Sign in to follow this  
Lord Horn

Good Pub News!

Heard last night that the tenants of the Horse and Dray are to take over the Mustard Pot as well in the near future.  Excellent pre-match drinking news if the Horse and Dray is anything to go by!

[B][B][B]

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]I haven''t been in the Horse and Dray for a while, is it reasonably busy these days?[/quote]

Not too sure pre-match as it''s the wrong side of the ground for me.  Well run and excellent atmosphere provided by the current tenants though.  Hopefully this can be transported to the Mustard Pot (which is the right side of the ground for me!!!).

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]I haven''t been in the Horse and Dray for a while, is it reasonably busy these days?[/quote]

Not too sure pre-match as it''s the wrong side of the ground for me.  Well run and excellent atmosphere provided by the current tenants though.  Hopefully this can be transported to the Mustard Pot (which is the right side of the ground for me!!!).

[/quote]The Mustard Pot was a right old hole, I hope they can do something with it.  I drink in the Horse and Dray after matches now as I''ve moved and the Rosary went bust again, it''s a cracking pub with some barmaids which are very easy on the eye.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

The Mustard Pot was a right old hole, I hope they can do something with it.  I drink in the Horse and Dray after matches now as I''ve moved and the Rosary went bust again, it''s a cracking pub with some barmaids which are very easy on the eye.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more!

Thanks for your reply, Lord Horn. It''s sad to hear that the Rosary has closed again - it sounds rather terminal, doesn''t it? The city seems to be losing quality boozers at a steady rate just now. The Reindeer on Dereham Road is closed at the moment and I have grave doubts that anybody will be able to run it as a profitable business. Also the Plough on St Benedicts Street - brilliant, extremely busy pub as recently as the late 80s early 90s - is closed at the moment and could be lost for ever. This is extremely sad as far as I''m concerned - the only consolation being that Norwich does have some lovely pubs still open. Use them, or lose them.