Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Forster loan extended until end of the season

Thats another great step on the path of promotion.

Well done Mr. Lambert AND whoever found the money down the back of the club chair!

[quote user="The Butler"]

Thats another great step on the path of promotion.

Well done Mr. Lambert AND whoever found the money down the back of the club chair!

[/quote]

I tihnk it was the sofa actually... [:)]

I am a little disappointed, I was hoping that we would be able to sign him on a permanent in January instead of just extending his loan. I suppose it will keep the squad consistent for this season at least.Does anyone know what Newcastle''s intentions are for Forster or what they value him at?Gives Theo plenty of time to shape up and prove himself for next season as well I guess. ;)

Flippin heck,when will we have something to moan about? All this good news just isn''t our club.Come on Lambert,pull your finger out and fook something up.[;)]

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]I''m glad to hear it. He''s a better keeper than Robert Green in my opinion.[/quote]

Wash your mouth out!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]good stuff! if we go up i''d like to see us make the move permanent[/quote]

Agreed, I see we have also been linked with Heaton from Man U.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]good stuff! if we go up i''d like to see us make the move permanent[/quote]

I have mixed feelings, although he has been a good keeper for us I would hate to see the path of two promising players, Rudd and Steer, blocked by another young keeper. Looks like it could be Joe Lewis all over again.

Having said that, if we get Forster in now, allow the younger guys to go out on loan and gain experience and then sell Forster for a profit in the future it could work out really well. We just don''t want to spend a huge amount of money on a keeper, when we have two very good prospects coming through, unfortunatley managers will generally only look to the short term as there is no guarantee they will be around in a few years to reap the rewards of developing youth.

[quote user="B-ru"]

[/quote]

So, Forster on loan, buy Heaton and have Rudd, Steer and Theo in the wings. As Forster would not be cup-tied anymore I can not see the need for five keepers at the Club, somethings got to give.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="B-ru"]

[/quote]

So, Forster on loan, buy Heaton and have Rudd, Steer and Theo in the wings. As Forster would not be cup-tied anymore I can not see the need for five keepers at the Club, somethings got to give.

[/quote]

I think we are more likely to buy Forster at the end of the season if we get promoted. If not then Heaton''s contract will expired. Theo will be off loaded asap. Rudd will be first/second choice.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I have mixed feelings, although he has been a good keeper for us I would hate to see the path of two promising players, Rudd and Steer, blocked by another young keeper. Looks like it could be Joe Lewis all over again.

Having said that, if we get Forster in now, allow the younger guys to go out on loan and gain experience and then sell Forster for a profit in the future it could work out really well. We just don''t want to spend a huge amount of money on a keeper, when we have two very good prospects coming through, unfortunatley managers will generally only look to the short term as there is no guarantee they will be around in a few years to reap the rewards of developing youth.

[/quote]Agreed, having him on loan for the rest of the season is great but I would leave it at that. There are other areas of the team money needs to be spent on at the moment.

He''s a fairly young keeper! He''s got a great future ahead him if he keeps progressing I reckon we might buy him at the end of the season. I don''t know where this leaves Theo. I think Forster and Rudd make a good team.

If we buy a young goalkeeper it will leave us in the same position we were in when Grant bought Marshall. I reckon a loan until the end of the season is fine. In the long term we should be looking to give Rudd the jersey in the same way Worthy gave it to Greeno. Then we should have an experienced goalkeeper as cover like we had with Crichton. Rudd is maybe a year away yet which is probably the reason for a loan.

It looks like good decisions all day long right now at our football club.

Brilliant news. We now have an excellent keeper until the end of the season, giving Rudd more time to mature and be ready to start next season as number one.

[quote user="Mushroom"]Great news.[/quote]

....... and Rudd''s injury is not as bad as first thought....double good news day!

this is good news - gives the defence some consistency,  forster has done well and we dont have to spend to replace him.  Rudd IS injured at the mo so having forster instead of Theo was always a preference,  we could not have another 3 month loan so it was either season long, a new keeper or buy. 

Long loan gives us the chance to really evaluate him and forster us and if we get promoted he could be worth signing in the summer as he is only 21,  if not see how rudd is doing or invest ina new keeper.   Def a good day.