Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Oh er.........here comes trouble! Col Utd report Norwich

With your new found trust in all things Norwich City you of all people have nothing to worry about.

The Stowmarket Two will have no bearing on these matters.

Colchester have done the expected and reported us. (for previous info on this see my blog posting on the matter http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/blogs/the-chirp.aspx  ''Norwich to face points deduction?'') The threat is real, we could lose a point for this and certainly get a fine. I think it was a risk worth taking to get Lambert although perhaps McNally should have gone about it in a better way. Thoughts? Anyone really worried about this? Anyone think it will just blow over? I think NC might try to settle now that it has got heavy... Hopefully it is not too late to try and settle!

I have zero inside info but what I will say is...reading beween the lines I think Col are asking for too much as they know they have a case. bit of blackmail going on. hopefully it will be more of a tribunal situation and nc don''t get in too much trouble.

[quote user="The Butler"]

I wonder if it''s because we don''t have the money to settle.

Equivalent to hiding under the table when the rent man calls!![:D]

[/quote]

Precisely.

hmm... team in the playoffs trying to get points taken off their rivals.. who''d have thunk?!

all will happen is we will get fined...this money will then be given to Col Utd to shut up... we shall then beat them 6-0 away to ram their words down their throats... "your just a small town in Ipswich".

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Wiz is enjoying himself anyway.  He''s already been on the Col U board to issue one of his devastating hexes.  :lol[/quote]

Laugh after your next game Cam!

Oh they won''t know what hit em''[;)]

If Norwich are at fault then this leads me to believe they had already put the wheels in motion before the season had started to get Lambert.

If we are found guilty then the finger has to be pointed at McNally... he seems to be the man running things now.

can anyone think of 1 manager move that has resulted in a points deduction - heavy fine perhaps , but what justification for a punishment that has never happened before - think Bruce at Sunderland , etc - would opena huge can of worms

[quote user="gary "]can anyone think of 1 manager move that has resulted in a points deduction - heavy fine perhaps , but what justification for a punishment that has never happened before - think Bruce at Sunderland , etc - would opena huge can of worms[/quote]

Exactly, but we''re not a Premier League side, look how Leeds have been punished!

[quote user="gary "]can anyone think of 1 manager move that has resulted in a points deduction - heavy fine perhaps , but what justification for a punishment that has never happened before - think Bruce at Sunderland , etc - would opena huge can of worms[/quote]

Nope. I cannot see it happening. Portsmouth and Chelsea have transgressed this season, albeit for other reasons, but no points deduction or fine has been imposed, as far as I am aware. No doubt that we will be ordered to pay compensation though, but then that is only fair.

They are only doing it because we are threathening their position in the league.... I hope we stuff the jealous little nobodys

The only thing I can think of that''s REMOTELY similar is Dowie/Palace, and even then it was a fine on Dowie rather than the club.

Why can''t this tinpot little club just p*ss off and leave us alone.

It anooys me that I even have to care about what col U are doing either on or off the field as they have always been insignificant but I am rapidly starting to detest them.

We won''t have points deducted. Its just grandstanding, Frankly i''m not even convinced they are due any compensation.

The whinging is quite pathetic.... we are advised that a points deduction is quite appropriate???  Laughable.

No doubt they''ll be whipping up the hatred come the game. Sad really.

[quote user="Mike Grant"]

The whinging is quite pathetic.... we are advised that a points deduction is quite appropriate???  Laughable.

No doubt they''ll be whipping up the hatred come the game. Sad really.

[/quote]

Join me on their Offy message board Mike.............and give em'' hell!

[quote user="Mike Grant"]The whinging is quite pathetic.... we are advised that a points deduction is quite appropriate???[/quote]

That wound me up as well. It''s like they want to get compensated by having us deducted points rather than paying them money. A bit childish to say the least.

Can''t be arsed, they''re just a minor irration ...... Still at least it proves that we really did get a fantastic manager.

to be honest i cant see how theyd have a case, they gave permission for us to speak to him, he resigned, he was technically a free agent after resigning so couldve gone to anywhere, they wouldnt be taking this position if we werent in a position to leap above them.

sounds like there worried that were in a better position then them for promotion in the playoffs

"Listen Cowling, you mention a points deduction again and I''ll tear your skin off, wear it to your Mum''s birthday party and rub your nuts up against her whilst whistling Bohemian Rhapsody. Now f*ck off"

"Sorry Malcolm.......I mean David"

We''ll be fine [;)]