Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Oh er.........here comes trouble! Col Utd report Norwich

... on the agreement that no offer of employment could be made BEFORE compensation had been agreed. That agreement stood even when Lambert resigned at Norwich''s suggestion.

If you ''poach'' another clubs manager in the second week of the season you''ve got to expect to have to pay a premium. Why should we be out of pocket because Norwich have a drama in the first week of the season? Shame on you!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]
So tell me i''m wrong and it was a joke hence the LOL, get a SOH[/quote]

Get a joke and I''ll get a SOH. "We are a bigger club!" doesn''t count, lol or not.

Do we really have any baiting to waste on Colchester fans when the scum are a much more deserving cause?
[/quote]

Jesus you''re snippy [:O]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="cityangel"]I''ve heard that they want £450k and we''ve offered £200k, surely we can all meet in the middle somewhere?[/quote]

We''ll throw in Neil Doncaster''s old office table.....literally.

[/quote]

With a used pair of Delia''s knickers to sniff! [+o(]

[/quote]

LMFAO just gagged on my lunch mate [+o(]

I find the fact that so many people are getting their knickers in a twist over this sooooo amusing.

We won''t get points deducted and if we get fined we shall plead poverty and the fine shall be a fraction of what Colchester could have had, had they not been so greedy.

[quote user="morty"]I find the fact that so many people are getting their knickers in a twist over this sooooo amusing. We won''t get points deducted and if we get fined we shall plead poverty and the fine shall be a fraction of what Colchester could have had, had they not been so greedy.[/quote]

You don''t seem to realise that the Football Disciplinary Commission is to determine your punishment, not establish your guilt.[<:o)]

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]

[quote user="morty"]I find the fact that so many people are getting their knickers in a twist over this sooooo amusing. We won''t get points deducted and if we get fined we shall plead poverty and the fine shall be a fraction of what Colchester could have had, had they not been so greedy.[/quote]

You don''t seem to realise that the Football Disciplinary Commission is to determine your punishment, not establish your guilt.[<:o)]

[/quote]

I realise....but I still don''t care. It''s out of our hands....

No doubt that they''ll make an example of us as we''re not one of the big five Prem clubs that can afford big expensive lawyers...

But, life goes on, smack our ar$e, send us to bed without any supper and we''ll just carry on regardless.

If you get what you yearn....good fortune. I bear no malice, there are more important issues going on in the world. 

...the thing here is that Col U fans don''t seem to realise that 99.9% of us couldn''t really care less; at the end of the day, we were going absolutely nowhere and now we are so whatever happens we''re the only real winners....and your club does end up looking rather sneaky.

Clearly each club thinks it will get a better result from the League so I guess we''ll see.

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]

[/quote]

I bet you''re always running to teacher....

Miss[:''(].. Miss[:''(]... Miss[:''(]... It was her Miss[:''(]

We don''t care about you squealing about points. If it happens it will be suspended. And if we eventually come and take Betty Boo off you for our reserve team job it will be worth it just to watch you squeal some more[:|]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]...the thing here is that Col U fans don''t seem to realise that 99.9% of us couldn''t really care less; at the end of the day, we were going absolutely nowhere and now we are so whatever happens we''re the only real winners....and your club does end up looking rather sneaky. Clearly each club thinks it will get a better result from the League so I guess we''ll see.[/quote]

You will do when you end up in the relegation zone... [;)]

Gowling has been running his mouth off again...http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/headlines/4754214.Cowling_urges_authorities_to_make_an_example_of_Norwich/Found this bit interesting:“We felt it could be settled.

“I wanted to go to Paul Lambert with the idea of a money plus players agreement.

“I don’t want to elaborate any more than that but we were declined

the chance to do that by Norwich City and we were not allowed to speak

to him.”

Cheeky sod! No wonder we told him where to go.

Jumped up little shit, he obviously would like to see us out of the promotion reckoning by his demands knowing full well that if we get the second spot his crap team will probably  be in the play-offs.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Jumped up little shit, he obviously would like to see us out of the promotion reckoning by his demands knowing full well that if we get the second spot his crap team will probably  be in the play-offs.[/quote]

I think you summed it up in what you say. 

Why wait so long before reporting us? 

ColU for me are now right up there with the Scum as far as my dislike for them.

“The first is that Colchester United need to be compensated for what has happened.

Can''t disagree IF we are found guilty.

“The second is that football has to sort itself out a bit and this is a chance for the authorities to do that and set an example.

Saying that before your manager resigned and wanted to come to NCFC were you? [:|]

“Football has to decide and our opinion is that a points deduction is fair, because they have damaged us.”

A points deduction is fair?  What fair because you feel threatened by our league position and form? Damaged you how? lol you are sitting in a good position in the table, so that can''t be it, so back to finances again one would guess.

Cowling stressed that Lambert’s sudden departure at the start of the season was financially damaging to Colchester.

How?  Didn''t take too long to get another manager in, and your league form didn''t suffer too much [:|]

While he is understandably pleased with the impact current manager Aidy Boothroyd has made since his arrival in September, the U’s chairman said his club have been hit in the pocket by Lambert’s sudden departure.

Welcome to the cut and thrust life of football [:''(]

He said: “We feel we have been damaged and we want to make sure that we’re properly compensated for what has happened.

How''s £3-50p and a bag of chips a week? lol

Shows what a shabby amateurish outfit they really are when he says he wanted to speak to Lambert about cash plus player deals. So how would he feel if we contacted Betty Boo directly and enquired about player? He would probably report us to the FA!!!

