Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Oh er.........here comes trouble! Col Utd report Norwich

Ah, the usual messageboard replies start to surface now........ the one''s with no constructive points to make and a shocking disregard for the English language. Must mean school''s finished for the day........ anyway, back to the discussion. As one of the more realistic members of your forum pointed out, the problem stems from compensation not being agreed before Lambert became your manager. This is why there has been 6 months worth of haggling between the clubs and why, as there has been no resolution, the tribunal has been invoked. They will decide the rights or wrongs of everyones actions and decide how much compensation is due and also if any further action against NCFC should be handed out. The sad thing is that if your club have acted wrongly, then most of you seem to completely condone the fact, which to followers of the U''s just seems like arrogance........

It''s just because they are another Anglian side and so they don''t want us to get promoted. Now we have Lambert we are a totally different side. If they are so angry about this, then why didn''t they report us earlier or tell Lambert he wasn''t allowed to leave? Lambert came because he and McNally are friends

[quote user="Seven Up"]Ah, the usual messageboard replies start to surface now........ the one''s with no constructive points to make and a shocking disregard for the English language. Must mean school''s finished for the day........ anyway, back to the discussion. As one of the more realistic members of your forum pointed out, the problem stems from compensation not being agreed before Lambert became your manager. This is why there has been 6 months worth of haggling between the clubs and why, as there has been no resolution, the tribunal has been invoked. They will decide the rights or wrongs of everyones actions and decide how much compensation is due and also if any further action against NCFC should be handed out. The sad thing is that if your club have acted wrongly, then most of you seem to completely condone the fact, which to followers of the U''s just seems like arrogance........[/quote]

But to condone it would mean Colchester were in the right, and as yet it hasn''t been proven as such.

We shall all have to wait and see what went on and who was in the right or wrong, until then, and unless you know exactly what went on, you can''t jusge and neither can I.

[quote user="Seven Up"]Ah, the usual messageboard replies start to surface now........ the one''s with no constructive points to make and a shocking disregard for the English language. [/quote]

Just like your apostrophe over there.

I''m sorry, that was low. I shouldn''t done that.

Here, have some pizza to make up for it [pi]

Anyway, it''s not that we condone any wrongdoing... I think that we just aren''t that bothered. Comeupance on its way, possibly, but at least it isn''t boring.

Here''s some coffee to wash that pizza down [C]

[quote user="Seven Up"]Ah, the usual messageboard replies start to surface now........ the one''s with no constructive points to make and a shocking disregard for the English language. Must mean school''s finished for the day........ anyway, back to the discussion. As one of the more realistic members of your forum pointed out, the problem stems from compensation not being agreed before Lambert became your manager. This is why there has been 6 months worth of haggling between the clubs and why, as there has been no resolution, the tribunal has been invoked. They will decide the rights or wrongs of everyones actions and decide how much compensation is due and also if any further action against NCFC should be handed out. The sad thing is that if your club have acted wrongly, then most of you seem to completely condone the fact, which to followers of the U''s just seems like arrogance........[/quote]

Hmmmm... "or else you''re all going to have to invest in large tubes of KY jelly and be prepared to bend over to earn the money to help the club out." Those sort of usual messagebaord replies? Very constructive I must say. Your mum must be soooooooooo proud!

The problem stems from Lambert resigning after you gave us permission to speak to him, therefore it can only be assumed (being as that is what you are doing) that your chairman went back on an agreement or was being unreasonable. We then offered him the job. If you can''t prove that and I can''t see how you can then your beef is with Lambert if anyone. You''re right about the tribunal and it''s a pity you are releasing petty little statements like " we think a points deduction is appropriate..." rather than waiting for the decision.

I presume that if the decision goes out way you''ll be apologising then? yeah right.....

