Sign in to follow this  
Jon Moorhouse

Stockport - hoodoo ends

After over 4 years, over £1000 spent at 25+ home and away games I have finally seen Norwich win - although I had to sit in the Stockport end to do it - I also have seem to remember the last time I saw us win I was in the home end at Crewe.

To me we played worse than at Leeds but against a team completely lacking in confidence - they seemed clueless when they got into good positions - highlight was a one on one with Forster where their player just ran straight at him.

Holts first goal seemed to go through their keepers hands and hit his ear before looping in to the net from 2 yards out. Our penalty was the opposite end to me so was hard to see but their players seemed upset about something. Their goal blatantly deflected off their striker stood in an off-side position and for a while it looked like the ref was going to disallow it but the line-o didn''t seem to want to give it. At this stage they looked capable of snatching a draw and had a strong penalty claim when the ball seemed to hit Askou''s hand - fortunately the ref was unsighted by a player and the same line-o didn''t want to make a decision. Couldn''t be certain from where I was but their players looked pretty unhappy. Then Cody Mc robbed their left back of the ball, sensibly squared the ball and Holt wrapped it up.

Drury did pretty well at right back and nearly scored. Doc and Askou were pretty untroubled at the back and solid in the air. Lappin did well at left back. Forster would be a decent keeper if he could learn to kick better. Midfield did well - Smith down the right is solid, Hoolahan ran the show, Gill got stuck in until injury, Russell was ok. Up front Holt was immense - amazed he has not played consistently at a higher level, Martin was quiet today. Subs - Cody did the job he should have done at Leeds by defending from the front and Adyemi (cruelly compared to Carlton Palmer by Stockport fans around me) looked useful.

Amusingly there were 10 Ipswich fans in the home end - hope they enjoyed their trip out! 

Chris Martin was strong on the ball to weave around a couple of players but went down very easily for the penalty...but who cares...a goal''s a goal...as they say!

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]

After over 4 years, over £1000 spent at 25+ home and away games I have finally seen Norwich win ...........[/quote]

Blimey mate, you have had bad luck !

We all know Norwich have been pretty c*ap in recent years but that is some feat of endurance. ( bet you were getting a bit twitchy when Stockport pulled a goal back ( lol ) )

I''ve been to about 20 away games and haven''t seen us win one! Seen about 2/3 draws and the rest have all been defeats....

I haven''t been yet this season, and don''t worry, I won''t go any time soon!

[quote user="Captain Holt"]I''ve been to about 20 away games and haven''t seen us win one! Seen about 2/3 draws and the rest have all been defeats.... I haven''t been yet this season, and don''t worry, I won''t go any time soon![/quote]

Blimey, kudos to you for going to the games however thats not a pretty statistic and I''d stick to the wireless!