Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Norwich City official font

Does anybody know what font the club uses for their badge and notices around the ground.

i.e.

The font used on this badge....

Well, it''s a serif face but that hardly narrows it down! There is a chance Sm*dg*r or Cam might recognise it, but there are so many typefaces in existence I wouldn''t bank on that. Probably the simplest thing would be to ask the club.

take a look at fonts.com - you can put ''norwich city'' in to the sample text box and search through. i''ve checked the ones containing ''serif'' but doesn''t look like any of the 282 on there!I think it''s also used by a local estate agents (local to me, anyway) www.robertellis.co.ukTom

[quote user="Mick Dundee"]The font is called Dauphin.[/quote]good work!http://www.fonts.com/FindFonts/Detail.htm?pid=242822&/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=0&page_id=18175&query=DAUPHIN&SCOPE=Fonts

Found it for free...http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free-fonts/d/Dauphin.ttf

hthTom

[quote user="Mick Dundee"]The font is called Dauphin.[/quote]

Correct I believe.  I think the full description is Dauphin-Normal (just in case there are now variations on same).

[quote user="Romantic"]Not to be confused with the Norwich City Official People''s Front.[/quote]Splitter...

[quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Romantic"]Not to be confused with the Norwich City Official People''s Front.[/quote]Splitter...[/quote]Wahay! An avalanche of quotes to follow...

[quote user="Mick Dundee"]The font is called Dauphin.[/quote]It is indeed. I still have sheets and sheets of letraset Dauphin left over from when our studio used to work for the club. That was back in Bad Bob''s days and we did the brochure for the opening of the City Stand.Seems like only yesterday…

[quote user="6088m canary"]Whatever happened to the Norwich CIty Popular Front?ah, First wizard is over there.....[/quote]No, he''s part of the Popular Norwich City Front.

[quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]

Time for a change I think. Looks a bit out of date now. Doesn''t fit with the new lean and mean Norwich[/quote]

You could always go for Ryno Slab, a new face which came out in the summer.  [;)]

Preview Image

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Mick Dundee"]The font is called Dauphin.[/quote]

Correct I believe.  I think the full description is Dauphin-Normal (just in case there are now variations on same).

[/quote]Colchester Utd use Dauphin Abnormal[;)]