Sign in to follow this  
Being Jan Kristiansen...

Big Dunc & Dawson

As its that time of the year for speculation I thought that I would throw my ideas into the debate.

How about Duncan Ferguson on loan? He can be nasty but is such a handful and would offer us exactly what we need, a big guy who can hold the ball up and scare the pants of opposition defenders.

If Everton sign another striker then he will not be needed by them. I know his wages will be expensive and that he has anger management issues but we need to take a chance.

Secondly we could buy Dawson from Forest. They need some money to strengthen, we could offer a part exchange for McV as well. He is one of those players that other clubs dont want to take a risk on so I think we could get him.

ps, this is NOT a rumour that I heard from my best mates half sisters work college pizza delivery boy, down the pub!

Do we need an ageing psychopath at carrow rd.That would really engender team spirit within the squad.

p.s Charlie Bronson is also available on day release from HMP at very reasonable wages

Yes

I dont want to see ''pretty'' Norwich relegated. We need a striker who can hold the ball up, be a quick let out and has the presence to take out (in more ways than one) defenders from the game.

I would not sign him permanently but he could do a great job until the end of the season.

We could also have new chant: ''we smack burglers, we smack burglers''.

I don''t think the Dunc suggestion is a bad on at all.  I think since Iwan has left we''ve been looking for Ferguson, Les Ferdinand, Kevin Campbell etc figure to play up front.  With Everton almost certainly going to buy a striker in the window, I think it''s not a bad idea.

As for Dawson, he''s a very very talented defender.  Unfortunately, I would have thought we''re a bit too far down the pecking order for him

[quote]Are you related to Campbell or are you Mark Rivers sister? Campbell has not played for Everton this year which seems to suggest that Ferguson is better.[/quote]

Think about it...

Duncan Ferguson is on high wages and isn''t what you would call a model professional. Not exactly a prolific goal scorer either, not forgetting he is incredibly injury-prone. Not the type of player we need at all. It''s not about who is the better player in general, it''s who is the better player for Norwich City...and that is Kevin Campbell without doubt. For Everton, Duncan Ferguson would appear to suit them better. But here at Norwich, we like to play football, rather than have our players assualt the opposition.

Kevin Campbell however... (Taken from an Everton fans website) "has been Everton''s top scorer in four of the last six seasons, but due to the form of Benty, and Leon, he has not made a start since August."

David Moyes on Kevin Campbell: "Kevin has been unfortunate to have been out of the 16-man squad for the last few games. But I would like to say that behind the scenes he has been a model professional and after every game he has been the first to congratulate the players. Sometimes that kind of thing can go unnoticed. It can be difficult for an experienced, older player to come to terms with a situation like that but Kevin has handled himself well. He knows that with the size of the squad we have right now there will be plenty of opportunities to play between now and the end of the season."

Not only does he still have the quality to be a Premiership player, he''s exactly the type of player Nigel Worthington likes, and is highly unlikely to upset the harmony at the club.

We could do a lot worse than Kevin Campbell...couldn''t do any worse than Duncan Ferguson...fact!

Darl Sutch was a model pro! What does that mean? He makes the gaffer cups of tea and collects all the balls at the end of training sessions?????

We dont need a model pro, we need someone who can into the first team squad of a Premiership team and make a differance.

I know Everton are doing pretty well this season but they still have a small squad and are pretty lightweight up front with only a choice between Bent & Ferguson. Sounds like Moyes is trying to flog him.

I am open to other suggestions as to who to get in up front but Campbell does not seem to be right.

Are you his agent?

[quote]Darl Sutch was a model pro! What does that mean? He makes the gaffer cups of tea and collects all the balls at the end of training sessions????? We dont need a model pro, we need someone who can into...[/quote]

Yes, that is correct, I''m his agent

If you genuinely think that Duncan Ferguson is better (think of the overall package) for us than Kevin Campbell, then you clearly know absolutely nothing about football...and after reading your ''model pro'' quip, it suggests that I''m spot on with my view!

I will be absolutely gutted if we sign Duncan Ferguson; the man is not the player to help us survive.

Kevin Campbell however, I would welcome to play in the yellow shirt; he''d be cheap, low wages, we know what we''re getting, good pro, experienced Premiership player etc. etc. etc. Only one of those assets apply to Ferguson, and that''s experience, all the others suggest he''s not right for our club. Do you see?

I wouldn''t be too concerned if we got neither, just pray to god we go nowhere near Ferguson.

Whats Les Ferdinand up to these days?

If its only ''till the end of the season, his knees might just hold out Certainly less of a liability than Duncan Disorderly.

[quote]Whats Les Ferdinand up to these days? If its only ''till the end of the season, his knees might just hold out Certainly less of a liability than Duncan Disorderly.[/quote]

Exactly right Herb.  Ferdinand is at Bolton, not getting a game.  I''d have him up front