Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Hoolahan to Middlesborough!

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn''t see anything about this on here!

There are strong rumours that Middlesborough boss Strachen is about to pounce for Wes Hoolahan!

The question is do we sell or not? He is clearly one of are best players and without him can we still get promoted? How much is promotion back to the Championship worth?

no no no we cant let him go . he was a big player in blackpools promotion and proving his worth now for us . sell him after the season has finished  but not now it would be sucide unless our great manager can find a better player withb the money .

I don''t know if anybody noticed, but Lakey said Lambert quoted £7-8m as the price required for Mr. Hoolahan''s services.He was, apparently, smiling at the time.

If we sold him I would think that Lambert would move in for McNamee from Swindon, but although some of the things I have said about him, he is proving his worth and we shouldn''t sell him.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I really do believe that if we sell Hoola in Jan, then we won''t get promoted.

[/quote]if we got good money and i mean GOOD  2-3 mil which imo i think he is worth..we would have funds to bring in 2-3-4 players and with them i think we would get promoted [Y]

No Colney we shouldn''t sell him. On two counts. Firstly, Wes is a little bit special and more than a bit different to your average player at this level (and in the right team with the right ideas, I believe he can work well at levels above where we are right now). IF we were to sell what sort of player could replace him, bearing in mind all the fine attributes Wes brings to our team. Two or three average players in other positions to bolster the numbers? That''s fine and perhaps what we as a club should be aiming for, but not at the expense of Wes.

Secondly, I am not convinced ALL of the money we might receive from the sale would go to Lambert for players. IF the money was used to service debts then NO NO and NO. The club''s best chance of getting rid of debt is to win promotion and Wes is key to that chance.

So, no, don''t sell, unless Wes was to really seek a move away, and everything I hear leads me to believe that is not the case.

Leicester sold nobody of worth last season or in the summer. Now look at them. It''s all about ambition.

Having said every player has his price Lambert has shown his ambition by putting £7-8M on Hoolahan. Good for him - our current side is an average championship side all we need to do is get there. James

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]if we got good money and i mean GOOD  2-3 mil which imo i think he is worth..we would have funds to bring in 2-3-4 players and with them i think we would get promoted [Y][/quote]

No no no no no. Even if we did get good money for him, CTID, even if we bought 2,3 or 4 players, they would be average league one players - you can''t get anything better for that money. We''ve got plenty of average league one players and we can only play 11 of them at any one time. More than almost any other player in this league (I would mention Beckford and Shelvey of those I''ve seen so far), Hoolahan gives us something different - he is central to the way we are playing. Selling him would leave a massive hole in the ''hole'' and buying three or four average players to replace him won''t fill that hole. We have to move heaven and earth to keep him this January.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]if we got good money and i mean GOOD  2-3 mil which imo i think he is worth..we would have funds to bring in 2-3-4 players and with them i think we would get promoted [Y][/quote]

How much of Hoola-hoop''s fee would actually be channeled into replacements.....and how much would be utilised, to service the ever increasing debt?

Sell Ashton, buy Earnshaw, sell Earnshaw, buy Curo....Sell Hoolahoop, buy more time....

Thats what I am worried about, the debts would need to be dealt with and say we get 1.5 million, which I think is the maximum, then we would only get about 500k for him. The board need to show some balls and hold off the vultures.

If you had to sell one of our first team midfielders/ strikers who would you sell?

When I say first team I mean : Holt, Martin, Hoolahan, Rusty, Smith and Lappin.

I think I''d pick Lappin tbh but ideally we''ll keep all of them.

If we do need to shift out big earners Curo has to be first out of the door, no matter what you think about him he is not key at the moment. Then for me it would be Doherty as in Nelson we have an adequate replacement. Hoolahan must stay unless he really really demands a move.

[quote user="Bruces Header"]

I assume you''re bored of clean sheets then!

[/quote]I''m not saying we SHOULD sell Doherty I am saying if there are players who need to go Doc is more replaceable than Wes.

Foe decent money ...definitely sell him ....buy  a player with two legs . Wildly overrated player ( anyone remember the fuss about selling Croft !) Much the same , with money spent wisely, we could be a much better team without Hoolahan

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]Foe decent money ...definitely sell him ....buy  a player with two legs . Wildly overrated player ( anyone remember the fuss about selling Croft !) Much the same , with money spent wisely, we could be a much better team without Hoolahan[/quote]

I can''t decide if you''re trying to wind people up or if you just really don''t have any idea at all what you''re talking about.

Let''s hope you''re just on a wind up.

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]Foe decent money ...definitely sell him ....buy  a player with two legs . Wildly overrated player ( anyone remember the fuss about selling Croft !) Much the same , with money spent wisely, we could be a much better team without Hoolahan[/quote]

Croft was wildly overrated,but Hooli,all though one footed,is highly influential to the way the team plays.If,and only if,stupid money is thrown our way then sell.Otherwise tell potential suitors to sod off!!

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]Foe decent money ...definitely sell him ....buy  a player with two legs . Wildly overrated player ( anyone remember the fuss about selling Croft !) Much the same , with money spent wisely, we could be a much better team without Hoolahan[/quote]I am amazed there a still people who can questions Wes'' contribution to the team after how he has played under Lambert. Sure he has only 1 foot but do you not remember how toothless we were against Walsall without someone with a bit of magic like him?

if its a choice between selling either one of Holt or Hoolahan then id send Wes packing im afraid.

Creatively good at this level and if boro want to give us a shed load of money for someone who will probably end up in their reserves thats up to them....

Somone will leave in January, because someone has too to keep the wolves from the door.

[quote user="GJP"]

I can''t decide if you''re trying to wind people up or if you just really don''t have any idea at all what you''re talking about.

[/quote]Nah. I mean who needs someone who scores goals as well as being heavily involved in creating them for others, along with constantly wanting the ball and trying to make things happen every time he gets it? Mind you this guy is a big fan of Cureton, I seem to recall, so say no more...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Nah. I mean who needs someone who scores goals as well as being heavily involved in creating them for others, along with constantly wanting the ball and trying to make things happen every time he gets it? Mind you this guy is a big fan of Cureton, I seem to recall, so say no more...
[/quote]

And I, like Lambert, am a big fan of Curo''s Humph, hence why PL won''t let him out on loan!.............next.[:|]

Lets hope there''s no truth in this story. I do trust in Lambert to make the right decision and hopefully the board won''t do something stupid and sell Hoolahan against Lambo''s wishes. PL does have a good relationship with McNally which should help when it comes down to player tranfers; whether in or out.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Nah. I mean who needs someone who scores goals as well as being heavily involved in creating them for others, along with constantly wanting the ball and trying to make things happen every time he gets it? Mind you this guy is a big fan of Cureton, I seem to recall, so say no more...
[/quote]

And I, like Lambert, am a big fan of Curo''s Humph, hence why PL won''t let him out on loan!.............next.[:|]

[/quote]

A big fan of Curo... Why does he not play him then?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]What evidence do you have he''s a big fan then? Mind you I think you still think he prefers Nelson over Doherty...
[/quote]

He said so on Canaries World and EDP interview![:|]