Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Just discussion, not wind-up...

Today I just saw our last 3 matches highlights from the Canaries World, also I had watched all 3 matches on Hong Kong Cable TV''s EPL channel too since they will show the game again and again.

When I saw Frank Lampard and Michael Brown''s long range shots goals, also lots of long range efforts but saved by Robert Green at the Riverside Stadium, I should say, IT IS exactly where Gary Holt, our injured midfielder should be there to interfere (yes, interfere) the opposition and possibly, will force the shooting player to pass, or dribble, if he played.

Okay I understand everyone will have a go about me of Gary Holt was never involved in any Norwich victory in the Premiership, also Gary Holt in the same situation this season, he maybe only "ball watching" too much during the game, he may not tackle the shot successfully, but Gary Holt must put his body there, possibly to give a little thinking for the opposition, about to shoot or pass; it did not like what I saw now: the shooting player can shoot with freedom, without any interception, or second minded. You cannot forget Gary Holt acted as the "fifth defender" in the Spurs 0-0 draw at White Hart Lane.

Of course I was not saying we lost last 3 matches because we did not have Gary Holt in the squad, but played against quality opposition, you had to say that liked the last 3 teams we played, we absolutely needed a defensive midfielder liked Gary Holt in the squad! Remember we cannot win games when he was in the team, but most of the time we did not lose too.

What I hope is Gary Holt to recover as soon as possible and back to the team, we need your Three Lungs performance again! 

I too have thought the same thing about Holt. A lot of our problems have come from the defence backing off, and we seem to really need that defensive midfielder to shield them from advancing players.

But having watched Holty this season, he has been dragged out of position by all kinds of things, and when he needed to challenge he still backed off. So yes, I agree that an "on fire" Holt would really sort our season out, but if he is still not playing particularly well then maybe we are better off with Helveg/Safri.

Watching my ''Worthy Champions'' DVD for the billionth time today, you would not think the Gary Holt we''ve seen this season is the same player as the one we saw in the First Division.

He was full of energy, crunching into tackles, (the one against WBA at home where he pretty much stamps on the ball and destroys the Albion player is vintage Holty) making industrious runs, even some of his passing is probing and creative. I think the problem with Holty is that he needs time on the ball; he is fairly relaxed in his passing and in the Premiership you have to find your own space, it doesn''t just happen like in the Championship. Players like Mulryne take pride in their passing, Holt takes pride in his work-rate and determination.

The Gary Holt of last year deserves a place in a Norwich City 4-5-1 formation, but unless the performance level goes up, then he doesn''t deserve a place.

''Gary Holt 03/04'' come on down

hes been playing with a growing problem that led to his Haemothorax hasnt he? i know iv already said this but theres more to this post:  do you think when he recovers he will play a lot better than we have seen this season?

I have no idea whether the real Holt of the past few seasons will return...I certainly hope so. He could be valuable in protecting that 1-0 lead over Fulham on the last day of the season to ensure our survival...