Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The Telegraph, Delia, the dictionary & Xmas.

Can Delia Smith save Christmas again?

Britain''s most trusted cook is returning - but can Delia ease our festive fretting over Christmas, asks William Langley

I think I''ll fill in for the moaners this week...OMG DELIA GETTING ALL THE ATTENTION WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT DISGRACE TO THE CLUB OUT OUT OUT!!11!!1!! [:@][IMG]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq174/NCFC87/babycry.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]It must really burn some people up to see her in the press so much.[/quote]

Over the last few days there must have been 30 to 40 stories about Delia, mostly on her Christmas special returning, and I think only this piece by Bill Langley makes the connection between her and Norwich.

Whats wrong with the woman doing what she does best?

I am all for her being on telly, in papers and mags doing her cooking and making money.

It means that Bowket, McNally and Lambert can concentrate on running the football club.

[quote user="dreamteam"]

I am all for her being on telly, in papers and mags doing her cooking and making money.

It means that Bowket, McNally and Lambert can concentrate on running the football club.

[/quote]ITS COS OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT THE WITCH IS STILL RUNNING THIS CLUB INTO THE FLOOR! BOOOO! [:@]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="dreamteam"]

[/quote]

ITS COS OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT THE WITCH IS STILL RUNNING THIS CLUB INTO THE FLOOR! BOOOO! [:@]
[/quote]

No, she was running the club into the floor, being chauffeured by the Donkster.....But Bowkett and Mr Mac have now thrown a stinger in front of the careering cook''s wheels.....

Now we''re trundling along hoping someone will come along and put a few more gallon in, to see us to the end of the journey.

Some people get addicted to publicity and Delia is one of them imo.  They feel like they don''t really exist unless the media are talking about them, and even bad publicity is better than no publicity - "Let''s be ''avin you" a prime example.

I couldn''t care less how much publicity she gets in her own right if that''s what she wants, but I wish they wouldn''t drag Norwich City into it on every conceivable occasion.  We are not and never will be "Delia''s Norwich" afaic.  Owners have come and gone but Norwich City has outlasted them all.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Some people get addicted to publicity and Delia is one of them imo.  They feel like they don''t really exist unless the media are talking about them, and even bad publicity is better than no publicity - "Let''s be ''avin you" a prime example.

I couldn''t care less how much publicity she gets in her own right if that''s what she wants, but I wish they wouldn''t drag Norwich City into it on every conceivable occasion.  We are not and never will be "Delia''s Norwich" afaic.  Owners have come and gone but Norwich City has outlasted them all.

[/quote]

Yes, Norwich City has outlasted them all, but the fans have also come and gone. The fans that have gone were destined to co-exist with the owners of the day, as you are with Delia and Michael.

[:)][quote user="dreamteam"]

[/quote]

Quite agree dreamteam, as long as she sticks to her cooking and lets McNally and co run our club then I''m happy.

Nutty - Will you be queuing up for her book signing appearance in Jarrolds [:)] (See Cam''s link of where you can find her) [:)]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]Sorry but as Cam has pointed out only one in 20 articles has mentioned NCFC so how is she dragging Norwich into it?

I don''t think she''s ''addicted'' to publicity. It''s simply that people are interested in her for obvious reasons. Coming up to christmas and all the cooking surrounding it, why shouldn''t she make some extra money? Especially if some of that goes back into the club.But of course, she''s a ''money stealing *£$$*'' and it''ll all ''disappear into thin air''....[:-)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Nutty - Will you be queuing up for her book signing appearance in Jarrolds [:)] (See Cam''s link of where you can find her) [:)]

[/quote]

No unfortunately I shan''t be there Angel. Some people are lucky that they have the time and money to go to book signings and the like. I''m sure we''d all like to be there if only we had the time and could afford it[;)]

Now Angel, can we expect to see you outside the ground with your "Delia Out" clipboard collecting like minded signatures anytime soon [:^)][:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

No unfortunately I shan''t be there Angel. Some people are lucky that they have the time and money to go to book signings and the like. I''m sure we''d all like to be there if only we had the time and could afford it[;)]

Now Angel, can we expect to see you outside the ground with your "Delia Out" clipboard collecting like minded signatures anytime soon [:^)][:D]

[/quote]

Now come on Nutty if you can afford to go to all these away games you go to , you must be able to afford one of her books [:)]

No I shan''t be outside with my clipboard, she''s not worth getting cold for [:)]

Perhaps it is worth pointing out that this "rash" of appearances/interviews is part of the promotional campaign laid on by the publishers of her Christmas book.  She''s a popular old dear with Middle England even if some of the football fans are not so convinced. [:)] 

[quote user="cityangel"]

Now come on Nutty if you can afford to go to all these away games you go to , you must be able to afford one of her books [:)]

[/quote]

