Sign in to follow this  
Cullum Ave A Go If You Think Youre Ard Enough

Have the accounts been published yet?

Simon,

I would be highly surprised if the accounst were published at the end of this month. There are two reasons for this:

1. The club has until 10 months after the year end before they legally have to file, and even then, there is only a small fine for being late (see Gordon Ramsey)

2. I undertsood that the AGM has been put back to February and that the intended date for the AGM will be used simply to approve a motion to defer the AGM. As such, I would not expect them to publish the accounts at this meeting.

Being cynical, you could suspect that the deferral of the AGM and the accounts may be connected in that there is something not too nice to reveal. I dont like the fact that the revised AGM is after the close of the transfer window.

Only time will tell unless any of the better informed posters have any further information.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Simon,

I would be highly surprised if the accounst were published at the end of this month. There are two reasons for this:

1. The club has until 10 months after the year end before they legally have to file, and even then, there is only a small fine for being late (see Gordon Ramsey)

2. I undertsood that the AGM has been put back to February and that the intended date for the AGM will be used simply to approve a motion to defer the AGM. As such, I would not expect them to publish the accounts at this meeting.

Being cynical, you could suspect that the deferral of the AGM and the accounts may be connected in that there is something not too nice to reveal. I dont like the fact that the revised AGM is after the close of the transfer window.

Only time will tell unless any of the better informed posters have any further information.

[/quote]Marry your thoughts with cost cutting measures on reserve games,  the great skint debate is about to begin.

Simon,

[/quote]

They wouldn''t do that.................would they?[:O]

why release financial information to your competitors before the  end of the transfer window?

T,

I am sure that Leeds and Charlton are not going to lose too much sleep over this, but I bet there are a few mystified shareholders and suppliers to the club who would welcome some explaination as to why the AGM has been deferred. This is not normal.

Sounds like much ado about nothing. They have already said that the financial situation is dire as it is for the majority of football clubs so what is new.

T,

Glad to see that you come to the rescue as soon as there is an issue that needs to be smothered - someone might think that you used to work for the club.

It is much do about nothing, why dont the club simply explain why to avoid any speculation?

AGMs are very dull, meaningless formalities - it is amazing what people choose to get their knickers in a twist about

Simon,

[/quote]

Public companies have to file within 6 months of their accounting reference date. You are thinking of the filing date for a private company under the rules that apply to companies whose accounting period commenced prior to 6 April 2008. In fact, the deadline for private companies is now 9 months and not 10 months.

So, the accounts should be filed by the end of the month.

T,

First of all the excuse is that the club dont want our comepitors to see our accounts. Next excuse is a small ado about nothing and now it is that AGM''s are dull. What next? - "accounts are meaningless and shareholders deserve to be kept in the dark"

Why do you care so much about trying to dismiss this issue?

I repeat, deferring the AGM and publication of the accounts is not normal. There is likely to be a reason for this and the directors do not wish to communicate this to the owners of the club. Something is not right here!!

Simon,

Thanks for the tip off, as the new Companies Act came into force last month, the deadline for filing now appears to be 7 months for a public company unless I ahve misread the attached Companies House guidance  (http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gba3.shtml#two).

This means that the club should file (if it wants to avoid a paltry fine of circa £1,000) by the end of December.

This makes the reason for deferring the AGM even more curious as the accounts will be in the public domain before the deferred AGM and would seem to rule out an accounting issue for the deferral. However, I am still slightly concerend by the fact that the AGM is scheduled immediately after the January transfer window closes. This may be due to being overly cynical on my part, but this could be easily countered by the club issuing a statement explaining why the AGM has been deferred. If it is an insignificant reason as T is implying above, then they should not worry about explaining their actions.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Desert Fox"]

Simon,

[/quote]

They wouldn''t do that.................would they?[:O]

[/quote]

Come now mate would you put anything past them? lol

This is probably a really dumb question, but has anyone on this thread who is exercised by the postponing of the AGM actually gone to the very slight trouble of asking the club what the reason is?

[quote user="CanaryPurple"]This is probably a really dumb question, but has anyone on this thread who is exercised by the postponing of the AGM actually gone to the very slight trouble of asking the club what the reason is?[/quote]I''ll go and get the CEOs'' email address...Oh.

Simon,

Thanks for the tip off, as the new Companies Act came into force last month, the deadline for filing now appears to be 7 months for a public company unless I ahve misread the attached Companies House guidance  (http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gba3.shtml#two).

This means that the club should file (if it wants to avoid a paltry fine of circa £1,000) by the end of December.

