Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Should we be loaning players like whaley to lower league 1 clubs

Last season I was against a club like Reading loaning Lita to us and not being allowed to play him against them when in the same league. I felt we were disadvantaged by it but the rules are stil the same so why don''t we loan players like Whaley to clubs like Stockport or Tranmere in the hope they help take points off the top teams such as Leeds in the way that Lita did against Wolves last season. Also it would give our fringe players competitive football rather than reserve football.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Last season I was against a club like Reading loaning Lita to us and not being allowed to play him against them when in the same league. I felt we were disadvantaged by it but the rules are stil the same so why don''t we loan players like Whaley to clubs like Stockport or Tranmere in the hope they help take points off the top teams such as Leeds in the way that Lita did against Wolves last season. Also it would give our fringe players competitive football rather than reserve football.[/quote]1) can stockport and tranmere etc afford him?2) do they want him3) do they need him.

Using Whaley as an example surely if Rochdale can afford Whaley then someone at bottom of L1 should be able to as well. Any of the sides at the bottom would want a player who would add to their team.

Jamie Curetons loan to Barnsley and the goals he scored there last season put us down....

that ends this debate there and then with Whaley....

jas :)

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Using Whaley as an example surely if Rochdale can afford Whaley then someone at bottom of L1 should be able to as well. Any of the sides at the bottom would want a player who would add to their team.[/quote]just because rochdale can afford him doesnt mean tranmere can or stockport etc. stockport are in a lot of debt, really struggling, whereas rochdale coud be reasonably comfortable at that level financially.i will use another example. west ham and west brom. I am willing to bet a side like west brom are in a better state than financially yet they are a league lower than wet sham.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Jamie Curetons loan to Barnsley and the goals he scored there last season put us down....

[/quote]

Here''s Curo during his time at Barnsley......Yes, I do think his loan to them - did contribute to our eventual demise.

If he''s not playing for us and loaning him out to another club (even a rival) allows Lambert to find some money to sign a player who can improve us then it has to be done.

Jas the trouble with the Cureton loan was that it was to a team with a similar league position to us. If we loaned a player to Carlisle for example and stopped him playing against us then surely he could only do damage to our rivals at the top end of the league.

The Rochdale Observer reporter believes Rochdale are paying £500 per week towards his wages.  What percentage contribution that is I do not know.

Or on the other hand, he could play so badly he gives our rivals an easy three points.. what''s to suggest he will be class for someone worse than us?

" Jamie Curetons loan to Barnsley and the goals he scored there last season put us down.... "

That presumes that the striker playing other than him would not have scored.

If you can''t take the debate that far then yes the debate is over

ps we were relegated because we did not achieve enough points

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Absolutely spot on. That was the mother of all stupid decisions, thank fu*k we have a semi competent manager now.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Here''s Curo during his time at Barnsley......Yes, I do think his loan to them - did contribute to our eventual demise.

[/quote]

Agreed

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Last season I was against a club like Reading loaning Lita to us and not being allowed to play him against them when in the same league. I felt we were disadvantaged by it but the rules are stil the same so why don''t we loan players like Whaley to clubs like Stockport or Tranmere in the hope they help take points off the top teams such as Leeds in the way that Lita did against Wolves last season. Also it would give our fringe players competitive football rather than reserve football.[/quote]

why thought whaley was crap and evreyone wanted him out a few weeks ago. shows fans judge players to easy,

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Jamie Curetons loan to Barnsley and the goals he scored there last season put us down....[/quote]

No they didn''t. Even if you take away the two goals he scored for them last season, we would still have been relegated.

I would never loan him to Millwall or Huddersfield or someone who is a close rival. But if Wycombe wanted a pacey winger why wouldn''t you loan him to them based on their league position compared to ours. As long as he can''t play against us and Wycombe aren''t going to finish above us I don''t see the problem. If he helps to deny Millwall 3 points for example surely it would be worth it.

[quote user="City1st"]" Jamie Curetons loan to Barnsley and the goals he scored there last season put us down.... " That presumes that the striker playing other than him would not have scored. If you can''t take the debate that far then yes the debate is over ps we were relegated because we did not achieve enough points[/quote]

Yes but if he hadn''t won them points then we would have had enough points sherlock.

"Yes but if he hadn''t won them points then we would have had enough points sherlock."

The point he is making, that without those goals, they''d have enough points. When you actually work it out. It''s a common myth that they wouldn''t. I''ve seen the breakdown on another thread - suffice to say Jamies points didn''t earn the an extra 6 points...