in a premiership match. i would like to see what hes got though

Totally agree, give the youngsters a chance, we can''t do any worse. Flem backs off far too easily for my liking and has been the sole cause of a bagful of goals this season with his ball-watching.

[quote]Totally agree, give the youngsters a chance, we can''t do any worse. Flem backs off far too easily for my liking and has been the sole cause of a bagful of goals this season with his ball-watching.[/quote]

The solutions easy then,just drop Fleming as he is the"SOLE"cause for a bag full of goals.Perhaps he''s the reason we''re not scoring as well

How many goals have been Fleming''s fault?? Quite a few in the past few months. Shackell might be the answer but I believe we still need another quality player in this position!! Fleming was quality last season, the prem league just has too much quality for him!