This makes the reason for deferring the AGM even more curious as the accounts will be in the public domain before the deferred AGM and would seem to rule out an accounting issue for the deferral. However, I am still slightly concerend by the fact that the AGM is scheduled immediately after the January transfer window closes. This may be due to being overly cynical on my part, but this could be easily countered by the club issuing a statement explaining why the AGM has been deferred. If it is an insignificant reason as T is implying above, then they should not worry about explaining their actions.

[/quote]

Your link is for accounting periods starting prior to 6 April 2008. As the accounting period in question commenced on 01 June 2008, the following guidance is applicable to NCFC Plc:

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gp2.shtml#ch5

As you will see the accounts should be filed by the end of this month.

Where have you seen the date for the AGM? When has it been moved to? I have not been keeping up to speed with this matter.

you can have the agm whenever you want within the time limit - so what - it could be just a change in diaries. So what is this massive comspiracy then. I''m a shareholder but as a minority shareholding in a football club is worthless I could not care less. Why do you think they are pushing it back then?

T,

I have no idea why it has been pushed back, which is why I have raised my concern. The point that I am trying to make is that the club could eliminate any speculation by publishing its reasons.

[quote user="T"]you can have the agm whenever you want within the time limit - so what - it could be just a change in diaries. So what is this massive comspiracy then. I''m a shareholder but as a minority shareholding in a football club is worthless I could not care less. Why do you think they are pushing it back then?[/quote]

I''m with you on this T, (although I''m not sure I''m in charge of all the facts).

In the course of my work I have seen accounts being filed late on numerous occasions, and on every occasion it has been due to additional work being required from a financial reporting disclosure perspective and not because the auditors are suggesting a going concern risk.

Storm in a tea cup. Unless someone who actually knows the full story would like to tell me otherwise?

Simon,

I stand corrected. In that case we will not have to wait, so long as the club files in time. I am particulalry interested to discover whether Foulger''s mathcing contribution was a gift (as was implied) or whether this has been converted to shares or a loan,

I undertsand that the AGM has been put back until 2nd of February following a recent letter issued to shareholders. I also undertsand that no explaination was given for the deferral.

[quote]In the course of my work I have seen accounts being filed late on

numerous occasions, and on every occasion it has been due to additional

work being required from a financial reporting disclosure perspective

and not because the auditors are suggesting a going concern risk.[/quote]Does anyone in here speak accountant ?  What does that mean in English ?

Canary Purple,

If the club are not going to explain to their shareholders what the reason for the deferral is they are hardly going to respond to an anonymous bulletin board poster in cyberspace.

Simon,

I stand corrected. In that case we will not have to wait, so long as the club files in time. I am particulalry interested to discover whether Foulger''s mathcing contribution was a gift (as was implied) or whether this has been converted to shares or a loan,

I undertsand that the AGM has been put back until 2nd of February following a recent letter issued to shareholders. I also undertsand that no explaination was given for the deferral.

[/quote]

It hasn''t been converted into shares. That''s public info available from companies house as NCFC would have to file relevant forms. Can''t tell you if it''s a loan though.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]In the course of my work I have seen accounts being filed late on numerous occasions, and on every occasion it has been due to additional work being required from a financial reporting disclosure perspective and not because the auditors are suggesting a going concern risk.[/quote]

Does anyone in here speak accountant ?  What does that mean in English ?
[/quote]

Haha! The auditors wanted to understand some of the numbers better, as it wasn''t clear what they were/how they''d arisen (i.e. a deficiency in the company''s financial reporting system rather than a commercial issue). They didn''t have concerns as to whether the company was able to continue in business for another 12 months (going concern risk).

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Desert Fox"]

Simon,

[/quote]

Public companies have to file within 6 months of their accounting reference date. You are thinking of the filing date for a private company under the rules that apply to companies whose accounting period commenced prior to 6 April 2008. In fact, the deadline for private companies is now 9 months and not 10 months.

So, the accounts should be filed by the end of the month.

[/quote]

The club''s accounting period is 1st June to 31st May - does this have any bearing on the deadline?

Canary Purple,

If the club are not going to explain to their shareholders what the reason for the deferral is they are hardly going to respond to an anonymous bulletin board poster in cyberspace.

[/quote]Desert Fox, that is precisely my point. All you are doing is sounding off in cyberspace. For all you know the club has not the slightest idea this is an issue at all.But if you care about this as much as you very publicly seem to, then go to the really very small trouble of asking the club what the reason is for the deferral. IF the club refuses to say, then you might have an issue about which to be suspicious.If you don''t care enough to ask, then you can hardly blame posters for not caring about what may or may not be an issue.