Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The Telegraph, Delia, the dictionary & Xmas.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Neither underestimate Xmas nor the gifted amateur.[/quote]Are you "gifted" Bly? Do you have an extremely large penis? [:^)]

It''s something you Caribbean Chaps are quite famous for over here! [;)]

[/quote]

My, my you''re up late tonight Lapp.

Hmmm....

Trouble in bed?

OTBC

Nutty,

Delia is on ITV '''' This Morning '''' show on Friday 27th November if you can tear yourself away from this site for a a couple of hours [:)]

and before you ask no I won''t be watching!!

CA

Angel,

Did you ever wonder, “What is the reason for the angel on top of the Christmas tree?”

Once upon a time Santa was rushed to get ready for Christmas. He had told Mrs. Claus to wake him at 5 a.m. and to have his breakfast ready with a lunch to bring along. He also told the elves to have all the Christmas presents packed in the sleigh and the reindeer harnessed by 5:30.

At 5:30 the following morning Santa Claus awoke and jumped out of bed furious with Mrs. Claus for NOT wakeing him up on time! Santa’s mood only got worse when he realized Mrs. Claus had NOT made breakfast or lunch!! Santa then ran out to his sleigh only to see that the elves had NO presents packed and the reindeer were running wild in the pasture!!!

About this time a little angel walked by dragging a large Christmas tree. Santa tried to ignore since he wasn’t his jolly old self.

But, the angel spoke up and said, "Santa what should I do with this Christmas tree?"

And that is the reason for the angel on top of the Christmas tree.[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Angel,

Did you ever wonder, “What is the reason for the angel on top of the Christmas tree?”

Once upon a time Santa was rushed to get ready for Christmas. He had told Mrs. Claus to wake him at 5 a.m. and to have his breakfast ready with a lunch to bring along. He also told the elves to have all the Christmas presents packed in the sleigh and the reindeer harnessed by 5:30.

At 5:30 the following morning Santa Claus awoke and jumped out of bed furious with Mrs. Claus for NOT wakeing him up on time! Santa’s mood only got worse when he realized Mrs. Claus had NOT made breakfast or lunch!! Santa then ran out to his sleigh only to see that the elves had NO presents packed and the reindeer were running wild in the pasture!!!

About this time a little angel walked by dragging a large Christmas tree. Santa tried to ignore since he wasn’t his jolly old self.

But, the angel spoke up and said, "Santa what should I do with this Christmas tree?"

[/quote]

Now if Delia, Worthy and the Doc were angels....................

Hmmm....

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Angel,

[/quote]

Now if Delia, Worthy and the Doc were angels....................

Hmmm....

OTBC

[/quote]

On this board...?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Now come on Nutty if you can afford to go to all these away games you go to , you must be able to afford one of her books [:)]

[/quote]

See that''s the thing with me... I put the football first[;)]

[/quote]

Look NN, I can get you a signed copy of her new book if you want.  All I''ve got to do is tell her that we know of this poor old chap, just a humble lavatory cleaner, but one of the biggest fans of Norwich City we have ever encountered - he can''t get the time off work to get to Jarrolds and doesn''t earn that sort of  money. Yeah, we can get you a signed copy and then flog the story and make a massive profit[:#]

[/quote]

Did you know that Jarrolds was my first place of work after I "left" school. It was very much like Grace Brothers in those days. Great place for a yongster to learn a bit about the real world though. You worked for people who cared about you and I learned many good values in my time there. Of course now they have their name on the South Stand. Jarrolds, Geoffrey Watling, Norwich & Peterborough and The Barclay. Lot''s of local pride to be seen there!

Cam, there''d be a bigger story in getting a half season DVD to send to all those messageboard wannabe fans who don''t bother with the football. They could be sold on the back of the market. Maybe we could find a local celebrity to sign them while he eats his chips and avoids the pigeons.[:O]

[/quote]

The disgraceful way the money grabbing Jarrold clan treated their loyal and hardworking print staff, was nothing short of a disgrace.

I avoid Jarrolds like the plague.

