Sign in to follow this  
StevoM

Who else was...

dissapointed with our support yesterday?After the game it was great, everyone was obviously happy, chanting whilst walking back to their cars and the coaches.  However during the match, two thirds of the away stand sat for almost the entire game and didn''t join in with any chants.Hoping it''s better the next time I go to an away game.

It was impossible without a roof on that stand and how spread out we were, apparently there was a lot of singing towards the right hand side but i could barely hear that on the left side, maybe an eerie OTBC at times but that was it, any noise just floated away without a roof to keep it in.

It was really hard work to get anything going ...but it wasn''t that bad at Gillingham without a roof. Noone can doubt the commitment of the support that travelled up to Stockport yesterday, but it did seem to have a much more senior profile overall and judging by what I saw around me yesterday, there didn''t appear to be an appetite for singing. Just unlucky yesterday I suppose. The energy on the right couldn''t link in with the left and too few up for singing in the middle.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]It was really hard work to get anything going ...but it wasn''t that bad at Gillingham without a roof. Noone can doubt the commitment of the support that travelled up to Stockport yesterday, but it did seem to have a much more senior profile overall and judging by what I saw around me yesterday, there didn''t appear to be an appetite for singing. Just unlucky yesterday I suppose. The energy on the right couldn''t link in with the left and too few up for singing in the middle.[/quote]At Gillingham it wasn''t 10rows deep stretched along the touchline though

[quote user="They Call Me Gary"]dissapointed with our support yesterday?After the game it was great, everyone was obviously happy, chanting whilst walking back to their cars and the coaches.  However during the match, two thirds of the away stand sat for almost the entire game and didn''t join in with any chants.Hoping it''s better the next time I go to an away game.[/quote]disappointing every week, our away support is only good during late kick offs and weeknight games.

[quote user="riers"][quote user="They Call Me Gary"]dissapointed with our support yesterday?

After the game it was great, everyone was obviously happy, chanting whilst walking back to their cars and the coaches.  However during the match, two thirds of the away stand sat for almost the entire game and didn''t join in with any chants.
Hoping it''s better the next time I go to an away game.
[/quote]
disappointing every week, our away support is only good during late kick offs and weeknight games.
[/quote]

Hey riers, you moan on here like an old woman about a lack of singing, yet when me and Ginge sing throughout a game, you moan about that. Do you sing at all, or do you just moan?

I was disappointed yesterday.

The fact that there was no roof is no excuse, there were lots of people who could hear one person trying sing but would not make a noise.

I actually felt as thought everyone was annoyed at me and my brother for trying for the whole match cos we were making too much noise. There was only about 5 others in our block who regularly joined in (far right side).

Managed to get a few to sing "our support is f**king s***" though.

Some of you might say that''s immature, but we often sing it at other fans who are nearly always more noisy than us lot yesterday.

[quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="riers"][quote user="They Call Me Gary"]dissapointed with our support yesterday?After the game it was great, everyone was obviously happy, chanting whilst walking back to their cars and the coaches.  However during the match, two thirds of the away stand sat for almost the entire game and didn''t join in with any chants.Hoping it''s better the next time I go to an away game.[/quote]disappointing every week, our away support is only good during late kick offs and weeknight games.[/quote]

Hey riers, you moan on here like an old woman about a lack of singing, yet when me and Ginge sing throughout a game, you moan about that. Do you sing at all, or do you just moan?

[/quote]????

not sure if a hollering and a bellowring equates to support

many of the seniors as you put it have been turning up at games before you were a twinkle in you grandad''s eyes

I don''t think they would take to kindly to those sort of comments from callow youths who opften weren''t even born or thought of when we last won a cup

memorable nights at Orient on a friday night, winning 2-1 at Old Trafford in the FA Cup and lord knows the despair in between

so I suggest you wind your neck in, come back in another 25 years and then tell us what support is

[quote user="judderman"]I was disappointed yesterday.

The fact that there was no roof is no excuse, there were lots of people who could hear one person trying sing but would not make a noise.

I actually felt as thought everyone was annoyed at me and my brother for trying for the whole match cos we were making too much noise. There was only about 5 others in our block who regularly joined in (far right side).

Managed to get a few to sing "our support is f**king s***" though.

Some of you might say that''s immature, but we often sing it at other fans who are nearly always more noisy than us lot yesterday.[/quote]acoustics does have a fair ammount to do with it. M.K dons old stadium was impossible to get a high noise level

It was a sh*t performance and we were ina  stand that made it virtually impossible to make any noise. i spent most of the first half trying to see what was happening with the sun shining straight in my eyes and the crossbar blocking my view of half of the pitch.

Was better atmosphere in the second half but generally you are never going to get any noise going in an away end like that. Why we could not have had those 2 empty blocks down the side I do not know!

I remember years ago in the terrace days,we were at Stoke took almost 3000 there, no roof no sound, yet we were banging the fencing wriggley tin, away fans have to be kept quiet and this is the way they did it .

[quote user="riers"][quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="riers"][quote user="They Call Me Gary"]dissapointed with our support yesterday?

After the game it was great, everyone was obviously happy, chanting whilst walking back to their cars and the coaches.  However during the match, two thirds of the away stand sat for almost the entire game and didn''t join in with any chants.
Hoping it''s better the next time I go to an away game.
[/quote]
disappointing every week, our away support is only good during late kick offs and weeknight games.
[/quote]

[/quote]
????
[/quote]

In a previous thread, someone mentions two people singing throughout the game and you state "bet it''s that ginger prat and his bald mate" , which would  be me.