Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Greeno really is No1

In the matchday programmes towards the back there is a page with facts and figures on each team. Included in these figures one shows the Divisional rating of the goalkeeper, Greeno has been and still is the top rated goalkeeper in the nationwide league. Can anybody tell me what David James is rated at?

For the sake of England it is about time Mr Erickson and his highly paid staff did there jobs and visited Norwich to see one of the main reasons we are sitting pretty at the top of the table. They should then pick James (he''s never let England down) Robinson (probably the best young keeper in the premiership) and Green (probably the best young keeper in the country) and forget about Walker.

I have seen a Young Shilton and used to watch Clemence (in his Liverpool days) and would rate Greeno along side either of these two.

Finally if anybody disagrees with my comments think over this season and name one game that Greeno hasn''t produced saves at vital times to win points. (probable exception Forest away) For me there is no better keeper in the county at present.

Well done Greeno keep it up.

Rather worryingly the Guardian today has Green as a possible buy for Man City when the transfer window opens next month. Is it possible that Hucks was bought on some kind of promise with Green as the bait? Any thoughts...

No way, I can''t believe that we have our best chance ever of promotion and the board would sell us down the river by selling Greeno(England''s number 1) it would be inexcusable, ask anyone if they would rather have Greeno or Hucks(if a choice had to be made) and surely the answer would be keep Greeno? Or am I wrong??

Just checked, at the end of December we were on 43 points after 26 games. The bad thing about last season was we were on 49 points on 2nd March!!

I''m in total agreement with Saint Canary, I think Worthington would see it as a major step backwards if Greeno was to be sold now, with the promise of promotion so very close... I doubt think he would have taken Huckerby over Greeno...