See that''s the thing with me... I put the football first[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Look NN, I can get you a signed copy of her new book if you want.  All I''ve got to do is tell her that we know of this poor old chap, just a humble lavatory cleaner, but one of the biggest fans of Norwich City we have ever encountered - he can''t get the time off work to get to Jarrolds and doesn''t earn that sort of  money. Yeah, we can get you a signed copy and then flog the story and make a massive profit[:#]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Look NN, I can get you a signed copy of her new book if you want.  All I''ve got to do is tell her that we know of this poor old chap, just a humble lavatory cleaner, but one of the biggest fans of Norwich City we have ever encountered - he can''t get the time off work to get to Jarrolds and doesn''t earn that sort of  money. Yeah, we can get you a signed copy and then flog the story and make a massive profit[:#]

[/quote]

But there''s far more colour than that if you also follow the angle that he''s also a humble, part-time bingo caller who can''t afford to find out how to cheat at cooking. And Christmas is coming. Page 1 stuff if you ask me.

I''ll send you my bill tomorrow.

OTBC

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you know that Jarrolds was my first place of work after I "left" school. It was very much like Grace Brothers in those days. Great place for a yongster to learn a bit about the real world though. You worked for people who cared about you and I learned many good values in my time there. Of course now they have their name on the South Stand. Jarrolds, Geoffrey Watling, Norwich & Peterborough and The Barclay. Lot''s of local pride to be seen there!

Cam, there''d be a bigger story in getting a half season DVD to send to all those messageboard wannabe fans who don''t bother with the football. They could be sold on the back of the market. Maybe we could find a local celebrity to sign them while he eats his chips and avoids the pigeons.[:O]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''v got a signed Rolf Harris book with that little sketch he does with his head on a kangeroo''s body.  Worth 10 times more than the queen of the can opener[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you know that Jarrolds was my first place of work after I "left" school. It was very much like Grace Brothers in those days. Great place for a yongster to learn a bit about the real world though. You worked for people who cared about you and I learned many good values in my time there. Of course now they have their name on the South Stand. Jarrolds, Geoffrey Watling, Norwich & Peterborough and The Barclay. Lot''s of local pride to be seen there!

Cam, there''d be a bigger story in getting a half season DVD to send to all those messageboard wannabe fans who don''t bother with the football. They could be sold on the back of the market. Maybe we could find a local celebrity to sign them while he eats his chips and avoids the pigeons.[:O]

[/quote]

We are more or less of the same generation[:$] so I''m certain you are right about Jarrolds.  There were kids in my time who started as a delivery boy for Liptons and who ended up as the Manager.  It wasn''t much, I know, but it was different then.  There were also footballers who stayed with clubs for years and years and years and.....................

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But there''s far more colour than that if you also follow the angle that he''s also a humble, part-time bingo caller who can''t afford to find out how to cheat at cooking. And Christmas is coming. Page 1 stuff if you ask me.

OTBC

[/quote]

Your bill will be unpaid Bly.  It''s one thing to post about football and quite another to tell us this end how to market and place "stories".  [;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We are more or less of the same generation[:$] so I''m certain you are right about Jarrolds.  There were kids in my time who started as a delivery boy for Liptons and who ended up as the Manager.  It wasn''t much, I know, but it was different then.  There were also footballers who stayed with clubs for years and years and years and.....................

[/quote]

I''m sure you''re right cam. And I honestly believe that if the BBC hadn''t pulled the plug Granville would have eventually taken over from Arkwright[:O]

DKP22 First Team First Team

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sure you''re right cam. And I honestly believe that if the BBC hadn''t pulled the plug Granville would have eventually taken over from Arkwright[:O]

DKP22 First Team First Team

[/quote]

Actually an end terraced shop in Lister Avenue, Blaby - the hairdressers moved out temporarily to new premises in Blaby by the BBC for the filming after which it resorted to being a hairdressers - sold last year for £180k (30k above the guide price).   We went up oop North to write a big feature for Saga magazine when the local council listed it for demolition but then ditched the idea after a national outcry.

Times have changed.  I remember when the mighty Norwich City team arrived at Layer Road Colchester for Third Division South and whose coach would not start to take the team back to Norwich.  I blame Cullings of Claxton myself.  But we kids of the time joyfully joined in push starting it with the grown ups down Layer Road until it let out an enormous exhaust fart and trundled off back in the Norwich direction.

I am sure you will arrive in an impressive Executive coach come January.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Your bill will be unpaid Bly.  It''s one thing to post about football and quite another to tell us this end how to market and place "stories".  [;)]

[/quote]

Your loss.

Neither underestimate Xmas nor the gifted amateur.

[:P]

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Neither underestimate Xmas nor the gifted amateur.[/quote]Are you "gifted" Bly? Do you have an extremely large penis? [:^)]

It''s something you Caribbean Chaps are quite famous for over here! [;)]