Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Oh dear. Hands off Mr Strachan!

PS: NEVER underestimate The Hooligan''s Agent who was temporarily defeated by Bryan Gunn but continues apace I believe, the agent believing that his "bhoy" is entirely wasting his time on all of us stuck in League One.  Although he did broker the deal which enabled Roeder to sign him.  [:P]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]PS: NEVER underestimate The Hooligan''s Agent who was temporarily defeated by Bryan Gunn but continues apace I believe, the agent believing that his "bhoy" is entirely wasting his time on all of us stuck in League One.  Although he did broker the deal which enabled Roeder to sign him.  [:P][/quote]

He obviously smells another juicy commission from moving Hoolahan on in order to help pay his Christmas bills. Poor us we might mutter, but take heart. According to most on here, if Gunn could defeat him (temporarily) then Lambert should be able to swat him away (for good). Hmm... Except that he owes McNally his job, unlike Gunny did at the time, so......... Hmm... The books gotta balance........... Hmmm!

But then that''s been the story of our life. I guess.

OTBC

As they say, every player has his price. Personally I think he is one of the best players in League 1 so he must be worth a good couple of million at least.

Don''t think he''s going to leave unless we get a lot of cash for him. He''s doing great, the team''s winning, he''s a central figure in our team.

I don''t think he''ll be too tempted to join ''boro. This is a typicall rumour-story based on b****cks

I would only accept his sale if it were £3million or more. He is such an important player for us, and the decision makers need to think whether we want to be in the Championship next season or not.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]PS: NEVER underestimate The Hooligan''s Agent who was temporarily defeated by Bryan Gunn but continues apace I believe, the agent believing that his "bhoy" is entirely wasting his time on all of us stuck in League One.  Although he did broker the deal which enabled Roeder to sign him.  [:P][/quote]

He obviously smells another juicy commission from moving Hoolahan on in order to help pay his Christmas bills. Poor us we might mutter, but take heart. According to most on here, if Gunn could defeat him (temporarily) then Lambert should be able to swat him away (for good). Hmm... Except that he owes McNally his job, unlike Gunny did at the time, so......... Hmm... The books gotta balance........... Hmmm!

But then that''s been the story of our life. I guess.

OTBC

[/quote]

Simple matter was that Hoolahan had been playing in a crap team that had got relegated, it''s only now that he is playing well in a good team are any serious offers going to come in.

All teams towards the top of League One will have to put up with weeks of speculation about their best players.  Most of it will be untrue, I am sure, but as usual a few will be on the move. 

If he''s sold for anything less than silly money then that will be it for me with the current regime at the club. There is no point in us going on if we are going to sell our best players when in with a good chance of auto promotion. The only way it would be acceptable would be if big money was offered and Lambert had a couple of players such as Adomah lined up to replace him.

Same goes for Russell.

In many ways Ireland not getting to the world cup helps us as i''m sure if he felt he had a chance of making the world cup squad he would be more likely to want to move. Story on the Mirror website though says Chelsea will loan Johnson back to Boro for the rest of the season.

[quote user="Barbecued Bushmeat"]Of course he''ll be sold,  there''s been plenty of rumours he''s only here until January.  Simple reason is we''re broke.
[/quote]

Trying to find one fact in that sentence...

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Barbecued Bushmeat"]Of course he''ll be sold,  there''s been plenty of rumours he''s only here until January.  Simple reason is we''re broke.[/quote]

[/quote]This is the Pink Un, and his/her name is Barbecued Bushmeat. I don''t think your search for facts is going to turn up too much [;)]

With City players doing so well its to be expected, and there''s bugger all we can do about it anyway!............just enjoy the season and smile.[:D]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Barbecued Bushmeat"]Of course he''ll be sold,  there''s been plenty of rumours he''s only here until January.  Simple reason is we''re broke.[/quote]

[/quote]So obviously you didn''t read the rumours posted at the beginning of the season (these rumours being posted fact 1)We''re broke doesn''t really need a wiki link to reason that one out, cost cutting measures for reserve games indicate that (fact 2)

[quote user="First Wizard"]With City players doing so well its to be expected, and there''s bugger all we can do about it anyway!............just enjoy the season and smile.[:D][/quote]Spot on Mr Wizard, spot on.