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Now come on Nutty if you can afford to go to all these away games you go to , you must be able to afford one of her books [:)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Look NN, I can get you a signed copy of her new book if you want.  All I''ve got to do is tell her that we know of this poor old chap, just a humble lavatory cleaner, but one of the biggest fans of Norwich City we have ever encountered - he can''t get the time off work to get to Jarrolds and doesn''t earn that sort of  money. Yeah, we can get you a signed copy and then flog the story and make a massive profit[:#]

[/quote]

Did you know that Jarrolds was my first place of work after I "left" school. It was very much like Grace Brothers in those days. Great place for a yongster to learn a bit about the real world though. You worked for people who cared about you and I learned many good values in my time there. Of course now they have their name on the South Stand. Jarrolds, Geoffrey Watling, Norwich & Peterborough and The Barclay. Lot''s of local pride to be seen there!

Cam, there''d be a bigger story in getting a half season DVD to send to all those messageboard wannabe fans who don''t bother with the football. They could be sold on the back of the market. Maybe we could find a local celebrity to sign them while he eats his chips and avoids the pigeons.[:O]

[/quote]

The disgraceful way the money grabbing Jarrold clan treated their loyal and hardworking print staff, was nothing short of a disgrace.

[/quote]

Now that''s the REAL world Wazzy.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Some people get addicted to publicity and Delia is one of them imo.  They feel like they don''t really exist unless the media are talking about them, and even bad publicity is better than no publicity - "Let''s be ''avin you" a prime example.

I couldn''t care less how much publicity she gets in her own right if that''s what she wants, but I wish they wouldn''t drag Norwich City into it on every conceivable occasion.  We are not and never will be "Delia''s Norwich" afaic.  Owners have come and gone but Norwich City has outlasted them all.

[/quote]

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear............................

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m intrigued, what did they do Butler?

It was the real world when I worked there but it was getting on for 40 years ago.

Another thing that intrigues me is how there don''t seem to have been mass redundancies at the Football Club since relegation. Especially from the catering side. I can''t help wondering how they are doing it?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m intrigued, what did they do Butler?

It was the real world when I worked there but it was getting on for 40 years ago.

Another thing that intrigues me is how there don''t seem to have been mass redundancies at the Football Club since relegation. Especially from the catering side. I can''t help wondering how they are doing it?

[/quote]

Sold the company (there were several interested parties and Jarrolds even had  a stake in the new company), allowed them to stay on the site until new premises were found. Didn''t give them enough time to move, the company went bust. Sign of a company that values it''s staff, they didn''t need to get them off the site when they did.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="canary cherub "]

Some people get addicted to publicity and Delia is one of them imo.  They feel like they don''t really exist unless the media are talking about them, and even bad publicity is better than no publicity - "Let''s be ''avin you" a prime example.

I couldn''t care less how much publicity she gets in her own right if that''s what she wants, but I wish they wouldn''t drag Norwich City into it on every conceivable occasion.  We are not and never will be "Delia''s Norwich" afaic.  Owners have come and gone but Norwich City has outlasted them all.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would love to see ''Deals no Deals'' on I''m a Celebrideeee....Boost My Flaggin'' Career.....I reckon her and Airfix Big Bosom Jordan would get on really well.

Ratings would shoot!

Now Wazzy and Butler I don''t doubt that the experiences you had of Jarrolds could make you bitter and resenful of them but my experiences are real too.

Summer of 1972 and I walked out of school where I was, to be quite frank, useless. Me and a mate went into town where we heard there were a couple of jobs going at Jarrolds. We somehow got those jobs and mine was in the hardware and DIY in the basement. I was as useless at that as I was at school. But they were always patient with me and stuck by me. I was 15 when I started and 16 when I left. Was there for just 10 months before I left to go and work for another family firm because the pay was a quid a week more. But I learned some lessons there on how to treat people. Lessons that didn''t hit home until I saw how other firms were.

I''ll tell you two things that happened. The Christmas Eve I managed to get myself in the pub at lunchtime with the older guys. Three pints of Red Barrell and a couple of shorts on an empty stomach at that age and you can imagine that I was as sozzled as the Old Trout herself. But when back at work in the afternoon they managed to smuggle me up into the personnel office and the personnel manager kept me hidden until it was time to go home. Then they made sure I got home safe and nothing more was said. A few months later and I left to take that other job with another mate for a quid more. When I handed my notice in the personnel manager asked me if I''d talked it over with my mum! I thought to myself "why would I want to do that!!" I told her I had which of course was a lie. I was 16 and knew everything, I wasn''t going to ask my mum! Anyway, this manager showed great interest and really seemed to care whether I was making a right decision or not.

