Sign in to follow this  
mnc

No more evening reserve games

[quote user="BBFF"]

AC The land was bought to sell at some time as was the hotel, Munby said the hotel was along term investment and would be sold at some time. If we are in such a bad state that we don''t wont school children or working people to see the reserves may it time to cash in some assets before we go under.

What''s wrong with us fans putting some money into the club that we all say we love? What about if the club set up some sort of trust say for 10 years. We buy say £50 units and in 10 years IF we want out money back we get the £50 or how ever many units you took out?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

I think the biggest problem I would have investing more money into the club I love is that there''s plenty enough money in the game of football anyway. To my mind the reason costs have to be cut is the same reason that land and hotels are bought in the first place. It''s not because of a desire to play with alternative business income streams. It''s because the core business of football does not sustain itself. Until such a time as football clubs are forced to be self sufficient any further investment from the fans is just another way of supporting the salaries that are already obscenely high anyway. A change will come but until it does the game will remain to be about how much money rich people can borrow against the clubs they own to pay greedy players rather than about school kids being able to watch the reserves in the evening.

Or maybe I just stumbled upon this post while I was in a cynical mood[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="BBFF"]

AC The land was bought to sell at some time as was the hotel, Munby said the hotel was along term investment and would be sold at some time. If we are in such a bad state that we don''t wont school children or working people to see the reserves may it time to cash in some assets before we go under.

What''s wrong with us fans putting some money into the club that we all say we love? What about if the club set up some sort of trust say for 10 years. We buy say £50 units and in 10 years IF we want out money back we get the £50 or how ever many units you took out?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

I think the biggest problem I would have investing more money into the club I love is that there''s plenty enough money in the game of football anyway. To my mind the reason costs have to be cut is the same reason that land and hotels are bought in the first place. It''s not because of a desire to play with alternative business income streams. It''s because the core business of football does not sustain itself. Until such a time as football clubs are forced to be self sufficient any further investment from the fans is just another way of supporting the salaries that are already obscenely high anyway. A change will come but until it does the game will remain to be about how much money rich people can borrow against the clubs they own to pay greedy players rather than about school kids being able to watch the reserves in the evening.

[/quote]

I agree with your premise nutty but at the moment the club looks to be in a very bad way, ever more than the new decision makers are willing to admit. At one time it was carrying a blanket round the pitch at half time to throw money in to keep the club going now its an on line money transfer. We are going to be paying for "on the pitch prudence" for a very long time.

If running a FOOTBALL club was as easy as pulling pints we could all be in charge ;o)

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BBFF"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with your premise nutty but at the moment the club looks to be in a very bad way, ever more than the new decision makers are willing to admit. At one time it was carrying a blanket round the pitch at half time to throw money in to keep the club going now its an on line money transfer. We are going to be paying for "on the pitch prudence" for a very long time.

If running a FOOTBALL club was as easy as pulling pints we could all be in charge ;o)

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

It''s easier than that isn''t it[*-)][;)]

This is a BIG mistake by NCFC.

It is sad that the club has decided to play reserve games at an awkward time to prevent people from going - so the club can save a very small amount in stewarding costs.

Many 100''s of kids watch the reserve games - For the good of NCFC please don''t deny the kids that opportunity as those kids are the future of the club - that will bring in a lot of money in the future.

At the very least NCFC should continue to play the higher profile reserve teams in the evening (such as the Ipswich game).

If you want to save money then start by switching off the floodlights at night when there isn''t even a game being played. Sometimes they have been left on until the early hours of the morning.

Get your priorities right!

Tom, I completely agree. It''s not just about the reserve games being free for season ticket holders. IF we, the season ticket holders, were given a choice whether to pay to watch the reserve games or for them to disappear into the ether (just how many people are free and able to attend Colney in the middle of the afternoon) then that to me would be a step in the right direction. I would gladly contribute a fiver to watch the reserves. What about having stewards volunteer perhaps to work at reserve nights, if they were not willing then perhaps supporters who were could receive adequate training to enable this to happen. How many steward do we really need for occasions like this anyway? What about the takings at the bar, does this not cover stewarding costs? If not, then what sort of profit margins are the catering company responsible taking out of the club?

As for the floodlights, well Tom, you are correct, they are on most Friday and Saturday nights, game or no game. Purely I suppose for diners, party goers or whoever is in the building at the time. Does everyone who goes to dine at Delia''s really want the floodlights on? Why not ask them? Why not ask if they really would prefer football to profit from the use of floodlights rather than them as mere diners or partygoers with their occasional glance at the pitch on their way to the function room.

Come on NCFC, what exactly do the words football club mean?