[quote user="First Wizard"]With City players doing so well its to be expected, and there''s bugger all we can do about it anyway!............just enjoy the season and smile.[:D][/quote]If we sell our best players it would leave one to assume a downturn in our form, that could potentially be severely damaging to any promotion hopes we may hold... In which case i reckon there to be few who will either ''enjoy'' this season, or indeed ''smile'' about it (just because things look all fine and dandy right now, isn''t to say that we can be assured of a future worth being positive about).

[quote user="First Wizard"]With City players doing so well its to be expected, and there''s bugger all we can do about it anyway!............just enjoy the season and smile.[:D][/quote]We can do what Leeds have done with Beckford, refuse to sell because we must get promotion this season, if he wants to leave at end of season then so be it, we''ll be able to replace him once we''re back up

Wiz is absolutely right. If we were doing badly then everyone would be complaining about how bad our squad is and how our players are not worthy of the shirt. As soon as we do well then people start complaining about other clubs being interested in our players. You can''t have it both ways and I would rather be in the latter situation than the former- assuming of course that our current board have the balls to tell Strachan where to go

[quote user="missing in action"]id take 1.5m,
he is doing well in league 1 i admit, but.....i still doubt his ability in higher levels and think he would flop at a promotion chasing side in the championship.
[/quote]

Disagree.

One of the most talented players outside the Premier League, in my opinion.

Definitely good enough to do the business in the Championship, as he showed last season when he was allowed to play in a role that suited him better.

I''d find £1.5m too low for player of his importance and ability.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="missing in action"]id take 1.5m, he is doing well in league 1 i admit, but.....i still doubt his ability in higher levels and think he would flop at a promotion chasing side in the championship. [/quote]

Disagree.

Definitely good enough to do the business in the Championship, as he showed last season when he was allowed to play in a role that suited him better.

[/quote]you are more than entitled to disagree,i have always found him a luxury and felt that we needed men behind him just to cover when he loses the ball etc, but, he is a good creative influence that i do admit. and whilst i think he could get a few assists and goals. i genuinely dont think he is top end championship standard.

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="missing in action"]id take 1.5m,
he is doing well in league 1 i admit, but.....i still doubt his ability in higher levels and think he would flop at a promotion chasing side in the championship.
[/quote]

Disagree.

[/quote]
you are more than entitled to disagree,
i have always found him a luxury and felt that we needed men behind him just to cover when he loses the ball etc, but, he is a good creative influence that i do admit. and whilst i think he could get a few assists and goals. i genuinely dont think he is top end championship standard.
[/quote]

I don''t see him as a luxury. He covers too much ground and gets through too much work to be a luxury.

Having look a the top half of the Championship table I don''t see a team in there where I think he''d struggle or be out of his depth.

Well we could sell him and make money but sit in league 1 for a few years or keep him struggle on and get promoted a hell of a lot quicker. We will get the money we would have got for hoolahan by getting promoted.

That rumour was from was from a tabloid so I would not take too much notice of it. They are simply putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 as usual. I would slap a £5 Million pound price tag on him, its a massive over valuation I know, but it would maybe put interested parties off. We need to be thinking once promoted back to the championship (fingers crossed) of building a team that can challenge for promotion and then one that can survive in the premier league. Will have to see how some of the youngsters develop, but otherwise Hoolahan is the only player we have capable of playing at that level. We need to build a team around him.

Beckford''s been leaving Leeds every transfer window for the past 3 seasons yet he''s still a Leeds player. Newspaper hogwash.

I think Hoolahan would be crazy to move to a bigger club. He''s a first team regular here. We all saw what a mistake it was for Bellamy and Crouch to move to Liverpool. Just like Owen moving to Man Utd when Newcastle got relegated. What would you prefer to be? - a first team regular, a first team bench regular, or a reserve team regular?

[quote user="missing in action"]i have always found him a luxury and felt that we needed men behind him just to cover when he loses the ball etc, but, he is a good creative influence that i do admit. and whilst i think he could get a few assists and goals. i genuinely dont think he is top end championship standard. [/quote]My thoughts exactly.