Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

delia CBE.... not for running a football club though .!!!!!

Norwich City joint majority shareholder Delia Smith has told how it was a “great honour” to receive her CBE today.

The celebrity chef was named in the Queen''s Birthday Honours for services to food earlier this year and received the honour from the Prince of Wales at the Buckingham Palace investiture.

Ms Smith, already an OBE was made a CBE after 40 years of cookery writing, said: “There are so many people who do so much but to be picked out amongst them is a great honour.

“I think the main thing is what my husband said, he said it''s sort of a tribute to home cooks all over Britain.

“I still love cooking. I don''t like it, like all of us, when you''ve done a hard day''s work and got to rush home and get a meal on the table, then it''s not much fun.

“But if I''ve got nothing to do and can lock myself in the kitchen for a couple of hours with the radio on then I love it.”

Through her recipes and popular television programmes Smith, 68, has become a culinary institution, teaching the nation to cook and bake for 40 years.

Her books - including Delia Smith''s Complete Cookery Course and How to Cheat at Cooking - have sold more than 20 million copies worldwide.

Her shows are avid viewing for foodies and kitchen novices alike and can influence the buying habits of shoppers if they feature personal recommendations.

Ms Smith brought out her first recipe book, How to Cheat at Cooking, in 1971, and began her TV career two years later with a BBC series called Family Fare.

The first part of her Cookery Course was published in 1978 and was followed by two more instalments.

Ms Smith has published many more cookbooks including volumes focusing on Christmas, summer and winter recipes, and the hugely popular How to Cook series.

The TV chef said she has made a one-hour Christmas special covering festive cooking which will be screened later in the year.

[quote user="singing canary"]cant remember what he achieved  mbe obe ... forum police out again ..!!!![/quote]

Bobby Robson got a CBE (and later a Knighthood) - but I think you''ll find he was a manager, he didn''t ''run a football club''.

PS can''t you give the woman credit for anything? She actually is very good at writing those cookery books and presenting them on TV and has probably done more for domestic cooking in the UK than anyone else. So she deserves that honour and what she does at NCFC is nothing to do with it.

Back to the question though. How many other people have been awarded honours for running a football club?

cant think of any but i know this much .if the was she wouldnt get it . unless it was "how much can you drag a club down in ten years award . then the would be no competition .

...... or for running a marathon..... or for running a pub...... or even for running a bath.

It was for services to food.

I would think it even less likely any one would get a CBE for owning a football club.

I think you must secretly fancy Deals singing canary.[:$] All these posts on here about her... All those articles you can find about her to post on here.... I bet you keep the pictures too don''t you[8-|]... For when nobody''s looking[+o(]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
...... or for running a marathon..... or for running a pub...... or even for running a bath.

I would think it even less likely any one would get a CBE for owning a football club.

I think you must secretly fancy Deals singing canary.[:$] All these posts on here about her... All those articles you can find about her to post on here.... I bet you keep the pictures too don''t you[8-|]... For when nobody''s looking[+o(]

[;)]

[/quote]Whatever must it mean about you and Nigel Worthington then?!

How awful, a majority shareholder of the club has been awarded the CBE. I suspect I''ll never get over the shame.......[:|]

I think the Tuesday night home game against Brighton would be an ideal opportunity before kick-off, to have a rapturous 1 minute applause for the much deserved award of a CBE to our majority-shareholder.....Well done Delia. 

[quote user="A change gonna come..."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

I don''t know..

Probably means that I rated Worthy as a manager and enjoyed watching the football for the most part while he was here[Y]

Of course this Delia fixation from young singing canary is very different. It''s not football related so what else could it be except....

[+o(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="A change gonna come..."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]Whatever must it mean about you and Nigel Worthington then?![/quote]

I don''t know..

Probably means that I rated Worthy as a manager and enjoyed watching the football for the most part while he was here[Y]

Of course this Delia fixation from young singing canary is very different. It''s not football related so what else could it be except....

[+o(]

[/quote]Yeh,I think most people have got that you rated Worthington - a few thousand times!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I think the Tuesday night home game against Brighton would be an ideal opportunity before kick-off, to have a rapturous 1 minute applause for the much deserved award of a CBE to our majority-shareholder.....Well done Delia. [/quote]Are you going to lead it then, Mello?

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mello Yello"]I think the Tuesday night home game against Brighton would be an ideal opportunity before kick-off, to have a rapturous 1 minute applause for the much deserved award of a CBE to our majority-shareholder.....Well done Delia. [/quote]

Are you going to lead it then, Mello?

[/quote]

Why, of course!

[quote user="A change gonna come..."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="A change gonna come..."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

I don''t know..

[+o(]

[/quote]Yeh,I think most people have got that you rated Worthington - a few thousand times!
[/quote]

Bet you won''t find countless threads started to that effect though[;)]

What do you think about Delia''s CBE?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

So how many people have been made a CBE for running a football club? And the [:''(] and !!!!! are really a bit pathetic....

[/quote]

Boo Hoo

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]How long before some idiot asks when she is going to become a sir?[/quote]

As I''ve bumped this thread i will give it 5-10 minutes NN or MF. Gord bless em/er........

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mello Yello"]I think the Tuesday night home game against Brighton would be an ideal opportunity before kick-off, to have a rapturous 1 minute applause for the much deserved award of a CBE to our majority-shareholder.....Well done Delia. [/quote]

Are you going to lead it then, Mello?

[/quote]

Why, of course!

[/quote]

Come on, hands up, who''s got a I''ve had Delia T shirt?[+o(]

[quote user="singing canary"]i will decline on that wizz ... !!![/quote]

Not sure with this reply but I do believe the gong comes along with a big wod of notes as well, so where will she spend it? in the Kitchen or in the club?, now don''t get the lynch mobs out, I said I only thought it comes with a payment aswell