[quote user="Seven Up"]Ah, the usual messageboard replies start to surface now........ the one''s with no constructive points to make and a shocking disregard for the English language. Must mean school''s finished for the day........ anyway, back to the discussion. As one of the more realistic members of your forum pointed out, the problem stems from compensation not being agreed before Lambert became your manager. This is why there has been 6 months worth of haggling between the clubs and why, as there has been no resolution, the tribunal has been invoked. They will decide the rights or wrongs of everyones actions and decide how much compensation is due and also if any further action against NCFC should be handed out. The sad thing is that if your club have acted wrongly, then most of you seem to completely condone the fact, which to followers of the U''s just seems like arrogance........[/quote]How have we acted wrongly? Lambert resigned from your club then was appointed by us. Its not our fault a small club like yours can''t hold on to their better players/managers. It takes two parties to have an argument so failure to reach an agreement about how much compensation (if any) is due is as much your fault as it is ours. If anything I think Colchester United should be fined for the shockingly unprofessional way your club appears to conduct business.  Publicly asking for a points deduction is pretty low, I think your club is run by some very sad, bitter individuals.

You have to admit - it shows more flair than "grats your scum" though doesn''t it!?

You are missing the point here Mr Grant, you have the permission thing at the front of your mind and are hanging onto it like a dog with a bone. Yes, we gave him permission to talk to you but on the condition that no deal could be made for his services until the clubs had agreed compensation. This is where it all falls down. Knowing that a compensation agreement would not be settled in a short space of time, Lambert resigned (whether off his own back or at the suggestion of NCFC I doubt we shall ever know). Those two points will be the cases that are presented at the tribunal I would think.

Your quote is wrong by the way - if you read our offical statement it actually says "The FDC has power to award Colchester compensation and deduct points from Norwich, a remedy which we are advised might be particulary relevant in this case" Doesn''t say anything about "we think a points deduction is appropriate" at all, merely points out the options the FDC have and that we have been advised that a points deduction could be relevant in this instance.

I''m slightly confused, about what they''re actually claiming on behalf of?It''s not consequential economic loss surely - it''s pure economic loss (they could potentially not be promoted but it cannot surely be seen to say that they have been put in a worse position by not having Lamber as manager, because they''re still doing so well) and you can''t claim for pure economic loss...Or am i thinking completely along the wrong lines? I''m not entirely filled up on the legal side - i''m only studying my second part of A-level Law so i can''t honestly say i see where they''re coming from.

Say Hello to the Angels...... for starters, I said IF your club have acted wrongly. Secondly, you are displaying your "big club" arrogance quite nicely - thank you for proving me right. As for the points deduction thing, see my post above or alternatively try reading things properly before you post.

[quote user="Seven Up"]Say Hello to the Angels...... for starters, I said IF your club have acted wrongly. Secondly, you are displaying your "big club" arrogance quite nicely - thank you for proving me right. As for the points deduction thing, see my post above or alternatively try reading things properly before you post.[/quote]

Well we are a bigger club that''s not a lie lol

[quote user="Seven Up"]You have to admit - it shows more flair than "grats your scum" though doesn''t it!?

You are missing the point here Mr Grant, you have the permission thing at the front of your mind and are hanging onto it like a dog with a bone. Yes, we gave him permission to talk to you but on the condition that no deal could be made for his services until the clubs had agreed compensation. This is where it all falls down. Knowing that a compensation agreement would not be settled in a short space of time, Lambert resigned (whether off his own back or at the suggestion of NCFC I doubt we shall ever know). Those two points will be the cases that are presented at the tribunal I would think.

Your quote is wrong by the way - if you read our offical statement it actually says "The FDC has power to award Colchester compensation and deduct points from Norwich, a remedy which we are advised might be particulary relevant in this case" Doesn''t say anything about "we think a points deduction is appropriate" at all, merely points out the options the FDC have and that we have been advised that a points deduction could be relevant in this instance.[/quote]Seven Up, I have only just got up to speed (if at all) with this, so this point may have been answered, but...The complaint from Colchester refers solely to the failure to agree a compensation package before Lambert moved. In other words Colchester are saying they were resigned to losing Lambert, and had no complaints about  how Norwich approached Lambert/Colchester. It was just a question of how much. Under those circumstances the obvious penalty for any complaint - if proved - is a financial one.But Colchester are saying a points penalty might be also relevant. That is much more the kind of penalty a club would seek if it was unhappy with the original approach - in other words, if it suspected Norwich had tapped Lambert up.