It was only later in life, when I saw how other firms could treat people, that I realised how important those values were. I took them for granted at the time.

But my world back then was as real as the one you and Butler describe from later.

Now Wazzy and Butler I don''t doubt that the experiences you had of Jarrolds could make you bitter and resenful of them but my experiences are real too.

Summer of 1972 and I walked out of school where I was, to be quite frank, useless. Me and a mate went into town where we heard there were a couple of jobs going at Jarrolds. We somehow got those jobs and mine was in the hardware and DIY in the basement. I was as useless at that as I was at school. But they were always patient with me and stuck by me. I was 15 when I started and 16 when I left. Was there for just 10 months before I left to go and work for another family firm because the pay was a quid a week more. But I learned some lessons there on how to treat people. Lessons that didn''t hit home until I saw how other firms were.

I''ll tell you two things that happened. The Christmas Eve I managed to get myself in the pub at lunchtime with the older guys. Three pints of Red Barrell and a couple of shorts on an empty stomach at that age and you can imagine that I was as sozzled as the Old Trout herself. But when back at work in the afternoon they managed to smuggle me up into the personnel office and the personnel manager kept me hidden until it was time to go home. Then they made sure I got home safe and nothing more was said. A few months later and I left to take that other job with another mate for a quid more. When I handed my notice in the personnel manager asked me if I''d talked it over with my mum! I thought to myself "why would I want to do that!!" I told her I had which of course was a lie. I was 16 and knew everything, I wasn''t going to ask my mum! Anyway, this manager showed great interest and really seemed to care whether I was making a right decision or not.

It was only later in life, when I saw how other firms could treat people, that I realised how important those values were. I took them for granted at the time.

But my world back then was as real as the one you and Butler describe from later.

[/quote]

Ah! At last nutty. We have something else in common.

The first time I got drunk was on four pints of Watney''s Red Barrel when I was 19. But the circumstances of my debut were relatively mundane I''m afraid.

Funny. I just remembered Ardee. Yours is the kind of story he might have told I suppose. Well done. Except we may have heard perhaps what happened over sausages for supper that night......[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Ah! At last nutty. We have something else in common.

The first time I got drunk was on four pints of Watney''s Red Barrel when I was 19. But the circumstances of my debut were relatively mundane I''m afraid.

Funny. I just remembered Ardee. Yours is the kind of story he might have told I suppose. Well done. Except we may have heard perhaps what happened over sausages for supper that night......[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Great story Nutty from a time when people mattered.

Grace brothers!

I never worked for them but followed the print problem closely and the later bosses had changed and the treatment not as tender as your much earlier experience.

Us older ones have many stories of what life used to be, things changed from the mid70''s onwards (not in many ways for the better).But that''s LIFE to coin a phrase.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would love to see ''Deals no Deals'' on I''m a Celebrideeee....Boost My Flaggin'' Career.....I reckon her and Airfix Big Bosom Jordan would get on really well.

Ratings would shoot!

[/quote]

Flagging career? What planet are you from? DS is 68, still one of the top four TV chefs in the country and has a huge following/fanbase. As for Katie Price, she was worth over £50m before the divorce, not bad for an airhead with big boobs. You really could have picked a better example...

My dad worked in the print room at Jarrolds for 49 years and he told me he never woke up once and thought, "I wish i didn''t have to go into work today!" Great stories of a once great company.Fortunately, he retired just before it all went wrong.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ratings would shoot!

[/quote]

Flagging career? What planet are you from? DS is 68, still one of the top four TV chefs in the country and has a huge following/fanbase. As for Katie Price, she was worth over £50m before the divorce, not bad for an airhead with big boobs. You really could have picked a better example...

[/quote]

When Jordan''s 68....she''ll have a sagging career....Is she truly happy? I bet her publicist is. 

Are you one of Delia''s huge followers? I bet you have an MBE....Musteatlotto''s Belly''s Enormous....

So, money is the be all end all....I''d rather have my health and true friends....and live a normal life.