Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Offer Forster a Permanent deal

I think we should give Forster a Permanent deal as he would be a great signing, plus is very happy here. Money has to be found in January or we will not only loose any chance of good signings but also Lambert.

Delia better not f**k this up come January if she still here.

We have a very good keeper in Rudd, why waste a lot of money on another keeper. We need a back up keeper, not a good young keeper like we already have.

OTBC

Just thinking that if Newcastle return to the Prem and we are in with a chance of returning to the championship it might be possible to get him. We also require a quality back-up keeper which is Rudd.

I think newcastle want him back...they said he can''t play in FA cup, only reason not to, is so he can play for them in teh cup.....

I''m not convinced! A good shot stopper but his distribution is very poor!! I prefer Rudd.

While I rate Forster, I think we''d be better of spending our money in other areas and get in an adequate back up to Rudd in the form of a loan.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think newcastle want him back...they said he can''t play in FA cup, only reason not to, is so he can play for them in teh cup.....
[/quote]

He is out of contract in 2010 so they might be looking to sell him and so don''t want him cup-tied.

As he is under 24 NUFC would have to offer him an improved contract else he can leave without compensation.

Remember he is only 21 years old and apart from 1 blunder v Leeds he has done very well.

Norwich are paying all of his wages at the moment so he must be affordable.

[quote user="H4H"]I''m not convinced! A good shot stopper but his distribution is very poor!! I prefer Rudd.[/quote]his distribution is not poor, that was Marshall, it was one bad kick, he has only done it once, on the whole its fairly good.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="H4H"]I''m not convinced! A good shot stopper but his distribution is very poor!! I prefer Rudd.[/quote]

his distribution is not poor, that was Marshall, it was one bad kick, he has only done it once, on the whole its fairly good.....
[/quote]

sorry but I have to agree his disreibution is terrible so are the majority of his kicks .................I much prefer Rudd in goal

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="H4H"]I''m not convinced! A good shot stopper but his distribution is very poor!! I prefer Rudd.[/quote]his distribution is not poor, that was Marshall, it was one bad kick, he has only done it once, on the whole its fairly good.....[/quote]Kicking was dreadful yesterday as well but I agree he is a superb young keeper

[quote user="Beauseant"]Newcastle rate him really highly, so no chance I suspect, although I agree that he''d be a good signing.[/quote]

When are these young players not highly rated?

You can pick out pretty much any youngster and someone somewhere will refer to them as "highly rated".

I don''t think Forster looks like he''s going to be good enough for what Newcastle will want. Well certainly not in the short and medium term. And if we look like we''re going to be on our way to the Championship and he thinks he''s going to be first choice for us then I think he''d be pretty interested. I''d be surprised if Lambert wasn''t looking to bring him in permanently.

Newcastle have Tim Krul as back up at the moment who is a fantastic young keeper. I doubt Forster will ever have a future with Newcastle. I think we should extend his loan come January until the end of the season but we shouldn''t look at buying another young keeper who will stand in the way of Rudd and Steer (who people have said will the better keeper).

We put Marshall in the way of Lewis and lost him, would be best not to repeat this (although I still think 700k was a decent price for Lewis all things considering)

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="H4H"]I''m not convinced! A good shot stopper but his distribution is very poor!! I prefer Rudd.[/quote]his distribution is not poor, that was Marshall, it was one bad kick, he has only done it once, on the whole its fairly good.....[/quote]

You have obviously watched the Leeds game then. His kicking is dreadful! I get nervous every time the ball gets passed back to him let alone when he takes a goal kick. Saying that a good shot stopper!

I Would Like To See Forster Signed In January, (Or Loan Extended Until The End Of Season). As Much As I Think Rudd Is Very Very Good, I Think We Need Another Keeper As I Don''t See Theo Playing For Us Any Time Soon And Steer Is Still Tied To The Academy.

We need another Crichton type keeper - experienced and willing to bench it for months on end.

Forster- as good a shot stopper as he is- is slow with distribution and can''t kick if there''s a player within 20 yards of him. His decision making isn''t great with it either. He threw the ball to Holt in the left back slot with no city player anywhere near leaving Holt with no option but a hoof upfield. Seemed pretty pointless. Rudd has shown he can handle the pressure, come January I''d trust him.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="H4H"]I''m not convinced! A good shot stopper but his distribution is very poor!! I prefer Rudd.[/quote]

his distribution is not poor, that was Marshall, it was one bad kick, he has only done it once, on the whole its fairly good.....
[/quote]

You obviously were not at the game on saturday! His kicking was awful. Great shot stopper though