"we gave him permission to talk to you but on the condition that no deal could be made for his services until the clubs had agreed compensation. This is where it all falls down. Knowing that a compensation agreement would not be settled in a short space of time, Lambert resigned (whether off his own back or at the suggestion of NCFC I doubt we shall ever know). Those two points will be the cases that are presented at the tribunal I would think. "

Not missing the point at all Mr Up. You have to prove that we made him an offer before he resigned. I doubt you can & therefore without evidence it will fail. It is simply a matter of compensation (or not) and I guess Norwich think that there is no way you''ll get what you are asking for so are willing to go to a tribunal. You stated "a remedy which we are advised might be particulary relevant in this case". How if it''s never been done before? How is it relevant? It''s just petty posturing by a very bitter chairman and does you no credit whatsoever.

At the end of the day your chairman stupidily opened the door for Lambert to leave & his dented pride is fuelling this petty dispute. All the noise seems to be coming from your baord, ours seems remarkably calm.

Anyway, you have a nice weekend you hear & enjoy your game (whoever your playing).

[quote user="Seven Up"]Say Hello to the Angels...... for starters, I said IF your club have acted wrongly. Secondly, you are displaying your "big club" arrogance quite nicely - thank you for proving me right. As for the points deduction thing, see my post above or alternatively try reading things properly before you post.[/quote]The fact your club brought up the points deduction implies that is what they want, its called reading between the lines, otherwise why bring it up. The fact is you are punching above your weight as it is and your board will obviously use any tactic however shabby in order to try and gain promotion. We are not just a bigger club than yours we also have more class. I am not going to apologise for supporting a bigger team than yours, when we were in the premier league we were one of the smaller teams, I didn''t hold it against Liverpool just cos they are bigger than us.

None of us know definitively if there was any prior approach to Lambert, however, the whole thing stinks of it, surely even the most diehard NCFC fan can see that. McNally and Lambert have known each other for some time, NCFC approach CUFC to appoint him, not to request permission to talk to him but to appoint him (funnily enough, only a week after he was actually at your ground) and after we gave conditional permission for him to talk to you he decided that he''d resign, we can assume safe in the knowledge that he had a job to go to (also applies to Culverhouse and Karsa). All will come out in the wash though.

Seven Up, the sooner you guys over in Colechister or w/e the hell it is you lot live accept your status as "Feeder Club" the better.Stop trying to play big guns and accept your stature.Way I see it is this, you play in Blue... so do the Binners....Work the next bit out for yourself

(PS: I hate to have to point out the fact I spelt your crummy village name incorectly to increase my contempt of you guys but i fear you will think i cant spell it thus included this disclaimer)

[quote user="Seven Up"]None of us know definitively if there was any prior approach to Lambert, however, the whole thing stinks of it, surely even the most diehard NCFC fan can see that. McNally and Lambert have known each other for some time, NCFC approach CUFC to appoint him, not to request permission to talk to him but to appoint him (funnily enough, only a week after he was actually at your ground) and after we gave conditional permission for him to talk to you he decided that he''d resign, we can assume safe in the knowledge that he had a job to go to (also applies to Culverhouse and Karsa). All will come out in the wash though.[/quote]Unfortunately for you the ''no smoke without fire'' approach isn''t generally admissible as evidence. You can''t prove a thing so nah nah nah nah nah we nicked your manager!!!!

You call it reading between the lines - I call it sophistry, you are twisting the words to suit your own point of view on the subject. A club with more class would not resort to banging on about being a bigger club and I''m not expecting you to apologise for it either.

Hmmmmm.......... how erudite you are Nexus_Canary. I''m so glad you enlightened me with your persuasive reasoning and I''m just sorry I can''t be there to personally congratulate you on your powerful arguments. I know when I am beaten and have no answer to your superior intellect. Farewell and thanks for all the fish!