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Gowling has been running his mouth off again...
http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/headlines/4754214.Cowling_urges_authorities_to_make_an_example_of_Norwich/
Found this bit interesting:
“We felt it could be settled. “I wanted to go to Paul Lambert with the idea of a money plus players agreement. “I don’t want to elaborate any more than that but we were declined the chance to do that by Norwich City and we were not allowed to speak to him.” Cheeky sod! No wonder we told him where to go.
[/quote]

What a pathetic little idiot this clown is..... just right for Col Utd in fact. Can you imagine any other chairman ringing up an ex-manager to agree which player he wants. I suggest he goes back to the Sunday league he obviously is more use to.

LOL!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

“The first is that Colchester United need to be compensated for what has happened.

“The second is that football has to sort itself out a bit and this is a chance for the authorities to do that and set an example.

Saying that before your manager resigned and wanted to come to NCFC were you? [:|]

“Football has to decide and our opinion is that a points deduction is fair, because they have damaged us.”

A points deduction is fair?  What fair because you feel threatened by our league position and form? Damaged you how? lol you are sitting in a good position in the table, so that can''t be it, so back to finances again one would guess.

Cowling stressed that Lambert’s sudden departure at the start of the season was financially damaging to Colchester.

How?  Didn''t take too long to get another manager in, and your league form didn''t suffer too much [:|]

While he is understandably pleased with the impact current manager Aidy Boothroyd has made since his arrival in September, the U’s chairman said his club have been hit in the pocket by Lambert’s sudden departure.

He said: “We feel we have been damaged and we want to make sure that we’re properly compensated for what has happened.

[/quote]

Bloody well said mate, and bugger, I''ve just noticed your post count, I''ll be in 3rd place at this rate![;)]

Mind you, it might get a few off my back.[:D]

Interesting to get an idependent view (courtesy of carrowroad.net)"I was having a read round some web sites yesterday and happened upon a

very good blog by a Leeds Utd supporter,  in which he writes:
When Lambert made the journey from Essex to

Norfolk it was implicit that Colchester had accepted this and the only

question was the amount of compensation. 3 months later and a figure is

yet to be agreed, and you can be sure that is because Colchester want a

large and probably ridiculous figure. As they haven’t secured it yet

they have decided to report Norwich for poaching! Hang on, if you

agreed to negotiations on Lambert the accusation of poaching becomes

redundant, ala Grayson and Blackpool, so what you should be asking for

is a tribunal to agree the compensation not a stupid, needless and

ultimately futile attempt to try and force points off Norwich.

Behaviour like this is what undermines integrity in football. (Used without Permission, hope he doesn''t mind) clarkeonenil "

The simple fact is that if Norwich have done nothing wrong in this matter they have nothing to fear from a Disciplinary Commission.

As others have previously said leave it to the blazers to sort it out.  That''s what each club pays the Football League an annual membership fee towards - the resolution of disputes between clubs.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

The simple fact is that if Norwich have done nothing wrong in this matter they have nothing to fear from a Disciplinary Commission.

As others have previously said leave it to the blazers to sort it out.  That''s what each club pays the Football League an annual membership fee towards - the resolution of disputes between clubs.

[/quote]

Tell that to your loud mouth, jumped up pr*ck of a chairman then who is the only one stirring this up by going to the press every couple of days. Acting all outraged when he''s going to us trying to get us to give you players to compensate for Lambert leaving. He just comes across as a bitter little man who realises he screwed up by giving us permission to talk to Lambert.

[/quote]

It doesn''t stop us NORWICH fans discussing the subject on a NORWICH forum though does it??? Maybe we should start discussing the similarities between players on the pitch waving the imaginary yellow card gesturing to the referee to book a player and the Col who chairman constantly pushing to the media that he thinks we should be docked points!!! Where one of the above is commonly frowned upon by all supporters of football, maybe so should the other?? As a fan of the other club is it not embarrassing that your chairman is behaving in such a petulant manner?

I find it a bit desperate and fairly disgraceful tbh.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Bloody well said mate, and bugger, I''ve just noticed your post count, I''ll be in 3rd place at this rate![;)]

[/quote]

Don''t worry. Whatever plaice you''re in you''ll still be a haddock.[:P]

Essentially - Colchester blocked a legitimate move, forcing Lambert to resign.

Really - Lambert should receive compensation from Col U.

Will we kick up a fuss like this when Lambert leaves us for a bigger club? No.

Utterly pathetic and just shows them up as the small time hoods they really are.

Very, very sad; not the actions I would expect from our feeder club.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Postal count smoshtal count, lol like either of us gives a damn hahahaha

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Interesting to get an idependent view (courtesy of carrowroad.net)

"I was having a read round some web sites yesterday and happened upon a very good blog by a Leeds Utd supporter,  in which he writes:

When Lambert made the journey from Essex to Norfolk it was implicit that Colchester had accepted this and the only question was the amount of compensation. 3 months later and a figure is yet to be agreed, and you can be sure that is because Colchester want a large and probably ridiculous figure. As they haven’t secured it yet they have decided to report Norwich for poaching! Hang on, if you agreed to negotiations on Lambert the accusation of poaching becomes redundant, ala Grayson and Blackpool, so what you should be asking for is a tribunal to agree the compensation not a stupid, needless and ultimately futile attempt to try and force points off Norwich. Behaviour like this is what undermines integrity in football. (Used without Permission, hope he doesn''t mind) clarkeonenil "

[/quote]

That''s interesting and thanks for posting

[/quote]

Hey Cam,

Can you elaborate on Cowling''s quote that he wanted to agree "a money plus players agreement"? The obvious player would be Jamie C...

Wiz would have been [U]

[:D]

Presumably if we are found innocent we can expect some compensation for the slander..... thought not. Col Utd''s chairman needs to shut up and let professionals decide.