By the way I thought I saw your name as I walked down the bread aisle in Tescos last week, but when I looked again, I realised that it actually said "Thick Cut"

No danger mate, its all good.I didnt realise that they "half baked" Thick Cut bread if im honest !Never Been !!!Anyways, ill be sure to come visit you at work next time I want a Big Mac and Fries :)

[quote user="Seven Up"]You call it reading between the lines - I call it sophistry, you are twisting the words to suit your own point of view on the subject. A club with more class would not resort to banging on about being a bigger club and I''m not expecting you to apologise for it either.[/quote]But we are a bigger club!Anyway I can see its upsetting you so......I am so, so very sorry that Norwich City are a bigger club than Colchester United. In future I will try to expunge from my brain the memories of our premiership days, beating Bayern Munich in Germany (still the only English club ever to do so) and the fact we have 25,000 loyal fans every week despite being in League. For you I will forget all of this and think of Norwich as another village team like colchester unitedHappy?

[quote user="Seven Up"]None of us know definitively if there was any prior approach to Lambert, however, the whole thing stinks of it.[/quote]Seven Up, this is precisely the point I was raising earlier on. If that is the real growse (which would not surprise me and which would explain the possible relevance of a points penalty) then why has Colchester not included that in its complaint?By solely mentioning the failure to agree compensation Colchester is cutting the ground from under its own feet, legally, in terms of trying to argue for a points penalty.

At the end of the day i think far more has gone on than ANY of us know about. Norwich have obviously done something wrong as they have offered some sort of compensation. I think this will get settled with an amount somewhere between what Norwich are offering and what Col Utd want. In my opinion the whole talk of points deducted is ridiculous and wrong,it is something i don''t agree with in anything even when a club goes into addministration as it is always the fans that end up suffering and not the people who are to blame. I think deep down our board know it will never happen and it has probably been said to try and bump up the amount of compensation agreed. Like many Col Utd fans i am not bothered Lambert has gone and am far more happy with Aidy so i don''t really care where Norwich end up at the end of the season,i would be happy if we both went up as long as Ipshit go the other way.

[quote user="cufcone"]At the end of the day i think far more has gone on than ANY of us know about. Norwich have obviously done something wrong as they have offered some sort of compensation. I think this will get settled with an amount somewhere between what Norwich are offering and what Col Utd want. In my opinion the whole talk of points deducted is ridiculous and wrong,it is something i don''t agree with in anything even when a club goes into addministration as it is always the fans that end up suffering and not the people who are to blame. I think deep down our board know it will never happen and it has probably been said to try and bump up the amount of compensation agreed. Like many Col Utd fans i am not bothered Lambert has gone and am far more happy with Aidy so i don''t really care where Norwich end up at the end of the season,i would be happy if we both went up as long as Ipshit go the other way.[/quote]Fair play, agree with most of that, especially the last sentence.

I can''t answer for the club PurpleCanary, but perhaps it''s that the compensation is the priority and that a points penalty isn''t anything that the club want, after all how much would we actually benefit from it ......

Anyway - it''s been emotional and some of us nearly even had a discussion at one point didn''t we...... perish the thought!

Up the U''s & looking forward to beating you in January.

[quote user="cufcone"]At the end of the day i think far more has gone on than ANY of us know about. Norwich have obviously done something wrong as they have offered some sort of compensation. I think this will get settled with an amount somewhere between what Norwich are offering and what Col Utd want. In my opinion the whole talk of points deducted is ridiculous and wrong,it is something i don''t agree with in anything even when a club goes into addministration as it is always the fans that end up suffering and not the people who are to blame. I think deep down our board know it will never happen and it has probably been said to try and bump up the amount of compensation agreed. Like many Col Utd fans i am not bothered Lambert has gone and am far more happy with Aidy so i don''t really care where Norwich end up at the end of the season,i would be happy if we both went up as long as Ipshit go the other way.[/quote]

You still remain my favourite Colchester fan ever, every single one of your posts insults Ipswich, I like that.